Notorious Anyone finding that the Notorious Body breaks easy?!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tskluzak

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
Hi Guys, so I have had my Notorious for 3 months and only take it out on the weekends. First thing I did is reinforce the inside with a ton gorilla tape. After a few sessions I noticed the body started cracking by the doors. So I added some firm foam on the top to give it extra support so it would hit the brace in the center to take some of the load off. Still finding it cracking a lot on both sides and now on the top of the hood area, right under the window. I haven’t heard of a lot of body issues with the outcast bodies. So any of those out there with an outcast and notorious, let me know your experiences with the Bodies on these cars. Wondering if I should just switch to an outcast body? (Even though I love the look of the notorious)

If you switch to another body, consider Proline and paint yourself or maybe one of the Unbreakable bodies. When I crash several times a day, I crack my body up. I have a blue body that takes the hits and a black for when I want to show off.
I've reinforced with Gorilla tape and tried drywall tape and Goo and imo, they all break and it's nice to have a backup.
The crazy Russian body is as strong as the lid on a dumpster (they say) and Proline is $50 before paint. Even if you break up your top, at least you can reinvigorate with a custom new one ....and this is the fun part imo when the weather isnt cooperating enough to go outside.
check out the "never worry again" option. I bought one for my Notorious but not finished out yet. (y)?

⬇⬇
Collusion like collision. ;-)

If you switch to another body, consider Proline and paint yourself or maybe one of the Unbreakable bodies. When I crash several times a day, I crack my body up. I have a blue body that takes the hits and a black for when I want to show off.
I've reinforced with Gorilla tape and tried drywall tape and Goo and imo, they all break and it's nice to have a backup.
The crazy Russian body is as strong as the lid on a dumpster (they say) and Proline is $50 before paint. Even if you break up your top, at least you can reinvigorate with a custom new one ....and this is the fun part imo when the weather isnt cooperating enough to go outside.
check out the "never worry again" option. I bought one for my Notorious but not finished out yet. (y)?

⬇⬇
Collusion like collision. ;-)
Yea, I was planning on doing a custom. I was just surprised how much it has cracked since I got it. I have had my Kraton for a year and the stock body on that has survived quite well. It is in much better shape then my Noto. And I have beat the hell out of my Kraton.

Yea, I was planning on doing a custom. I was just surprised how much it has cracked since I got it. I have had my Kraton for a year and the stock body on that has survived quite well. It is in much better shape then my Noto. And I have beat the hell out of my Kraton.
It has a lot to do with the shape of the body. The Kraton body is lower and more flat compared to the Noto body.

Mine started to crack, well, everywhere. I have a new one on the way, and the first thing I will do, is reinforce the area where the the doors meet the front fender. The big, tall noses on these trucks, take a lot of the impact when you roll, hence the splitting at the front of the doors. Like @olds97_lss, I added a couple of pieces of thin sheet metal (plastic in his case)with rivets to repair, which would have been effective if done from new. Gorilla tape everything else. Honestly, the rivets work with the style of the truck. Gonna do the same on a brand new Outcast body I have already.

Mine started to crack, well, everywhere. I have a new one on the way, and the first thing I will do, is reinforce the area where the the doors meet the front fender. The big, tall noses on these trucks, take a lot of the impact when you roll, hence the splitting at the front of the doors. Like @olds97_lss, I added a couple of pieces of thin sheet metal (plastic in his case)with rivets to repair, which would have been effective if done from new. Gorilla tape everything else. Honestly, the rivets work with the style of the truck. Gonna do the same on a brand new Outcast body I have already.
20190318_070655.jpg

Attachments

• 20190318_070645.jpg
    20190318_070645.jpg
    350.8 KB · Views: 83

This I find completely surprising. I have been through 3 Kraton bodies and I am still on my first Notorious body.

This I find completely surprising. I have been through 3 Kraton bodies and I am still on my first Notorious body.
Mine spends an equal amount of time on the wheels and on the roof. Not just an issue with air control either. I tend to hammer it too hard on most of the starts, and bam, on the roof again. No matter what I've learned watching all the videos and doing all the reading, I still suck at controlling a 6s truck. Did you know that a 6s Notorious could cartwheel over a dozen times? I may have video to prove it. Might be time for that lwb conversion soon, but the swb is too much dam fun!

After seeing those pics, I don’t feel so bad about mine now. Lmao!! Glad to know that I am not the only one. I am surprised they don’t have a body support system like the Kraton has. The one one the outcast/noto Is worthless. All the weight is in the body post when it flips on its back. The hard foam I filled in the cab area has helped to take some of the pressure off but once it starts cracking, it doesn’t take much. Wish proline would come out with a brute body for it like they have for the Kraton. I have seen video of somebody using the brute Kraton body and just cutting off the extra length. But I would like to have the truck look more like a truck IMO.

My body is a $hit show too. Lots of glue and mesh. The initial process of learning to jump takes a big toll. Then you slowly chip it away til it’s done. My noto body is very close to retirement but it has been 6 months now. I’ll take it.

Man that is one ugly notorious. My first outcast body was even uglier but it held up. I think the outcast bodies are a lot stronger than the proline bodies in my experience with my stampede. Your best bet is to go with the Russian bodies
First off, I made a huge mistake in trying to paint the outside. If you see it now, it's got a total rat rod look and appeal. She is aging gracefully, considering she's riding the most ferocious bucking bronco of a 6s bull everyday. I will continue to mend her, and treat her with the respect she deserves. No mail order Russian bride could ever take her place, no matter how "robust" she might be. #I❤MYNOTO

Attachments

• 20190303_214734.jpg
    20190303_214734.jpg
    301.9 KB · Views: 70
First off, I made a huge mistake in trying to paint the outside. If you see it now, it's got a total rat rod look and appeal. She is aging gracefully, considering she's riding the most ferocious bucking bronco of a 6s bull everyday. I will continue to mend her, and treat her with the respect she deserves. No mail order Russian bride could ever take her place, no matter how "robust" she might be. #I❤MYNOTO

thats Bruiser...lol

Well....it must be true love ??.

Try this mine is holding up OK

Attachments

• IMG_20190318_184050.jpg
    IMG_20190318_184050.jpg
    225.6 KB · Views: 76
  • 15529509788296369673830525746327.jpg
    15529509788296369673830525746327.jpg
    521.6 KB · Views: 72
  • 15529510329429063660104364657950.jpg
    15529510329429063660104364657950.jpg
    273.4 KB · Views: 70
Try this mine is holding up OK
That looks pretty sturdy. How old is the body? And what is the black stuff inside? Can you give quick description on how you did it?

Edit. I see now that the plastic dip is the black stuff. Still interested in the process on how you did it though.

Mine spends an equal amount of time on the wheels and on the roof. Not just an issue with air control either. I tend to hammer it too hard on most of the starts, and bam, on the roof again. No matter what I've learned watching all the videos and doing all the reading, I still suck at controlling a 6s truck. Did you know that a 6s Notorious could cartwheel over a dozen times? I may have video to prove it. Might be time for that lwb conversion soon, but the swb is too much dam fun!
I have the same problem so I bought some flints to stick in the roll bar. If its gonna flip so often, I may as well turn it into some spectacle on the pavement.

Painted one coat of plasti dip let it dry overnight then stuck on the dry wall tape self adhesive really then a top coat of plasti dip. It's not cracked at the back like they normally do. BTW I read something a guy shared in my Facebook group today and it's interesting stuff. He tested best ways to improve the body strength this was his conclusion

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back