Outcast Anyone ever try 2.8 wheels?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcdabbler

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has ever tried mounting something like Pro-Line Super Swamper 2.8’s on F11(17mm version) rims on their Outcast. I sold my unbuilt Kraton V2 roller recently, and am now considering an Outcast roller, and I have some unused PL Swamper 2.8’s that could be cool. Wouldn’t it keep the center of gravity down?

Just wondering if anyone has ever tried mounting something like Pro-Line Super Swamper 2.8’s on F11(17mm version) rims on their Outcast. I sold my unbuilt Kraton V2 roller recently, and am now considering an Outcast roller, and I have some unused PL Swamper 2.8’s that could be cool. Wouldn’t it keep the center of gravity down?
This is the first time I see some one ask about a smaller tires size
If you did it post pictures here

Some guy on Facebook posted a pic of his Kraton with 2.8 Badlands and it looked pretty dumb.
29511463_1925887437722929_2727015229052618463_n.jpg

Some guy on Facebook posted a pic of his Kraton with 2.8 Badlands and it looked pretty dumb.
29511463_1925887437722929_2727015229052618463_n.jpg

Yeah, that does look pathetic. I sized up my 2.8 Swampers next to my Senton (same wheelbase as Outcast), and they weren't much larger than the Senton stock wheels, so I figure it would probably look silly. Probably be better off trying to get them to fit on a Senton, but they're a bit wide. I think someone else on this forum did that, a year or so ago. It's not all about using those tires, but I was simply wondering if I had an off-road option for an Outcast build, on-hand, since I would first be using the SRC Road Crusher's, as I run around on the streets more than off-road.

I will be trying out my pro line 2.8" prime street tires on mine soon just to see how it handles on the road with racing slicks. I also have 2.8" badlands mx28 and trenchers. I'm sure it will look silly but I bet the street handling will be vastly improved with a lower center of gravity.

Below is the Notorious with 2.8" proline prime tires. It looks ridiculous. It is nearly impossible to make it traction roll with such small tires, but it handles so well with 3.8" tires that I would never consider using 2.8" tires even for street runs.
prime notorious.jpg

Below is the Notorious with 2.8" proline prime tires. It looks ridiculous. It is nearly impossible to make it traction roll with such small tires, but it handles so well with 3.8" tires that I would never consider using 2.8" tires even for street runs. View attachment 22622

W.T.F. !!!!

LOOOOL

This is So Retard !
I must try this my self in Future.
Also get bigger Pinion on
maxresdefault (1).jpg

best ever

LOL
ee31d2ee0286c42b8090ac806cbeb0eb.jpg

prime notorious.jpg

laughing-emoticon-vector-294749.jpg

I’ve been running the 4s outcast tires on mine and they are my favorite. Only slightly smaller diameter, same width but much lighter. Trucks throttle response is better, turns much easier and sharper, air control less twitchy and doesn’t end up on the roof nearly as much.
18FF0301-F725-4BA6-B7A0-CFB10DC1DBBB.jpeg

Last edited:

People only do this to drive it somewhere cause their normal tires are probably bigger the 44" so its illegal. Drive to the show and then switch the tires.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back