Anyone has experience with sss motors ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCF041206

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
I have been searching for info in a sss 56104 1400kv (138$ in Amazon). I don't know if it is 8s capable, and how does it compare to a TP 5670 ( . Are this sss motors worth it? As the price seems incredible for what they are. Anybody has had an experience with this motor or sss in general ? Trying to get some info for a very delayed limitless basher build😂😂😂 Sorry if my english isnt the best

It is rated at 45k rpm, 700kv and a 10mm shaft. For that price you can find a better motor. Plus a 10mm shaft makes it harder to find pinions

what motors at that kind of size would you recomend?
And theres more options than the 700kv. Theres a 1400kv motor that is better for the kind of application im going to give it, but if theres better motors at this size (preferably available on amazon, or other sellers that can do international shipping) im open for suggestions. Keep in mind i want to run it on 8s

Last edited:
Not exactly sure who ships to you. But a max 5 56113 would be best bang for the money in my opinion. But you need a motor mount that can accommodate any big motor. They will not just drop in. A max 6 4985 by hobbywing or the castle mmx8s and 1717 will both drop in no problem. If you are looking for top speed go with castle. If you are looking for reliable go with hobbywing

Thanks a Lot for the help. I spotted some sellers on ebay that can ship the tp 5670 1400kv ( 8s capable and sensored ) here to colombia. They can also ship the esc (mamba monster x 8s) and the limitless roller here, and that would complete the things Im Missing, as i already have a servo and receiver. Do you know any “budget” 4s batteries that i can put in this build? Hope i can make this build possible in a short period of time.

Thanks a Lot for the help. I spotted some sellers on ebay that can ship the tp 5670 1400kv ( 8s capable and sensored ) here to colombia. They can also ship the esc (mamba monster x 8s) and the limitless roller here, and that would complete the things Im Missing, as i already have a servo and receiver. Do you know any “budget” 4s batteries that i can put in this build? Hope i can make this build possible in a short period of time.
The TP 5670 is 108mm long, take notice that it will be require to reverse the center diff/motor mount and remove the battery holders and find a different solution to place your batteries. And like Lovestricken already mentioned you will need a m4 motormount to fit a 56mm motor in there.

With this kind of powertrain, budget LiPo's will fall short. You will need beefy 6Ah+ batteries that will have a hard time fitting in the standard limitless body along that beefy motor. Most switch to a GT body in that case.

The TP 5670 is 108mm long, take notice that it will be require to reverse the center diff/motor mount and remove the battery holders and find a different solution to place your batteries. And like Lovestricken already mentioned you will need a m4 motormount to fit a 56mm motor in there.

With this kind of powertrain, budget LiPo's will fall short. You will need beefy 6Ah+ batteries that will have a hard time fitting in the standard limitless body along that beefy motor. Most switch to a GT body in that case.
Yeah he isn't bashing like he stated with that setup. That is a dedicated speed run rig at that point.
You can easily get to the 130mph range with the setups I mentioned earlier. With what you want there are no cheap batteries. I just paid $300 us for batteries to push something like you want.

Thanks for the tips. I am aware that i need to flip the motor mount. Didnt know about the 4mm motor mount ngl. I have seen guys here in the forum running stock open wheel Bodies with Castle 2028s, and they kept one of the stock battery trays and put both of their 4s batteries stacked one on top of another. I have seen great opinions about well performing budget batteries, like the hrb 4s batteries, and there’s plenty of other great options.
Im gonna look into that max 5 setup you mentioned

Last edited:
I have been searching for info in a sss 56104 1400kv (138$ in Amazon). I don't know if it is 8s capable, and how does it compare to a TP 5670 ( . Are this sss motors worth it? As the price seems incredible for what they are. Anybody has had an experience with this motor or sss in general ? Trying to get some info for a very delayed limitless basher build😂😂😂 Sorry if my english isnt the best
Did you go for this motor? 1400 or 1200kv?

When compared to TP Power, SSS is close, but not quite at the same level.
If you were to say that the TP Power motor is running around 90% efficiency then the SSS is likely in the 80-86% range.

SSS does offer good quality for the money, but if you can afford a little more the TP Power setup is better.

