anyone have a spektrum dx6r transmitter - questions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joostin420

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fazon
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Outcast 6s
  5. Outcast 8s
  6. Senton 6s
  7. Typhon 6s
I just go one and returned the first because I thought there was a problem with it, but the 2nd NIB unit has the same problems (android related).

issue #1
goto settings - about tablet - additional system updates

craps out with error: "unfortunately, settings has stopped."

issue #2
goto play store

start typing normal speed and craps out with error: "unfortunately, google play store has stopped."

1. I have added to wifi
2. I have added my gmail account but no credit card info
3. I have updated raceware (I had to type super fast and hit search)

is android os on this device locked to shipped ver.5.1.1? I don't personally have android devices I am an ios person.

I contact spectrum support and spoke to someone and they are supposed to get back to me. they could replicate the first issue, but not the second.

thanx,

justin

Support person I dealt with “thinks” I was right that android os on this device is locked to shipped ver.5.1.1.

I don’t plan on using it for anything else really besides a transmitter with the raceware, but it should still function stable using android os... especially for the price.

Last edited:
I don’t race, but I did want the functionality and GUI.

I just bought when I was doing that build dx5r and I like it dx6r is really nice to hopefully it got fixed

Do not buy it. If you search for dx6r problems you will find plenty of users with problems.

My issues with mine are -

Plastic housing seems flimsy compared to my dx4c and dx4s

No rubber grip on front part of handle, dx4c and dx4s have rubber grips front and back.

I only downloaded 2 apps but somehow the os system occasionally does an error screen which a box with message pops up every second. I called horizon hobby about it and they just told me to keep x-ing it out and enter app store to force exit the app.

Battery life isnt too good. Dies with power off within a week. Must monitor the batt life to make sure the controller isnt completely dead.

Do not buy it. If you search for dx6r problems you will find plenty of users with problems.

My issues with mine are -

Plastic housing seems flimsy compared to my dx4c and dx4s

No rubber grip on front part of handle, dx4c and dx4s have rubber grips front and back.

I only downloaded 2 apps but somehow the os system occasionally does an error screen which a box with message pops up every second. I called horizon hobby about it and they just told me to keep x-ing it out and enter app store to force exit the app.

Battery life isnt too good. Dies with power off within a week. Must monitor the batt life to make sure the controller isnt completely dead.
Thanks for that information

I really like this transmitter and have been using it since the end of April. I don’t even use a lot of the features, but it is fast like lightning response, and easy to use. I guess there is a kewl factor when people come up and ask about it and show off all the screens :cool:

C965E997-F12E-4283-8073-0CD9F9E1DBD6.jpeg

Has anyone had a problem with their dx6r screen going blank. Mine went blank and now I have no screen. Thank you

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back