Outcast Anyone have a strong knowledge of Ebay?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dk3000

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Typhon 3s
  4. Typhon 6s
  5. Voltage
Just found a listing for a Outcast exb for 199.00 on ebay. Seems wayyyyyyy to good to be true. Anyone familiar with ebay enough would you be able to tell a scam? I will link it no problem but don't want to spread something that could be fake. The seller has not sold much but has sold and has some odd other items listed for sale. Thoughts?

Just found a listing for a Outcast exb for 199.00 on ebay. Seems wayyyyyyy to good to be true. Anyone familiar with ebay enough would you be able to tell a scam? I will link it no problem but don't want to spread something that could be fake. The seller has not sold much but has sold and has some odd other items listed for sale. Thoughts?
If your talking about the one thats coming from Kirindiwela, Sri Lanka then no, I'd do a hard pass on that. Not only is the price to good to be true but even if they did ship you out something you can probably guarantee that its not gonna be the item you paid for.. Oh yeah I'm sure that Arrma rc's aren't made in Country/Region of Manufacture: Togo. Thats Africa, and the fact they have it in the description as ARRMA but they have it as Unbranded in several other places in the description.

Last edited:
If it looks like one and smells like one....
If they have less then say 2000 items sold and don't have 100% positive reviews I'd stay away.

What @Warby said. If you're buying something within your state or region, and if the item is smaller price, I'd be willing to take more of a gamble on getting the item.

If it's expensive and/or shipping from far away, I make sure the seller has AT LEAST 1,000 or more reviews from people and the high majority of them are positive. If they are in the 10,000+ range, even better. Businesses like those are usually really interested in maintaining good customer relations and good ratings, so they are extremely unlikely to dupe people. Also if they have a higher number of sold items for what you're looking at, that gives me good confidence as well.

Yeah that one you're looking at is a scaaaammm.

I've been buying and selling on ebay for over 10 years and ive been scammed 5 times.the last time I was scammed was a few months back when I saw random seller selling a bran new out cast 6s for $200.00 I looked at the sellers listings and saw just a few toys and he had 5 reviews 4 we're positive and 1 negative.the negative review stated that seller never sent item and still waiting.seller was from somewhere in China the seller was a normal individual just selling random things .not like he had a store or a manufacturer.photos of the out cast were like a copy and paste type of deal .not like photos taken at home .I sent the seller a question asking why the price was so low.he got back to me quickly saying he needed to sell fast so I sent him a offer of $100.00 and I said to plz accept .I leid a little and said I couldn't afford any more than that and I was looking for a toy truck for my son's birthday.lol he got back very fast and accepted.so I payed 100.00 free shipping with my PayPal account..which I suggest everyone do because not only are you protected by eBay 100 percent money back but PayPal does not share your bank info to the seller and they also guarantee your money back so I bought it.ok so after a few days I noticed it was not shipped yet .sent a question asking where was my tracking #.after 3 days later he gave me one ..from a carrier named yawhen .I tryed to track it and said not available.sent the seller a message asking where was my truck.got no answer.this went on for about 2 weeks and never got any response .I knew something was to good to be true right from the start when he accepted my offer ik how much they go for and I said fk it cause I knew I was protected.long story short.i put a claim against him through eBay help service .you can only ask eBay to step in and help only when it's past the delivery date.it was over a month so eBay tryed to contact the seller and obviously got no response and finally eBay stepped in and refunded me back my money..if you have a issue with any seller you must first before asking for help from eBay send a message to the seller asking to fix the problem.then only if you are not satisfied will eBay step in .in my case it was a win win situation.either I got the truck worth 600 for 100 or I get my money back.i didn't loose nothing.money was back in my account in 2 days..eBay is awesome.if something looks to be to good to be true most likely it is.other times you get lucky.hint hint if you buy parts from china if your not happy with the item 90 percent of the times seller offers half refund.😆🤟I barely ever pay full price from china lol.great people thx to all the refunds I've gotten.they rather give you something almost free than get a bad review..they live off of great reviews..if a seller has a certain amount of bad reviews they get removed from selling privileges..just some good advice from experience 🤟😆👍good to all of you and if you get scammed on eBay have no fear you'll be ok and your money is guaranteed back.just be patient.
Ok so I actually went back to my purchases and noticed I payed 160.00 sorry about saying I payed 100. Either way money back in my pocket.
Negative reviews..check them before buying
Any one else with scam story's?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220925-121233.png
    Screenshot_20220925-121233.png
    197.7 KB · Views: 42
  • Screenshot_20220925-121657.png
    Screenshot_20220925-121657.png
    227.6 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

Is it just for the original box and parts&bits?

Like all the members have stated, it's just too good a deal.. You should avoid.
Unless you are a big risk taker and have time to burn, then give it a go and let us know what shows up.

