Limitless Anyone have experience with pan cars??????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I was to go 1/8 I'd definitely go with 325mm hobao or x3...this blaze 410 is 175$ for the roller,did ya see the angles on the single center shaft?? Nice an straight across with no stupid angles going into diffs.i think I could work with the 3.3 via kv..these small cars would probly be ideal for the 2 pole motors to shine..🤷‍♂️

Slash 4x4 might be an option too. Very light.
Just needs the GTR shocks and Tekno M6 axle kit + a mod1 slipper eliminator and motor mount setup.

If I was to go 1/8 I'd definitely go with 325mm hobao or x3...this blaze 410 is 175$ for the roller,did ya see the angles on the single center shaft?? Nice an straight across with no stupid angles going into diffs.i think I could work with the 3.3 via kv..these small cars would probly be ideal for the 2 pole motors to shine..🤷‍♂️
That's the difference between pan cars and GT cars. GT cars are required by the rules to have a kickup at the front. Pan cars are not.

Slash 4x4 might be an option too. Very light.
Just needs the GTR shocks and Tekno M6 axle kit + a mod1 slipper eliminator and motor mount setup.
Phil's slash has has done some amazing things lately an the roll resistence on that car is astronomical. I've got a lot of researching to do.im ready for a crazy new project, something that will do some big things...lighter,smaller,an faster than arrma has to offer.ill figure something crazy out for sure

FWIW, this is the angle on the front shaft in my Infraction after shimming the front bulkhead. That's close enough for me.
1668700474853.jpeg

Phil's slash has has done some amazing things lately an the roll resistence on that car is astronomical. I've got a lot of researching to do.im ready for a crazy new project, something that will do some big things...lighter,smaller,an faster than arrma has to offer.ill figure something crazy out for sure
I still think the vendetta has lots of potential. I wish someone would make some good axles for it and maybe that that center shaft that guy made is a winner? I expect that platform is going to be bigger next year.

Back in the day, a custom TA 1/10 RC10L Pan Car held the land RC speed record of 103mph for many years untll BLX and lipos appeared on the scene. By todays standards sounds silly slow.:ROFLMAO:
On a Velodrome. One Brushed motor with like 10 sub-C cell Nicads and old school Tekin ESC, 420F. BSR Radial rubber tires. The best radio used for this was a Futaba PCM 1024. FM freq Band. Still had interfernce issues.
Radio's back then had poor range for straight line long distances. And there wasn't any GPS to get speeds. It was done with a Lap timer on a Banked track. In Cali.

Last edited:
FWIW, this is the angle on the front shaft in my Infraction after shimming the front bulkhead. That's close enough for me.
View attachment 256789
That looks so much better than the stock angle. I feel the angles really hurt the arrmas,even the motor mount being off to 1 side can't be good for vibrations,vibrations kill rpms an destroy drivetrains
I still think the vendetta has lots of potential. I wish someone would make some good axles for it and maybe that that center shaft that guy made is a winner? I expect that platform is going to be bigger next year.
Oh ya for sure.if I woulda got premium packs I woulda done much better than what I did.....I ran into the 140s on 4s with 1100grams of 65c packs used stock plastic c-shaft,axles,an front diff..plastic rear diff gave out into the 130s,an I blew it out hot rodding it on 5s..that's amazing imo....I think if ya kept car light I would go into the 150s on 100% plastic drivetrain. The slash would require 100ish $ mip axles from the get go..

Last edited:
That looks so much better than the stock angle. I feel the angles really hurt the arrmas,even the motor mount being off to 1 side can't be good for vibrations,vibrations kill rpms an destroy drivetrains
I agree. So I set about making improvements without spending any money. The angles are much better and the shafts have zero play without binding. I'm still a bit away from critical speeds so it remains to be seen how it performs beyond 150. I'm cautiously optimistic.

I agree. So I set about making improvements without spending any money. The angles are much better and the shafts have zero play without binding. I'm still a bit away from critical speeds so it remains to be seen how it performs beyond 150. I'm cautiously optimistic.
Since I've switched to swb cars,I've had zero shaft problems..I didn't toss 1 single shaft this season.ran stock typhon shafts into the 140s before upgrading.im sure stock shafts would make it into 150s for sure..they wear fast,but no failures tells me how the longer shafts an arrma-angles will self destruct with enough rpms everytime...
Can someone tell me the ring an pinion ratio on this car...I'm gonna take a 175$ chance on this car I think....

