Anyone have any warranty claim issues with HH lately?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Camaroboy383

Invention is the mother of necessity!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Felony
  3. Outcast 4s
  4. Outcast 6s
  5. Outcast 8s
  6. Typhon 3s
  7. Typhon 6s
I know the world is a little crazy out there still, but geesh!.. my buddy bought a k4s less than a month ago.. long story short, typical radio issues, 3rd pack it launches on it's own and locks into a fence.. slipper proceeds to melt everything.. from the motor back..

Tried to put through a warranty claim for him on the less than month old rig, and they say to send the whole rig back for inspection? And possibly a month or more wait..

This sounded strange to me, so anyone else had that issue lately?

Send it back. There are so many issues with the rig that HH wants to look at it and perhaps fix it or replace it. This is normal IMHO. Why hesitate??? Ship it back. I shipped a 5 month old Notorious back due to an ESC fire that destroyed the rig, body and all. They fixed all and sent it back with close to $200. in new parts repaired and some extra spare parts too. The Noto was on B/O back then so they rebuilt it for me , test ran it on 6S and the tech who did the work even called me to say what he did.. 3 week turnaround and they paid shipping both ways also. With the world changes as of late, just need to be more patient. 2 year warranty has you covered. The issues encountered are not new and common place with the K 4S. :cool:

Last edited:
I’m going on more than two weeks of a downed rig thanks to HH warranty dept. “waiting for parts” Is the status.

You are not alone? 99% of RC stuff is from China and Taiwan and Pan Asian. doesn't matter the brand RC. HH may just send you a new one if parts are on B/O.
What do you think is the better solution? Do you have any better suggestions?? I don't think there are better options. Being pissed because of a downed rig is not going to help you. This is the nature RC. Welcome to the RC world as we know it now. I 've been into RC for 30+ years. HH stepped up to the plate. What more do you expect from them? I don't get it. If you just need to vent, I get that.:cool:

Last edited:
Send it back. There are so many issues with the rig that HH wants to look at it and perhaps fix it or replace it. This is normal IMHO. Why hesitate??? Ship it back. I shipped a 5 month old Notorious back due to an ESC fire that destroyed the rig, body and all. They fixed all and sent it back with close to $200. in new parts repaired and some extra spare parts too. The Noto was on B/O back then so they rebuilt it for me , test ran it on 6S and the tech who did the work even called me to say what he did.. 3 week turnaround and they paid shipping both ways also. With the world changes as of late, just need to be more patient. 2 year warranty has you covered. The issues encountered are not new and common place with the K 4S. :cool:

So here is 2 issues with that,

1) we all know (as well as hh) it is common failures for these rigs right out the box.. so why all of a sudden a need to inspect this truck in particular? Like it's a one off issue..??...

2) old parts are in the trash and the truck is rebuilt off of my spare parts so the poor dude didnt have to wait.. so the rig is complete and running, nothing to see or inspect..? only pictures remain of his misery..??

The other issue would have been if you had to wait a month when the world (still worked), he could potentially be waiting 2 months while the world is screwed up over 40 bucks worth of parts.. who knows..

I've only ever made one claim through them for a esc fire on my daughters mega.. pictures and receipt provided, no questions asked, sent the parts..

The point of this post is to see if anyone else was required to send their rigs in lately for something so common.. seems to me they would avoid that with all that is going on..
So here is 2 issues with that,

1) we all know (as well as hh) it is common failures for these rigs right out the box.. so why all of a sudden a need to inspect this truck in particular? Like it's a one off issue..??...

2) old parts are in the trash and the truck is rebuilt off of my spare parts so the poor dude didnt have to wait.. so the rig is complete and running, nothing to see or inspect..? only pictures remain of his misery..??

The other issue would have been if you had to wait a month when the world (still worked), he could potentially be waiting 2 months while the world is screwed up over 40 bucks worth of parts.. who knows..

I've only ever made one claim through them for a esc fire on my daughters mega.. pictures and receipt provided, no questions asked, sent the parts..

The point of this post is to see if anyone else was required to send their rigs in lately for something so common.. seems to me they would avoid that with all that is going on..

Same crash happened on my outcast 4S and they said to do the same thing. Also don’t ever say the word crash or wreck to them.

If they didn’t ship with junk radio/receiver we wouldn’t need a warranty claim for lost signal and runaway rigs. Also they didn’t ask for my whole truck, just radio/receiver. Also their Stated turnaround time is Less than 4 days for electronics service. If they say 3.5 days and have it 3 weeks why would anyone be happy about that. If supply chain is backed up because Covid fine we all get that, but then change your times to 3 weeks not 3 days.

With my Noto fire, I also had upgrade parts on it. They told me to remove them and send all the prior stock broken parts back, loose. I still kept them anyway and I did that. They ended up repairing it., and even replaced every broken part I provided loose. But they didnt want the upgrade parts because they did not make a determination whether to repair or replace until they recieved it back. Honestly, they are honoring their warranty with your friend in any event. Maybe just not the way you want it to turn out? Go try that with RedCat or Traxxass's 30 day warranty. They will laugh at you. Arrma is the only 2 year basher RC warranty in the world. You have 1 year and 11 months left on the warranty.(y) Count your blessings.
3 day turnaround is if in stock. Always has been that way. Been there. Covid changed that around. On their website it states how Covid has impacted their business logistics. Most people know the radios are junk anyway before they purchase the rig. A $44. Radio Link Tx/Rx solves that issue if you are set on getting the rig despite the horrible radio. Which many guys do most of the time anyway. :cool:

Last edited:
I agree and applaud hh/ arrma for the 2 year warranty.. I have no issues with that for sure.. ?.. trust me I'm pro arrma everything, just sucks as there is nothing to see anymore.. truck is back in his hands running with a different radio as well.. all parts I had on hand.. I was just hoping to save him a little money with a warranty claim that is plenty justified..