That's the one. Maybe there is a way of reporting that seller to ebay based on what is obviously going to happen.
Nope don't bother with that option.ebay won't step in untill after delivery date.then after contacting seller and get no help from them then you ask eBay to step in.been there done that lol

No way was I thinking of buying it. Just wanted to share and get some thoughts with the hope someone that has knowledge of how these guys operate will share.
@King blitz thanks for sharing your experience. Exactly what my thoughts were. Plus always use a reputable credit card for any purchase online as they have better fraud help than any bank.

No way was I thinking of buying it. Just wanted to share and get some thoughts with the hope someone that has knowledge of how these guys operate will share.
@King blitz thanks for sharing your experience. Exactly what my thoughts were. Plus always use a reputable credit card for any purchase online as they have better fraud help than any bank.
What @King blitz said, it's ways better to use PayPal for any ebay purchases. One extra step in protection to your actual bank account. Then the seller doesn't have your credit card info either.

Currently FS racing is the manufacturer in China that makes arrma and axial .yes your arrma is chinese.i would be more proud to be a arrma owner if it was made in the u.s.a but it's not.only because a lot of products from china are just bad quality .but I must say that I'm impressed with arrma product's because if I wasn't then I wouldn't be on here.
Thank you
Currently FS racing is the manufacturer in China that makes arrma and axial .yes your arrma is chinese.i would be more proud to be a arrma owner if it was made in the u.s.a but it's not.only because a lot of products from china are just bad quality .but I must say that I'm impressed with arrma product's because if I wasn't then I wouldn't be on here.

Thank you
Honestly I really don't care where arrma RC vehicles are made as long as they keep making great quality durable machines..👍😆🤟I do wish arrma would offer more different kind of wheels with different colors..I see way to much black rims.seems like dboots needs to make some nice red or lime green or white rims..sure we can get them from other companies but it would be nice to have that option

Last edited:
Ebay is very good at protecting the buyer. I think they ran into a bunch of scams early on reworked the policy to super protect buyers from this stuff. Be smart....anything overseas is a no go for me unless small parts or electronics. Buying from people in the states even if they don't have a ton of reviews is still ok in my book. I know ebay will stand by the buyers when push comes to shove. Much like the story above.

I've been buying and selling on ebay for over 10 years and ive been scammed 5 times.the last time I was scammed was a few months back when I saw random seller selling a bran new out cast 6s for $200.00 I looked at the sellers listings and saw just a few toys and he had 5 reviews 4 we're positive and 1 negative.the negative review stated that seller never sent item and still waiting.seller was from somewhere in China the seller was a normal individual just selling random things .not like he had a store or a manufacturer.photos of the out cast were like a copy and paste type of deal .not like photos taken at home .I sent the seller a question asking why the price was so low.he got back to me quickly saying he needed to sell fast so I sent him a offer of $100.00 and I said to plz accept .I leid a little and said I couldn't afford any more than that and I was looking for a toy truck for my son's birthday.lol he got back very fast and accepted.so I payed 100.00 free shipping with my PayPal account..which I suggest everyone do because not only are you protected by eBay 100 percent money back but PayPal does not share your bank info to the seller and they also guarantee your money back so I bought it.ok so after a few days I noticed it was not shipped yet .sent a question asking where was my tracking #.after 3 days later he gave me one ..from a carrier named yawhen .I tryed to track it and said not available.sent the seller a message asking where was my truck.got no answer.this went on for about 2 weeks and never got any response .I knew something was to good to be true right from the start when he accepted my offer ik how much they go for and I said fk it cause I knew I was protected.long story short.i put a claim against him through eBay help service .you can only ask eBay to step in and help only when it's past the delivery date.it was over a month so eBay tryed to contact the seller and obviously got no response and finally eBay stepped in and refunded me back my money..if you have a issue with any seller you must first before asking for help from eBay send a message to the seller asking to fix the problem.then only if you are not satisfied will eBay step in .in my case it was a win win situation.either I got the truck worth 600 for 100 or I get my money back.i didn't loose nothing.money was back in my account in 2 days..eBay is awesome.if something looks to be to good to be true most likely it is.other times you get lucky.hint hint if you buy parts from china if your not happy with the item 90 percent of the times seller offers half refund.😆🤟I barely ever pay full price from china lol.great people thx to all the refunds I've gotten.they rather give you something almost free than get a bad review..they live off of great reviews..if a seller has a certain amount of bad reviews they get removed from selling privileges..just some good advice from experience 🤟😆👍good to all of you and if you get scammed on eBay have no fear you'll be ok and your money is guaranteed back.just be patient.
Ok so I actually went back to my purchases and noticed I payed 160.00 sorry about saying I payed 100. Either way money back in my pocket.
Negative reviews..check them before buying
Any one else with scam story's?

Dude you encouraged that scum bag to continue doing what he's doing. Yes you got refunded, but he also got paid. Weak sauce.

Dude you encouraged that scum bag to continue doing what he's doing. Yes you got refunded, but he also got paid. Weak sauce.
Weak sauce??? The most he got was 40 dollars as I entered a 4 way payment plan and I never got to the 2nd payment.scammers will allways be out there .

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back