Screenshot_20221117-111707_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20221117-111716_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20221117-111732_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Since I've switched to swb cars,I've had zero shaft problems..I didn't toss 1 single shaft this season.ran stock typhon shafts into the 140s before upgrading.im sure stock shafts would make it into 150s for sure..they wear fast,but no failures tells me how the longer shafts an arrma-angles will self destruct with enough rpms everytime...
Can someone tell me the ring an pinion ratio on this car...I'm gonna take a 175$ chance on this car I think....

View attachment 256799

View attachment 256800

View attachment 256801
Maybe just shoot them an email about the ring/pinion gears.

^^^ maybe the manual is available for download, to learn more about ?
What I usually do before buying a rig I am not familiar with.:cool:
How is the parts train? Availability wise.

V
A 1/10 touring car might be a good option. You could go 150+ with a tp4040 or 4050 in those on 4s.
The 4tec is one option but man they need $300 in upgrades to be stable above 80 mph. (Ask me how I know)

Overall the 1/10 scale felt hard to control and hard to put the power down so I abandoned it and went back to 1/7 scale.

Serpent Natrix 750e was a model of 1/10 I had my eye on.
I agree,smaller an shorter makes things much harder,but after having great success this year with 1/8 swb and light detta platform I believe I'm ready to give 1/10 a go.cause right now where I'm at I need xlx2 for both cars to progress.an needing a xlx2 in a vendetta is just nuts imo..I wanna progress on low volts next season without needing xlx2s in every car....castle needs to step up there game on there 2 best escz..cause the mmx8s isn't enough anymore.really need a 500a mmx8s to get things popping cause pack an motor technology is surpassing castle escz quikly.the new tp4040 svm motors are putting out more than the old 4050cm motors used to.i believe the 4040 svm is at like 5500w now.my 4050cm is a 5100w motor,and rpm max is also up accross the svm lineup...since I got into speedrunning 2 an half yrs ago technology has gone a long ways.just take a look at McCoy's first runs from 2 yrs ago.that man has done some incredible things in that amount of time...everyone see his latest vid about the scorched diffs excepting the habao 2.66 diffs with the larger bearings an his arrma Nascar truck body,said he bought 3 of them bodys an hes gonna push that body,ran a 151 shakedown hit with it at about 70% throttle.said he is doing a build thread vid on truck in next few days.appearitly he didn't care to much for that wr body...

said he is doing a build thread vid on truck in next few days.appearitly he didn't care to much for that wr body...
Not sure if that's true. This is one of his comments ONYX's FB page...

James W McCoy
Eric Woolsey Thanks brother,
My Thunder truck and stock body Infraction both ended up at 171mph so we will see how this one does , I just enjoy the trucks

Pan cars are RWD. Harder to control and hook up stay planted at speed. They are very light, so Body type and downforce is critical.. Chassis need to be balanced well. Ballast weight is key.
Pan cars are inexpensive for the most part otherwise.

^^^ maybe the manual is available for download, to learn more about ?
What I usually do before buying a rig I am not familiar with.:cool:
How is the parts train? Availability wise.
Oh I'll spend weeks researching before I pull the trigger on anything I'm not familiar with....after watching tommyrc videos of many different 1/10th cars there's a reason he has only stuck to running the blaze,snrc,an hong nor..he has vid of many different ones ,but many videos of these 3 cars running stupid fast #'s.the guy puts alot of effort into running,so I doubt he would run just okay 1/10 cars..BTW looks like he is running tp5680 in his Hong-nor..Tony's gtb an tommyrc 3 cars are the fastest 325mm an under cars I've seen by far...truly impressive...if he can do it,It can be done then I'll give it all I got....I've got the road so I'm gonna give it a shot this next season an see what happens...

Pan cars are RWD. Harder to control and hook up stay planted at speed. They are very light, so Body type and downforce is critical.. Chassis need to be balanced well. Ballast weight is key.
Pan cars are inexpensive for the most part otherwise.
Now most of the manufacturers make them in 4wd config and they are just nuts!

Red lines around where the belts are.

Serpent 989e:

1668709215746.png

X-Ray RX8e
1668709383637.png

1668709423445.png

Kyosho has an interesting 1/12 4wd pan car that uses a chain drive
1668709486949.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back