For a speed runner I would never recommend a HW esc. Always the Castle XLX2 if it will fit the build and budget.

this is quite an old thread, idk if anyone will be reading this, but i appreciate all the knowledge that is being given to me through this thread. thanks a lot to everyone. sorry for all the delay and all the post. btw, im just a 14 yo trying to do a build with overly expensive and powerful hardware, that is obviously a lot more than whats needed for a build that is just trying to forcedly produce a smile in a confused face by bashing in my 75 meter little runway. ik its a lot more than needed, but with my few years in this planet ive discovered that essential things go away, and that real and strong things and feelings create pain, so why not go with more? at the end, everything is superficial, and my existence isnt super idyllic, so why not go with more? im well off topic here lol. i have upgraded some things. this is the part list: castle 2028 1100kv, castle xlx2, powerhobby 760mg high voltage servo, an extended motor mount for the big motor, a flysky gt5 transmitter with its receiver, and two cnhl 9500mah 4s batteries. now comes what im missing and the questions i have. what is the serial number of the center differential for the infraction ( that im missing )?, will the diff fit with that extended motor mount? will those two batteries fit in the limitless body if i stack them?, what gearing (pinion) should i use if im going for 100mph or a little less with that diff ( and the 1100kv motor )? what charger should i buy for the batteries that have 8mm bullets? ( im thinking in the venom 80w dual charger, but idk if there is an adaptor available for 8mm bullets ) is there any beefed up dog bones like the 8mm titanium ones or the carbon fiber ones in amazon?. i think this is it. sorry for the novel i wrote, i know its very long, but again, thanks everyone for their feed back.

Captura de Pantalla 2021-12-06 a la(s) 11.14.35 p. m..png

venom duo has served me well up to 6s packs👍, (Also not sure on adapter🤔) Can not comment on anything else. Great decision on power plant👌, I’m sure your answers will be along shortly.

I remember someone using that motor mount and having no room left for a pinion next to the motor screws.
Better go for a pps mount.

And if you fancy 100mph why go for a center diff, the limitless spool is the better option. The big gear of the diff in combo with the 1100kv motor will make it hard to get proper topspeed.

well, i was thinking to use the center diff because it would allow the car to have a free tail and it would drift a little better, and be more usable for bashing. do you know if there is any seller in amazon for the pps mount? it would be better if i could buy it from amazon, but if not then i will buy it from another source
are you sure it wont fit with that motor mount?

Last edited:
For drifing a center diff indeed would be better, still you would need a lower than infraction stock toothcount. Or upgrade your F/R diffs with GP5's
I am no amazon expert, but i guess you can only get it from pps (https://practicalproto.com/) directly or other larger RC shops.

The other mount requires a very long motor shaft as the mount is very thick and their are no notches for the motor screws

thanks for the info. im thinking to use the 27 tooth pinion with the 48 tooth diff, idk what speed it would achieve. im also thinking about the batteries. theyre not going to fit, so i will need to go with a gt style body, and i would have to change the bumper and add side skirts, but it would add a lot more of money, plus idk how i would mount the batteries,

27p/48s would give you close to 60mph @8S (70mph with GP5 diffs)

Mounting the batteries requires creativity. A GT body and side skirts will give you a lot more room to do so. The limitless body when using a big motor is rather limited...

i have decided to go with a gt style body. the seven65 body (mclaren) for the limitless. now i have a lot more room to mount the batteries. i have also went with a prodigy 625 duo charger, and carbon fiber side skirts and front air dams. im still firm with the 760mg hv servo, the gt5 transmitter and the xlx2, but idk what motor to go with. theres the obvious option, the 2028, that is 1000kv and 10s capable, so i wouldnt be running on its full potential as i will be running 8s, but theres also the tp power 5670 1515kv, that is 8s capable and has a more suitable kv for the application. it is 50 dollars less, and its lighter, but idk if it would be good for bashing, that is the primary thing i´ll be doing, or if it would go too hot for the application
27p/48s would give you close to 60mph @8S (70mph with GP5 diffs)

Mounting the batteries requires creativity. A GT body and side skirts will give you a lot more room to do so. The limitless body when using a big motor is rather limited...
also, what gearing would i need to go 100mph or a little less with the 1100kv motor and the 1515kv motor ( both running on 8s )

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back