Anyone have a ProLine body crack on first run?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Max Attitude

Reaction score
Landed on the roof hard but not even from a jump. Pretty bummed. Not sure if proline will care or not.

Attachments

• D135421B-9B53-452D-81B6-E5FEF32DBAAE.jpeg
    D135421B-9B53-452D-81B6-E5FEF32DBAAE.jpeg
    439 KB · Views: 150
Every impact is different. I could go 10 runs and land on my roof no problem but all it takes is that one that hits it just right. Unlikely the body was defective but not impossible I guess.

I agree with cl-audio your best bet is to get a Russian body even those with rip or crack

Yeah have to agree... doubt Proline will care. Nature of the beast with our trucks. Those things are brittle. Worse than stock Arrma shells in my experience. Only surviving Proline shell I have is on my MT410. Painted it, then meshed and shoe gooed it before ever running it. Whole process is time consuming but the shell does live on.

It’s a rough hobby and things get smashed at high speeds. Stuff is going to break- often. Just how it is.

This is why you drywall tape/shoe goo corners and weak points on bodies :D Also not fond of Proline bodies. Yeah they look nice, but the lexan they use is actually "too" thick" IMO and cracks easily instead of flexing.

Here's a stock rustler body and a jconcepts body for the same vehicle after reinforcing with the drywall/goo method. You can see the Jconcepts needed not even half as much :D

I put my jconcepts body on my rustler through the wringer, specially on the indoor carpet track with a big 180 wall turn coming off an elevated straight. It's taken literally 4 foot drops off the side at speed, dead on the top of the body and still holding. The cheap ass traxxas shock tower broke in half and no damage on the body at all, :LOL: We'll see how the Jconcepts body on my Talion holds up soon on the new layout we have on the outdoor... the big triple and quad jumps are just begging for breakages in that dept. :D

Man I'm surprised. Ive had a handful of RCs and never had any crack like this. This is also a very heavy and fast truck though. I'll probably just go with a stock body this time... they hold up pretty good.
Yeah have to agree... doubt Proline will care. Nature of the beast with our trucks. Those things are brittle. Worse than stock Arrma shells in my experience. Only surviving Proline shell I have is on my MT410. Painted it, then meshed and shoe gooed it before ever running it. Whole process is time consuming but the shell does live on.

It’s a rough hobby and things get smashed at high speeds. Stuff is going to break- often. Just how it is.

Do you have a brand suggestion for bodies?
This is why you drywall tape/shoe goo corners and weak points on bodies :D Also not fond of Proline bodies. Yeah they look nice, but the lexan they use is actually "too" thick" IMO and cracks easily instead of flexing.

Here's a stock rustler body and a jconcepts body for the same vehicle after reinforcing with the drywall/goo method. You can see the Jconcepts needed not even half as much :D

View attachment 39457

View attachment 39458

I was planning on that. Went on a trip and just got the truck back together for it... Didn't hit any jumps so thought it'd be ok.....wrong.

People sayong don't run proline bodies cause they crack.. who else makes a good selection of bodies that are recomended. The body i just finished cracked on the lower corners, mostly my fault though.

People sayong don't run proline bodies cause they crack.. who else makes a good selection of bodies that are recomended. The body i just finished cracked on the lower corners, mostly my fault though.
I like jconcepts. The two I have from them are tough as nails.

I like jconcepts. The two I have from them are tough as nails.
I have the Jconcepts 82 GMC MERV body for my LC Racing truggy it took a long long time before it started to crack, every Proline body I have ever bought cracked on the first run.

I have the Jconcepts 82 GMC MERV body for my LC Racing truggy it took a long long time before it started to crack, every Proline body I have ever bought cracked on the first run.
It’s kind of strange. The proline plastic feels thicker and heavier, the Jconcepts is super thin and glossy yet so flexible and strong. It buckles instead of breaks.

This Xmaxx Ford raptor body cracked if you sneezed too close to it, even had 5 tubes of shoe goo and fiberglass with styrene chassis reinforcement. Somehow nursed it along 6 months and was “free” but never again Proline for bashing. 😂

662DFF60-A88D-4AD2-9D81-EAB4F34D12C5.jpeg

83D08F5D-42F4-492E-AD78-90770589A39E.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back