Kraton Anyone have a Vitavon steering rack with servo saver?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dk3000

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Typhon 3s
  4. Typhon 6s
  5. Voltage
Kraton exb

So I hope I'm doing something wrong but my servo saver is not working. I am not all that familiar with servo savers so need some advice.
I have the adjustable Vitavon steering rack that includes the servo saver. The problem is it just opens instead of turning the wheels while on surface/ and driving. This video shows it stationary but same thing is happening in motion. I've adjusted it fully both ways and same thing. Thoughts?

I have one, did you lube/grease the friction surfaces? Id suggest cleaning and running it dry. Mine was super loose when lubed. Also tighten the spring tension (not too much you still want it to compress and save) and use loctite on the adjuster threads.

I have one, did you lube/grease the friction surfaces? Id suggest cleaning and running it dry. Mine was super loose when lubed. Also tighten the spring tension (not too much you still want it to compress and save) and use loctite on the adjuster threads.
I never lubed or greased it so it is in theory dry. And on the tension I have went loose (assuming that is turning the adjustment collar down towards the chassis) all the way, middle and even full tight and it is not turning the tires. And what do u mean loctite the adjuster threads? Not sure which ones you are referring to.

Hmm if you tightened it all the way and its still loose im not sure what it could be. Did you tighten the rack on the car? If so it may seem maxed out but it actually isnt as its difficult to access.

This is the adjuster below, it can loosen and come undone rather quickly when driving. Before I installed mine I unscrewed it and added red loctite to the tube threads and then set the spring tension - all while off the car.

1661488558506.png

@djsarma
What servo are you running?
I am going to remove the front end and try and see what's up. My guess at this point sucks and it's that the vitavon spring is weak
I’ve built a couple cars with the vitavon steering racks. They are always on point.. I cannot see what your part stack up is, perhaps they sent it with the wrong spring or it was assembled incorrectly somehow.

It’s definitely not doing what it’s supposed to be.. something ain’t right.. 🤔

Any thoughts on how I can test it out? I am so bummed as I thought a quick epa and build complete but nope.
Is the adjustable nut on the bottom upside down? I cannot really tell from the video.. maybe post a close up picture of the servo saver so we can get a closer look

@djsarma
What servo are you running?
I am going to remove the front end and try and see what's up. My guess at this point sucks and it's that the vitavon spring is weak
Powerhobby 729mbl. Once you remove the assembly you can unscrew the adjuster nut to remove the spring, if you can easily compress it with your fingers thats probably the cause.

That thing needs way more tightening. Looks like the nut is on correct but the servo saver is completely loose. Tighten that bad boy up and it should be good to go. Unfortunately. Now that this is all installed and together that nut is almost impossible to tighten as much as you need it to. It’s much easier when it’s out on the bench. But that’s what needs done.

To give an updated I had to remove the Vitavon steering rack and tighten the spring twice before getting it right and allowing the truck to turn normally.
Not sure why the design has it so I the collar has to be that tight. Is it due to having such a strong servo? Or just needs a better spring? And since it's impossible to adjust while on the car I can't try it at different tightness. It is very strong and a thing of beauty but damm the headaches it caused (user error mostly).

To give an updated I had to remove the Vitavon steering rack and tighten the spring twice before getting it right and allowing the truck to turn normally.
Not sure why the design has it so I the collar has to be that tight. Is it due to having such a strong servo? Or just needs a better spring? And since it's impossible to adjust while on the car I can't try it at different tightness. It is very strong and a thing of beauty but damm the headaches it caused (user error mostly).
When I did mine, I tightened it as tight as I could get it by hand and then turned it back 1-2 revolutions. Worked great. I’m not so sure why it has to be so tight to work well.. maybe they do need a stiffer spring 🤔.. shoot em a message and ask em? I’m curious too!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back