Senton Anyone gear a thier Senton 6S to run on a 2S battery?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mmcbryar

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Looking to get another truck so my son and I can run together. I like running at a carpet track about an hour away. 2S is the battery limit. there is another clay track that you can run whatever but it is a bit rough on the cars. Jumps are a lot bigger.

I have 2 redcat blackouts running 2s with brushless and they are fun, I just got a senton 3S and it is a much better vehicle. Locally I can pick up a used 6S senton. Used is fine, you just fix what you break anyway. But I would like to run with my 2S batteries and on that track. It is 2 pounds more than the 3S but could I just gear it up and run 2s? It seems running 2S would be super durable too which is what I want. I got tired of fixing my red cats every time I took them out.

On the stock motor, it will be pretty slow. You would want to swap the motor to something like a 3660 4000kv motor. Also, be sure to use good high c batteries.

A motor swap? Can't gear it? Is the weight a big deal? 2 lbs is almost 50% more weight...

I have been running my senton 3S senton on just 2S batteries and it is plenty fun for me. Not looking for a speed demon just something that will run around 30+ mph and get around a track decent. Not racing competitive or anything, just my son an I. I would give him my 3S.

Just not sure if what I want to do is worth messing with the 6S or if I should just but another 3S senton.

I think it has more to do with the internal resistance of the battery and not being able to deliver enough amps to the esc. You don't wanna burn that thing out with something it's not designed to run on.

I can pull a motor out of the redcat. Have a Gool RC 3660 3800Kv. Now to look and see what that would do with stock gearing...

(edit) So I did some math, if stock 6s goes 50 mph swapping to a 3800kv motor on 2s should go 30mph. Just a hair slower than the Senton 3s. Would prob still need a gear change but just swapping a motor does not sound too bad to me. I will have to think on it. Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
A motor swap? Can't gear it? Is the weight a big deal? 2 lbs is almost 50% more weight...

I have been running my senton 3S senton on just 2S batteries and it is plenty fun for me. Not looking for a speed demon just something that will run around 30+ mph and get around a track decent. Not racing competitive or anything, just my son an I. I would give him my 3S.

Just not sure if what I want to do is worth messing with the 6S or if I should just but another 3S senton.
I say re-motor mostly because the stock motor is 2050kv - pretty low - and 4074 - pretty big. If you throw on a huge pinion you can make up some / most of the speed. The huge motor can make the torque, no problem. But then, you amps will be thru the roof, you will need a serious quality battery to feed the motor.

The big amps / big battery is an issue with most racing 4wd SCT's. They are all heavy trucks for 2s (heavier than a Slash or Senton 3s), but the Senton 6s adds a bit of weight even over the SCTE or SCT410's of the world.

If you really want to race the Senton, you will need to put it on a diet. Remove the extra basher bumpers. Remove the mud guards. Might do some internet searching and see if you can find some Team Durango parts from a DESC10, like the shock towers. Swapping to a 550-size motor and a SCT sized ESC will save a lot of weight too.

OTOH, if you just want to do some "Track Bashing" (I do this a lot) - then just throw on a 20t pinion, and go have fun.

A Senton Mega (brushed) might be perfect. You can run it on 2s, get ~26-30mph out of it, and the cat and it's parts are dirt cheap.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back