Limitless Anyone have experience with pan cars??????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pan cars are RWD. Harder to control and hook up stay planted at speed. They are very light, so Body type and downforce is critical.. Chassis need to be balanced well. Ballast weight is key.
Pan cars are inexpensive for the most part otherwise.
Ya I've learned the hard way about shorter,lighter cars being more sketchy,lots of crashs an carnage.learned alot about controlling these types of cars this season....I talked my buddy Mitchell Miner into building a swb car...told him to go with 56mm an low kv or else bad things will happen..he went with 1721 instead an this happened...a Heartbreaker for sure..

is it just me or am I the only one with a hard on looking at these serpents?
No...
1668715618812.png

Are you finally going to buy a second RC car? 🤣
Very likely. However highly unlikely that it will be a 989e or 990e. I just don't have that kind of scratch currently. The cup does not overfloweth. I do have my eye on something else however. I hope to make it happen before or for Christmas.

Got 2 more cars for you to research.

1. Affordable, strong layout and stable triangulated a-arm setup for a 1/10. This is top of my list for a 1/10 build. Saga has a motor mount for it.
Hobao EPX
https://www.hobao-usa.com/product/hb-gpx4e-hyper-epx-1-10-semi-truck-on-road-arr-without-body-shell/

2. Fully exotic super expensive car. It is like the Pagani of RC cars. Arms are carbon fiber and just amazingly weight conscience designed. 1:8 GT
Capricorn LABGT2 EP 1/8
https://www.rctarget.com/Capricorn-LABGT2-EP-18-Scale-GT-Special-Order_p_3558.html

Droooooool 🤤

1668738867380.png

I run my On road stuff on a 1/4 mil Velodrome. The 1/7 Lim and Infr on 6s are too large and fast to max them out. Better fun on 4s.

My 1/10 pan car Flys on the Velodrome. 3s BLX Better control than my 1/7 LIm. and Infr.
My Velo is not as smooth however. Winters ruin the asphalt.

Pan cars are RWD. Harder to control and hook up stay planted at speed.
You ain’t whistling Dixie. I’ve always said (from before my Arrma days) if you can drive a 2wd Slash with a fast brushless system you can drive anything. Not that they’re pan cars, of course. I have two converted to road use. They’re a handful, man!

After watching @phildogg run his serpent the other day I started researching them..I've always wanted a smaller car that could run the cheap smaller diameter foams an also produce great #'s without needing an xlx2.started looking an mugen,serpent,snrc,blaze,Hong nor.really don't have info out there on them.all the belts an pulleys are all new to me.any info or advice much appreciated
What about a 4tec or TT02?

A 1/10 touring car might be a good option. You could go 150+ with a tp4040 or 4050 in those on 4s.
The 4tec is one option but man they need $300 in upgrades to be stable above 80 mph. (Ask me how I know)

Overall the 1/10 scale felt hard to control and hard to put the power down so I abandoned it and went back to 1/7 scale.

Serpent Natrix 750e was a model of 1/10 I had my eye on.
Did you consider the 988 taipan or just the 988 viper?

taipan seems like it might be better suited for speed running because of no rear diff and no shocks (and it’s cheaper….)

I’m eyeing the natrix myself….

Did you consider the 988 taipan or just the 988 viper?

taipan seems like it might be better suited for speed running because of no rear diff and no shocks (and it’s cheaper….)

I’m eyeing the natrix myself….
I can only dream of owning a serpent.
It is not in the budget this year.

Another 2 cars to consider.

Dragnalo is a 1/10 car designed to take high power 1/8 power systems
https://www.rc-xpress.com/xpress-dragnalo-1-10-xp-90037-00109371

Buri Racer is a 1/8 pan car 4wd that is beautifully designed for simplicity

https://www.buri-racer.at/en/model/e1-4/
I've been doing a lot of research on "pan cars" but real goal is to build a 4wd belt driven car for speed runs into the 130-140 mph range so I'm also looking at some touring cars. I emailed Buri Racer and unfortunately they don't have a distributor in the USA, however, they will sell me an E1.4 or E2.2 for 438 shipped!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back