Senton Anyone have a Senton and a Nero?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gLippa

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
The reason Im asking.. is I have the 200BLX(motor and esc) system now for my Senton. Ive mounted the motor, but the motor feels like it has WAY stronger magnets than the Senton, and makes a much louder noise when I push it along the ground. I still need to solder xt90's to my Lipos and install the ESC, but since I've taken the motor off and on three times now Im just going to leave it to make sure everything else works. I thought it might be the 20 tooth pinion I had on there causing the problem, so I switched it back to the 16 tooth, but still makes the same noise. Should I try using the Nero pinions? Any kind of suggestions would be appreciated.

The reason Im asking.. is I have the 200BLX(motor and esc) system now for my Senton. Ive mounted the motor, but the motor feels like it has WAY stronger magnets than the Senton, and makes a much louder noise when I push it along the ground. I still need to solder xt90's to my Lipos and install the ESC, but since I've taken the motor off and on three times now Im just going to leave it to make sure everything else works. I thought it might be the 20 tooth pinion I had on there causing the problem, so I switched it back to the 16 tooth, but still makes the same noise. Should I try using the Nero pinions? Any kind of suggestions would be appreciated.

yes...I believe the motor is different on the 200 system...so that magnet could in fact be stronger...could be more poles if it's longer than the 185 system...

as for louder noise...vid would be nice...but yeah...you may be hearing all the drive train noise..slack in the gears slamming back and forth as the rotor in the motor moves past the poles. ..my Nero seems to be louder than my outcast...

bench test first slowly...see if you hear anything unusual. ..share vids and maybe we can figure out more...good job by the way...should be awesome. ..

All right well, Ive got everything set up and the Senton is running. Gonna charge my two 3s batteries tomorrow and see what this thing can do. Im just not used to the sound of the new motor and don't really like it, but now theres no more delay on the throttle, and hopefully there won't be any more shutting off while running like I was getting with the BLX180. I'm going to send in that esc and see what Arrma says, hopefully ge tthe BLX185 as a back up. I put the anti-spark xt90s on my lipos and already like those connectors. Pretty excited to see how fast this thing can go now.

Not sure what noise your talking about.could you post a video? RC vehicles make noises that are normal so for us to tell you if it's normal or not we would need to hear it..I mean it's like you asking a blind person if they saw something.we need to go by something (vid) with good audio .we would love to help ya bud just give us something to go with👍🤟

Different motors make different amounts of noise. My Castle 1721 where you can spin the shaft easily with your fingers rolls along nearly silently whereas my TP 5680, which is impossible to turn by hand without a pinion on the shaft, makes more of a ka-chunk ka-chunk sound. Perfectly normal.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back