Since the truck is fixed, it would be absolutely idiotic to send the repaired truck back to them, or for that matter pull all my parts off of it to do so.. honestly it's no sweat for me.. but I feel that truck will likely be the last arrma he purchases (after I praised them so highly for their no hassle warranty in my experience), which is unfortunate..

I agree and understand you really hooked up your buddy. (y)(y) I did the same with a budyy who endded up getting his first RC a Traxxasss TRX4 crawler. He bought a Traxxass after I told him not to. I run only Axial crawlers (also a lengthy warranty through HH). I helped him out with parts and even repaired it numerous times. He gave up, because Traxxasss didnt honor their warranty at certain times when they should have. (ESC and motor) Traxasss kept saying it was user error. The gears were all dry with no grease, the rig was a disaster out the box. My buddy ended up giving me the rig. I wasn't happy because I didnt want the rig and didnt want him to have a bad taste with RC over buying the wrong brand Rig. He never got another rig again. In a way I feel like I failed him. But I didnt in the end. Traxxass did.

I called them today to see what’s up. The stx2 and srx200 are discontinued. Waiting for stx3 and not sure of rx replacement due in MID JULY! Going to be over a month without my rig operating if that’s the case :(. Asked if I could upgrade(and offered to pay some) to something in stock that was better and only in stock radio was rugged and they weren’t offering a deal.

Not real happy about it because it all comes down to they knowingly sold garbage and now its causing their customer to be without his truck for over a month. I’m sure the large delay for parts is Covid related, but nonetheless it’s turning more than a few customers away from future purchases with them.

Rip horizon try finding a used tactic in your area
I called them today to see what’s up. The stx2 and srx200 are discontinued. Waiting for stx3 and not sure of rx replacement due in MID JULY! Going to be over a month without my rig operating if that’s the case :(. Asked if I could upgrade(and offered to pay some) to something in stock that was better and only in stock radio was rugged and they weren’t offering a deal.

Not real happy about it because it all comes down to they knowingly sold garbage and now its causing their customer to be without his truck for over a month. I’m sure the large delay for parts is Covid related, but nonetheless it’s turning more than a few customers away from future purchases with them.
Maybe you got a bad employe? they never asked me to send back the car i warrantied 4 things
I agree and applaud hh/ arrma for the 2 year warranty.. I have no issues with that for sure.. ?.. trust me I'm pro arrma everything, just sucks as there is nothing to see anymore.. truck is back in his hands running with a different radio as well.. all parts I had on hand.. I was just hoping to save him a little money with a warranty claim that is plenty justified..

Since the truck is fixed, it would be absolutely idiotic to send the repaired truck back to them, or for that matter pull all my parts off of it to do so.. honestly it's no sweat for me.. but I feel that truck will likely be the last arrma he purchases (after I praised them so highly for their no hassle warranty in my experience), which is unfortunate..

So you have a bad radio? You do know you can use any 2.4ghz radio right?
This is probably the best budget radio available https://www.amazon.com/DUMBORC-X6-Transmitter-Receiver-Protections-Controller/dp/B07Q112TQF

-edit- Awe crap I just noticed it is out of stock until July 5th, but you can have it by the 8th with Prime shipping.

Last edited:
So you have a bad radio? You do know you can use any 2.4ghz radio right?
This is probably the best budget radio available https://www.amazon.com/DUMBORC-X6-Transmitter-Receiver-Protections-Controller/dp/B07Q112TQF
Didn’t everyone that got an stx2 get a bad radio:LOL: and yes I know there are a bunch of other options out there including dumborc for cheap, but why should I have to fork out more cash to make the truck work? Also dumbo radios are a Few weeks to a month out shipping to me if they come back in stock when they say they will so that doesn’t fix my problem any quicker. Fortunately bicketybam sent me a tactic combo he wasn’t using so one of my trucks Is still operational. My wife and kids all use the trucks Too so the one transmitter for all rigs doesn’t work for me either. It’s sucks, but I’ll survive :)

Didn’t everyone that got an stx2 get a bad radio:LOL: and yes I know there are a bunch of other options out there including dumborc for cheap, but why should I have to fork out more cash to make the truck work? Also dumbo radios are a Few weeks to a month out shipping to me if they come back in stock when they say they will so that doesn’t fix my problem any quicker. Fortunately bicketybam sent me a tactic combo he wasn’t using so one of my trucks Is still operational. My wife and kids all use the trucks Too so the one transmitter for all rigs doesn’t work for me either. It’s sucks, but I’ll survive :)

Exactly we shouldn't have to buy a new radio to run our cars, Horizon knew the STX2 had problems after they initially released it back in 2017!!!! They never should have forced that turd of a radio on us in the first place, a non AVC DX2E would have been worlds better or they could have just stuck with the Tactic radio that we had before.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back