Limitless Anyone have experience with pan cars??????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@vwturbowolf
The Hobao GPX4e seems like a steal of a deal (could get several for the price of the serpent.)

It seems to have many of the same qualities I like in the serpent model like the rear lower arm mounting to the hub with 2 sides adjustable for toe angle.
Front arms are triangulated.

Biggest difference I see is the center belt drive, but that might allow a longer motor off the side?

View attachment 272467

Saga Custom RC makes some upgrades for it like a carbon GT chassis, big motor mount, and pulleys etc..
My only concern with something like this car is can you get a adapter for spur gears or use available 5 or 8mm pinions. If not would be extremely hard to gear for speed.

you can get a serpent 748e natrix from the serpent America website for $399 which would make a very fine 1/10 speed run car.

My only concern with something like this car is can you get a adapter for spur gears or use available 5 or 8mm pinions. If not would be extremely hard to gear for speed.

It looks like Saga has a custom gear on there, but not sure if you could run standard 8mm bore pinions.
That gear looks pretty big probably for drag use.

1674501876343.png

This means buying different gears, but revo gears have a good range....

1674505239500.png

Last edited:
It looks like Saga has a custom gear on there, but not sure if you could run standard 8mm bore pinions.
That gear looks pretty big probably for drag use.

View attachment 272474

This means buying different gears, but revo gears have a good range....

View attachment 272483
I can get one of the epx rollers for a great price from my hobao dealer but the only downside is it comes in about 1.3-1.4 lbs he’s over then some of the other ones like the serpeant 750

I can get one of the epx rollers for a great price from my hobao dealer but the only downside is it comes in about 1.3-1.4 lbs he’s over then some of the other ones like the serpeant 750
I wonder how much of that extra weight is the chassis? The rest is mostly plastic. I was thinking the Saga GT carbon chassis would be a nice setup.
Not trying to sound like I am pushing that car, because I have zero experience with either.

Just always thought it would be a good option for a reasonable price.

So how much does the Hobao roller weigh?
I saw a video where rhe 750e weighed 900 grams and the 748e weighed 720 or 750 grams.

Hmm
Wonder where all the weight is coming from?
My 989e was only 1363 g with wheels….

Hmm
Wonder where all the weight is coming from?
My 989e was only 1363 g with wheels….
If you look at the car it's all similar to the serpent. I'd suspect the chassis....

1674574570707.png

This is why I think a carbon chassis might make it on par, when talking about weight.

well FWIW, if the car is for speed running not sure if 750 grams v. 1500 grams really makes a difference? Maybe more weight is better? Not sure, maybe someone smarter than I can respond. That being said, Serpent Natrix line was designed for high speed applications like drag and to a lesser extent speed runs.

Then again, 500-700 grams seems significant since it's basically the weight of a battery....

What about a 4tec or TT02?
Old reply.... These are considered Touring Cars.
Last I heard??:unsure:
I can only dream of owning a serpent.
It is not in the budget this year.
Always wanted a Serpent.... anything..... Nice stuff. Just, Serpent parts train has always been a mess here in the States. I've seen what others with Serpents have to deal with.:rolleyes: They end up as expensive shelf queens.:(

Last edited:
I believe all the cars we have been talking about in recent posts are touring cars.
Pan cars do not have suspension as far as I know....
You are correct. Just that the thread is about Pan Cars? :giggle:
Just making analogies here.
Maybe I misread?
Sorry. :cool:

Old reply.... These are considered Touring Cars.
Last I heard??:unsure:

Always wanted a Serpent.... anything..... Nice stuff. Just, Serpent parts train has always been a mess here in the States. I've seen what others with Serpents have to deal with.:rolleyes: They end up as expensive shelf queens.:(
Idk about that, Ive had pretty good luck at serpent usa. Ive had several 1/8 serpents over the years..

Idk about that, Ive had pretty good luck at serpent usa. Ive had several 1/8 serpents over the years..
Phil, I always trust your better judgement. (y) A Serpent has always been on my Bucket list.
Here in the NE, LHS's always steered me away from them...:unsure: Need to relook at this.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back