Outcast anyone have any experiences with this style ramp?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i JUST pull out my two Ten Eighty Launch ramps that I have customized with a 2/4 to keep it in place!
I am getting anywhere from about 10ft to 20 ft in distance AND about 6-8 ft in height on my launches with is plenty for my v3 6s KRATON. What I really like about these mini ramps is you can bring them anywhere with you when you #BASH

1570387395932.png

Last edited:

Attachments

• 1570393039898.png
    1570393039898.png
    186.5 KB · Views: 35
I see the plastic ramps often on Craigslist for just a few dollars. Mine are called “ten eighty” and can be stacked together for storage. If you have four you put two on top of the other two slide the top two forward and block up the front. Gives for a pretty good kicker that won’t hurt your back.

I completely agree, I have an old ten eighty and I love it but it's just not wide enough. I've been looking for a second one and it looks like they don't make the real launch ramp anymore (with that nice curved slope). I've been checking craigslist and Facebook along with asking around for one. no luck yet.

It's good for up to 6,000 lbs! Need it for the Arrma 1/5 scale!
Only if you use a JBI chassis??
Also here's my two way kicker ramp I built from scrap wood. Notorious for scale?
IMG_20191006_133008-02.jpeg

That back slope is a fun feature. You can just give it a little punch, pull a backflip, and land on the frontside of the ramp. Not huge, used to be much bigger, but was a TRX killer?

20191006_133114-01.jpeg

Just a bunch of weird screws and 2x4s, the extra piece of 2x6 at the bottom reinforced that initial hit when hitting at speed. Basically solid wood down to the floor for the initial load. Only thing I was gonna do was put 2x4s along the return side going down the sides. But didn't think it would last as long as it has. But for nothing but a wheelbarrow of wood taken from the new construction house in my neighborhood (yes I asked), it has proven to be a nice addition to my side yard. Big enough to pull a backflip, maybe a front, over 20' easy of jump length, and doesn't go so high that you're breaking stuff, even with solid landings.

Last edited:
Thank you for the input guys. I've still been looking around and cant find to much. I really don't want to spend that much and found a "heavy duty" rc ramp on thier site as well. It looks better than the light one I posted above. But for the people talking about the price I agree it is alot for a ramp.

The thing is I need something light and the ramp I have I probably will reinforce it's just a little to heavy for me now. I probably should mention I have a bad knee and lifting while walking can be something of a challenge with something big. So I also have to keep that in mind.

I honestly might take a trip to home depot and see if I can get any inspiration for a new ramp.
Although not perfect, these little plastic skateboard ramps have come in handy for light to moderate jumping. As you can see, I've modified them to be a little higher as well as added thin plastic to the top to create a wider surface . You can also see the handles I incorporated to make them a little easier to handle.
20190515_214524.jpg
20190515_214538.jpg

You can also see the handles I incorporated to make them a little easier to handle.
Good job with the word play!

I like those, but lacking a truck and a car I don't care about the back seat in, I'm stuck finding things to jump that already exist. When I used to drive grand marquis, I was able to use 2x4' V style ramps with a hinge at the top and rope controlling the angle at the bottom. With a couple of those, some creative use of a block in the middle and more rope, it would still give you a kicker style ramp and be relatively portable. I never went that far with them though, just used them as an upside down V.

I don't have any good photo's of them, just a screen grab from some really old footage from 2004 from a horrible camera I was using at the time:
2004-1106-XTMSavageOmegaSavageRampsSide.jpg

A couple of those side by side and you had a decent transition from ground to ramp and a 4' wide target that you could hit from both directions.

Although not perfect, these little plastic skateboard ramps have come in handy for light to moderate jumping. As you can see, I've modified them to be a little higher as well as added thin plastic to the top to create a wider surface . You can also see the handles I incorporated to make them a little easier to handle.View attachment 50108View attachment 50109

I think I may just copy this idea until I get the time to build something. What kind of plastic did you use for the tops, like if I went into home depot what section should I look in. And what type of screw and nut would I I need. It seems simple enough and I know I have the tools to get it done. I should have the time tomorrow to get it done.

I think I may just copy this idea until I get the time to build something. What kind of plastic did you use for the tops, like if I went into home depot what section should I look in. And what type of screw and nut would I I need. It seems simple enough and I know I have the tools to get it done. I should have the time tomorrow to get it done.
Its not something I found at a hardware store. I googled plastic in my city and found a company that sells by the sheet. This was an off cut. It's the same material they make fake ice out of for hockey players to practice shooting, but is smooth on one side and rough on the other. Sorry I don't remember the type, but definitely not plexiglas. I used carriage bolts because they are round on top. 1/4" was plenty, length depends o what you attach it to. Each ramp has a sheet of 1/4" plywood first, then plastic on top. If you want more kick at the top, just add 1" strips of wood. You want more height, just add 2 x 4's to the bottom

Attachments

• 20190805_114607.jpg
    20190805_114607.jpg
    691.3 KB · Views: 48
  • 20190805_114556.jpg
    20190805_114556.jpg
    483.5 KB · Views: 43
If you want something bigger just build it yourself they are super simple to build..Plus, then you can customize it how every you would like it.
This was my first Launch ramp that I built and man if you hit this ramp at any speed and it launches you big time!! If you launch your rig off this quarter pipe you better have your @JUST BASH IT! - Shock Towers on or else THEY ARE going to bend!!! lol

My Launch Ramp.jpeg

If you want something bigger just build it yourself they are super simple to build..Plus, then you can customize it how every you would like it.
This was my first Launch ramp that I built and man if you hit this ramp at any speed and it launches you big time!! If you launch your rig off this quarter pipe you better have your @JUST BASH IT! - Shock Towers on or else THEY ARE going to bend!!! lol

View attachment 50188
If you land properly the stock shock towers wont bend on that jump. I've sent mine off more extreme jumps than that without issue ???

If you land properly the stock shock towers wont bend on that jump. I've sent mine off more extreme jumps than that without issue ???
I'm 50/50 on roof landings. 50% I land on the left side roof and 50% on the right. Either way, mostly roof landings ?

I'm 50/50 on roof landings. 50% I land on the left side roof and 50% on the right. Either way, mostly roof landings ?
Thats exactly how you will bend your stock #ARRMA shock towers my friends by landing on the roof!
If you don't land on all 4 you will bend your ARRMA shock towers for those who haven't made the upgrade to the Just Bash it towers that are off the chain!

Anyways, I am going to be building another Quarter Pipe / Launch Ramp for my rigs this weekend.. This time I am going to make my transactions a little like Rich8692 did on w/ his ramp!

Last edited:
Thats exactly how you will bend your stock #ARRMA shock towers my friends by landing on the roof!
If you don't land on all 4 you will bend your ARRMA shock towers for those who haven't made the upgrade to the Just Bash it towers that are off the chain!
Do you want to tell him @bicketybam or should I?

Anyways, I am going to be building another Quarter Pipe / Launch Ramp for my rigs this weekend.. This time I am going to make my transactions a little like Rich8692 did on w/ his ramp!
I'll have spare set of Talion JBI towers that I'll sell dirt cheap once I get my M2C Talion Towers. Either than or I'll throw them away ?

Is it the weight of them?
No. He thinks once you switch to JBIRC that bent towers is a thing of the past. I beg to differ. Nothing against Just Bash It, but the 8mm 6061's didn't pass the NJ tests. I think that now that everyone is on board with 7075 6mm, things are moving forward. I'll know soon enough.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back