Limitless Anyone have experience with pan cars??????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been doing a lot of research on "pan cars" but real goal is to build a 4wd belt driven car for speed runs into the 130-140 mph range so I'm also looking at some touring cars. I emailed Buri Racer and unfortunately they don't have a distributor in the USA, however, they will sell me an E1.4 or E2.2 for 438 shipped!

The Buri Racer is a sweet rig for sure. That is probably one of the best options for the money. I love the simple yet effective design.
I know a guy that has done 151 on 4s with one in the UK.
There was lots of talk about the Dragnalo when it first came out and now I hear nothing. It must have flopped?

Yeah, Buri Racer is nice. I haven't really heard much after the initial splash of the Dragnalo either. Have you guys looked at ARC? They make a couple of interesting options.

R12FF - 1/10 front motor, FWD
A10 & A10MF - 1/10 touring mid motor, belt AWD
R8.3E - 1/8 rear motor, belt AWD (similar to 988 Viper)
R8S-21 - 1/8 rear motor, belt AWD pan car

Yeah, Buri Racer is nice. I haven't really heard much after the initial splash of the Dragnalo either. Have you guys looked at ARC? They make a couple of interesting options.

R12FF - 1/10 front motor, FWD
A10 & A10MF - 1/10 touring mid motor, belt AWD
R8.3E - 1/8 rear motor, belt AWD (similar to 988 Viper)
R8S-21 - 1/8 rear motor, belt AWD pan car

ARC is supposed to be very nice quality. I always just worry about replacement parts with these smaller brands or ones that do not have distribution in the country you live in. Like Buri Racer for people in the US.

ARC is supposed to be very nice quality. I always just worry about replacement parts with these smaller brands or ones that do not have distribution in the country you live in. Like Buri Racer for people in the US.
Yeah, fair point.

I looked at ARCs as well but they weren't that much cheaper than the equivalent Serpents and there's limited support in the States so it's lower on my list of cars that I'm considering. That being said, I need to be cost conscious on this build so I'm looking for a good deal and pricing is a consideration as well which is why I'm throwing the Buri into the mix.

I see a new arc 8.1e on eBay for $589 which seems like a pretty good deal. Opinions?? I’m still leaning towards a 750e natrix since it’s a 1/10 and it’ll add a little more diversity to my stable….

My buddy just finished assembling his 750e, he has like 7 fully scorched out dual vte2 builds for the coming season so he wanted something different,
He is really trying to talk me into getting one 😂😂
And this picture makes it really hard to say no
11DD3B80-52A3-44C6-998E-80FC8273B62B.jpeg

yeah those serpents look pretty awesome.
I want to mix it up a bit so I'm going to join the club too....
does the mmx8s not fit? or does he prefer vertical mounting?

yeah those serpents look pretty awesome.
I want to mix it up a bit so I'm going to join the club too....
does the mmx8s not fit? or does he prefer vertical mounting?
I’m not sure if he mounted it like that as a final position.
Also he’s gonna be running 8s in the thing.
I’m definitely going to build a 1/10 rig still just trying to figure out what I want

Tony ingals just ran his few year old x ray t4 that he converted to a speed runner.

since my question @gotnitro has started building his 750e and he was able to fit his mmx8s horizontally, but barely. I think the bigger issue was the motor bay which can barely accommodate a tp4030 but the wires are real close to the belt.

Running a natrix 750e on 8S would be insane! 748e has a center belt design so it can handle a larger motor afaik.

Even the 989e looks tiny compared to my Hobao so I’m thinking it must be pretty hard to see at 1000 feet….

since my question @gotnitro has started building his 750e and he was able to fit his mmx8s horizontally, but barely. I think the bigger issue was the motor bay which can barely accommodate a tp4030 but the wires are real close to the belt.

Running a natrix 750e on 8S would be insane! 748e has a center belt design so it can handle a larger motor afaik.

Even the 989e looks tiny compared to my Hobao so I’m thinking it must be pretty hard to see at 1000 feet….
I’m planning on getting something 1/10 before the season starts but still undecided what I’ll go with, I already ordered a body from delta because they only had a couple left of the one I wanted

You have to put it in before the top plate and the top plate mounts need a bit of modification. My motor isn't even mounted yet, still waiting on the BB mount. The stock mount FYI will work with a 40mm BB but you'll have to drill out the M3 holes to M4 (if someone wants to save a few bucks)

IMG_2742.jpg

You have to put it in before the top plate and the top plate mounts need a bit of modification. My motor isn't even mounted yet, still waiting on the BB mount. The stock mount FYI will work with a 40mm BB but you'll have to drill out the M3 holes to M4 (if someone wants to save a few bucks)

View attachment 272418
Looks good! I’m surprised a 1/10 touring car needs that much ESC.

I'm late to this post. The 1/8 serpents, and mugen are awesome. I prefer nitro models converted to electric myself. Also a 4tec2.0 is a cheap fun car you can go fast with. I've been 154mph on 4s with a 4tec2.0. Simple 3630 to and a mmx8s. Single 4s smc lipo. Just mod the 4tec for mod1 gear and that's all the mods I did. Add 40 shore bar foams

I'm late to this post. The 1/8 serpents, and mugen are awesome. I prefer nitro models converted to electric myself. Also a 4tec2.0 is a cheap fun car you can go fast with. I've been 154mph on 4s with a 4tec2.0. Simple 3630 to and a mmx8s. Single 4s smc lipo. Just mod the 4tec for mod1 gear and that's all the mods I did. Add 40 shore bar foams
Know of a conversion for a MRX6X? That’s what I would have purchased to begin with or next. MUGEN FTW! You can keep the 4-tech 😂😉

Know of a conversion for a MRX6X? That’s what I would have purchased to begin with or next. MUGEN FTW! You can keep the 4-tech 😂😉
I would check with sagacustomrc see if he has one or could make one. I would think the conversions are all basically the same. Just battery trays and a motor mount.

@vwturbowolf
The Hobao GPX4e seems like a steal of a deal (could get several for the price of the serpent.)

It seems to have many of the same qualities I like in the serpent model like the rear lower arm mounting to the hub with 2 sides adjustable for toe angle.
Front arms are triangulated.

Biggest difference I see is the center belt drive, but that might allow a longer motor off the side?

1674500448533.png

Saga Custom RC makes some upgrades for it like a carbon GT chassis, big motor mount, and pulleys etc..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back