Outcast anyone have any experiences with this style ramp?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice ramp.(y)(y)
I seen prebuilt ramps for as high as $400. That's just ludicrous. Actually an insult to any consumer. But there must be people buying these I guess.:unsure: Building a ramp may be hard for some. I can build one. And I am far from a carpenter, although I have the tools. Its worth the try because I will never spend stupid money on ramps. Quarter pipe ramp designs are best for RC Big air rotation. IMO.
@bicketybam has built some nicely angled ramps also.(y) I think his 8s got the best of one of them.:LOL: An easy fix.(y)

Nice ramp.(y)(y)
I seen prebuilt ramps for as high as $400. That's just ludicrous. Actually an insult to any consumer. But there must be people buying these I guess.:unsure: Building a ramp may be hard for some. I can build one. And I am far from a carpenter, although I have the tools. Its worth the try because I will never spend stupid money on ramps. Quarter pipe ramp designs are best for RC Big air rotation. IMO.
@bicketybam has built some nicely angled ramps also.(y) I think his 8s got the best of one of them.:LOL: An easy fix.(y)
It snacked on it ?

*** BEWARE *** OF THE TBONE RACING AIR TIME RAMPS #ARRMAFAMILY ** I know a friend that went out and bought the #Tbone Air ramp for $249.00 and on his 3rd jump with his 6s KRATON the ramp legs were all Tweaked out! If you look at them you would think for $249.00 dollars that they would make them a little more solid especially if they are advertising them for 6s rigs..

*** Don't get me wrong T-Bone racing makes some of the best Bumpers on the planet but their ramps are more built for 1/10 scales not 1/8 scales **
If they would have taken their time a little more, I think they could have manufactured a lot better quality ramp in my opinion.
Screen Shot 2021-01-05 at 7.41.36 AM.png

Here is a short vid of @jkflow & I doing some ramp bashing last weekend w/ my ramp!

Last edited:
Definitely not a ramp for 1/8 scale or larger. Bends easily out of the box.
Re-inforced it myself but still failed on the part I missed. Working on that now.
Shouldn't be advertised as 1/8th capable. This is light bashing and not even hitting it sideways etc.
I'm sure in the picture below it failed due to my mod but it would have failed higher up regardless.

Initial out of of box damage visible after 4 simple jumps with a Kraton, below is ~ 20 jumps with Kraton/Outcast.
Alu frame is simply not strong enough.

20210102_113807.jpg

*** BEWARE *** OF THE TBONE RACING AIR TIME RAMPS #ARRMAFAMILY ** I know a friend that went out and bought the #Tbone Air ramp for $249.00 and on his 3rd jump with his 6s KRATON the ramp legs were all Tweaked out! If you look at them you would think for $249.00 dollars that they would make them a little more solid especially if they are advertising them for 6s rigs..

*** Don't get me wrong T-Bone racing makes some of the best Bumpers on the planet but their ramps are more built for 1/10 scales not 1/8 scales **
If they would have taken their time a little more, I think they could have manufactured a lot better quality ramp in my opinion.
View attachment 117925

Here is a short vid of @jkflow & I doing some ramp bashing last weekend w/ my ramp!
I haven't had one issue with my ramp, and all i do is send 8th or 7th scale rigs off of it. Even my friends send their Xmaxx and Kraton 8s off of it with no issues. Just gotta make sure to put some sort of weight (i use sandbags) on the left, right and front of the ramp for stability.

Might want to take a close look at how it bends both on the bottom and top. There is no way it stays straight or there is a difference in production runs.
Mine started to bend after 4 'easy' jumps with a Kraton and was getting worse. I stopped after ~ 8 before it became to bad to keep it in good order. I re-inforced it myself. This alu frame will not hold up.
I still use it now and hopefully, with my latest support, I won't have any additional issues. I do like the portability of it.
Out of the box it's good for 1/10th scale.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back