Anyone Had This Happen?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trains8989

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
i have recently run the car at my local bike track. then thee car just stopped and made this grinding sound. Removed the body then this happened.
WP_20181015_002.jpg

I am using the back end of the pinion to keep the car running. I am taking it easy until I get another one.

I've seen this happen when landing on full throttle on high grip terrain for example.
Stock pinion is not that great, have had much better results with Team Corally (that's what's easy to get here)and Robinson racing but not GPM for some reason, they bind a bit with Arrmas spur.

i have recently run the car at my local bike track. then thee car just stopped and made this grinding sound. Removed the body then this happened. View attachment 23025
I am using the back end of the pinion to keep the car running. I am taking it easy until I get another one.
Happened to me also but my mesh was a bit lose

I've only seen that clean of a cut once and that was when using a super hard spur against a standard hard bell on my nitro truck. I'd probably see it more, but sharp teeth is something I keep an eye out for and replace before they grind off. Especially now that I run electric. Nitro didn't have near the torque applied that brushless does, so it's something I keep a close eye on. I'd hate to end a bash day because my pinion died on me.

well, I have had this happen when first started. I changed the pinion gear but I didn't know how to mesh back then and the pinion striped. I researched and found out how to mesh the gears together properly.

this pinion is about 6 months old, so maybe it did have some wear, I am getting another one in a weeks time.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back