Outcast anyone have any experiences with this style ramp?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No. He thinks once you switch to JBIRC that bent towers is a thing of the past. I beg to differ. Nothing against Just Bash It, but the 8mm 6061's didn't pass the NJ tests. I think that now that everyone is on board with 7075 6mm, things are moving forward. I'll know soon enough.
Yeah I wouldn’t buy anything but 7075 if I needed towers. I would want something as light as possible tho

I have the discount ramps and before I bought them at 2 for $100 shipped, I built one with 40º transition. I wish more than anything that Discount Ramps would come back in stock. I can't haul the wood around because it's too wide to fit in the back of my f150. This wood one though launches quite well. Cost me $70 total.

1570495843114.png

1570495868965.png

No. He thinks once you switch to JBIRC that bent towers is a thing of the past. I beg to differ. Nothing against Just Bash It, but the 8mm 's didn't pass the NJ tests. I think that now that everyone is on board with 7075 6mm, things are moving forward. I'll know soon enough.

@Notorious J - i run on my rig the 6mm and I love them! The only way i found this company was b/c I was getting sick and tired of waiting around on Voltage Hobbies to get in there Shock Towers back in stock that are also made out of 7075! Wait until you install of these from Just Bash It b/c I think you will really like them.

FYI - People who don't know the difference between the two Aluminums - 7075 vs 6061's
As for its detailed characteristics, 7075 Aluminum (T651) features a tensile strength of 83,000 psi, with a yield point of 74,000 psi. The Brinell hardness is rated at 150, with the elongation at break being 10% But the difference is how much is contained in each. Specifically, 6061 aluminum contains less zinc than 7075. Meaning that while 6061 alloys provide superior welding abilities and workability, it doesn't boast the same high strength and stress resistance as 7075.

@Notorious J - i run on my rig the 6mm and I love them! The only way i found this company was b/c I was getting sick and tired of waiting around on Voltage Hobbies to get in there Shock Towers back in stock that are also made out of 7075! Wait until you install of these from Just Bash It b/c I think you will really like them.

FYI - People who don't know the difference between the two Aluminums - 7075 vs 6061's
As for its detailed characteristics, 7075 Aluminum (T651) features a tensile strength of 83,000 psi, with a yield point of 74,000 psi. The Brinell hardness is rated at 150, with the elongation at break being 10% But the difference is how much is contained in each. Specifically, 6061 aluminum contains less zinc than 7075. Meaning that while 6061 alloys provide superior welding abilities and workability, it doesn't boast the same high strength and stress resistance as 7075.
I can’t believe you typed all of that out. What an explanation! ??

Do they make Shock Towers for the #Granite #BLX 3s that is made out of 7075 vs 6061?
No and I wouldn’t want them if they did. The idea behind the 3S and 4S rigs is to keep them light and nimble. If you want aluminum step up to a 6S rig. I’ve only broke shock towers twice on my 3S/4S rigs and I can’t drive for sh!t. They take a lot of abuse as is.

@jondilly1974 - I KNOW MY #GRANITE #blx is in pcs b/c I busted the shock tower and I haven't got around to install the new one yet.
I guess I’m fortunate to have a lot of 3S parts on hand and a tower swap is a 5 min job.

I have the discount ramps and before I bought them at 2 for $100 shipped, I built one with 40º transition. I wish more than anything that Discount Ramps would come back in stock. I can't haul the wood around because it's too wide to fit in the back of my f150. This wood one though launches quite well. Cost me $70 total.

View attachment 50225
View attachment 50226
$24.00

Attachments

• IMG_2200.JPG
    IMG_2200.JPG
    539.8 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_2205.JPG
    IMG_2205.JPG
    382.2 KB · Views: 65
I don't like my ramps killing the grass or blind takeoffs or landings, so I built an adjustable one out of expanded metal and steel that was semitransparent

41lbs total weight
Adjustable from 35 to 90 degree departure angle

IMG_8359.JPG
IMG_8361.JPG
IMG_8503.JPG
IMG_8564.JPG
IMG_8727.PNG
IMG_8814.PNG
IMG_0672.JPG
IMG_0792.JPG

I don't like my ramps killing the grass or blind takeoffs or landings, so I built an adjustable one out of expanded metal and steel that was semitransparent

41lbs total weight
Adjustable from 35 to 90 degree departure angle

I really wish I had the skills to build something like this. That thing looks crazy! I did grab some plastic from my work so I'm going to just bolt them to the ramp to make it a little wider and throw a inch of wood under the top of the lip to give it more pop as suggested.

I'll post pictures of my Frankenstein ramp when its finished. Probably wont be for a couple more days. But I'm loving all these ramp ideas. Some real creative and talented people in this group.

That ramp is fantastic. And in fact- looks like it could be made in panels with slide pins for disassembly. Love it.

I have that ramp. Hard enough to hit on a dirtbike- really hard with an rc car on a somewhat bumpy lawn. Yea- if you get 2 you can put them side by side which would be MUCH better.

you don't need a $600 ramp for an rc car. it cost like $80 to build a nice kicker... skil saw, jig saw, screw gun, pencil

you don't need a $600 ramp for an rc car. it cost like $80 to build a nice kicker... skil saw, jig saw, screw gun, pencil

Yea I know. I have dirtbikes.

And having grown up skating- I have built many many wood ramps from launch ramps, quarter, half....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back