Limitless Anyone have experience with pan cars??????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K-BASH

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Mojave
  3. Notorious
  4. Senton 6s
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 6s
After watching @phildogg run his serpent the other day I started researching them..I've always wanted a smaller car that could run the cheap smaller diameter foams an also produce great #'s without needing an xlx2.started looking an mugen,serpent,snrc,blaze,Hong nor.really don't have info out there on them.all the belts an pulleys are all new to me.any info or advice much appreciated

Last edited:
After watching @phildogg run his serpent the other day I started researching them..I've always wanted a smaller car that could run the cheap smaller diameter foams an also produce great #'s without needing an xlx2.started looking an mugen,serpent,snrc,blaze,Hong nor.really don't have info out there on them.all the belts an pulleys are all new to me.any info or advice much appreciated

I'd imagine you take a look into all the old Associated and Schumacher 1/10 on-road chassis.
They were both heavily into that category back in the day..

Have you considered an RLAARLO? 1/14th scale with a carbon fibre chasis and towers. Super cheap and there's a lot of people getting on board because the company has competitions built right into their network. Pretty sure you'd kick some a$$ if you got a hold of one. Eric Woolsey just hit 118 mph on 3s, MMX8s and a 4400kv motor

The RLAARLO looks like a nice one. Insane power for a 14th scale. A friend shared a video of his "mini-Kraton RLAARLO" zipping around on a street awhile ago and it seemed pretty stabil, fast, and decently set up out of the box. And as noted above, has CF already incorporated into the setup.

Have you considered an RLAARLO? 1/14th scale with a carbon fibre chasis and towers. Super cheap and there's a lot of people getting on board because the company has competitions built right into their network. Pretty sure you'd kick some a$$ if you got a hold of one. Eric Woolsey just hit 118 mph on 3s, MMX8s and a 4400kv motor
I've looked at them all brother,lol ....I've always looked past the rlaaro because I had a wltoys 14404 or whatever wltoys 1/14 buggy is called an I wasn't to impressed with the drivetrain.it was just made with cheesy parts..I put about 200$ in mods to it ,brushless an upgraded the drivetrain an still wasn't impressed with the outcome..I thought the rlaaro was a rebranded wltoys. I can't believe the speeds they run with those...the 1 I did wouldn't have handle much power,3s killed it over an over...I'll research the rlaarlo thanks J for the info..so far the Hong nor x3 an this 410 car have really caught my interest
https://blazerc.com/new-arrivals
I'm really partial to the Serpent 988 and 989 myself and I've had them on my radar for quite some time. I'd really like to add a 989e to my stall at some point, but they don't come cheap.
Just watched a good vid by Jay mitch on the 989..he said the pulleys an parts that arrive in the US go fast.if Jay mitch can't get the parts an the build got held up then I probly have a worst time getting them..appeartly the aluminum pulleys are what's hard to get..TOMMYRC has some good videos of the blaze rc 410 running 170ish on 8s with 1 an a few other small cars ...he has some insane night runs an has the fastest night run of like 176 I think

Last edited:
I'm really partial to the Serpent 988 and 989 myself and I've had them on my radar for quite some time. I'd really like to add a 989e to my stall at some point, but they don't come cheap.

+1 on this, the Serpent 988e and 989e are top choices for sure.
The new Corally - SSX-823 Car Kit appears to be on the same level but 1/2 the price (almost).

The biggest thing to consider is that these are serious race machines and that segment always comes at a high cost. Parts are also a bit harder to find in the US. Saga makes some speed run-specific parts for Serpents that will be useful.

I have never seen one go exceptionally fast and I don't care for small-diameter tires if we are talking about speeds above 150mph. Given my goals are high speeds I have avoided the pan cars altogether. I would like one as a parking lot cone carver one day.

I'd imagine you take a look into all the old Associated and Schumacher 1/10 on-road chassis.
They were both heavily into that category back in the day..
My very very first RC was a TA 1/10 RC10L PAn car. From 1990. They are super light. And fun. The lightest rig I own Weighs like a feather compared to my 1/8 rigs and even my TA TC3 Torimg car.
I still have mine and still use it alot, considering it is Vintage now. Very fast. and hard to control. I have a brushed setup in it. They are harder to setup. More than you would think. Foams don't last long however. But are still widely available and cheap. I like the Pink foams front and rear. The rubber PC tires are quite expensive by contrast.

20221117_102027.jpg

20221117_102159.jpg

Just watched a good vid by Jay mitch on the 989..he said the pulleys an parts that arrive in the US go fast.if Jay mitch can't get the parts an the build got held up then I probly have a worst time getting them..appeartly the aluminum pulleys are what's hard to get..TOMMYRC has some good videos of the blaze rc 410 running 170ish on 8s with 1 an a few other small cars ...he has some insane night runs an has the fastest night run of like 176 I think
I must beat him!! :LOL: 🤪

I assume they have the more common 17mm hex setup as well and not the fancy quick change pan car hubs.
Yep, it's much like a Typhon having 3.3 diff ratios too. Just fancy 🤓
Serpent and X-Ray make some nice 1/8 scale rigs that would be worth considering too if looking at 1/8 GT platforms.

The HongNor X3 or the modified iGT8 are standard dog bone drive 1/8 cars though.
Really I'm just looking for a car I can with mmx8s an a smaller motor and would like to use the 60mm bsr foams that cost 20-30$ a set...basically go for 150+ useing cheaper,less expensive electronics. Because good setups like we run are starting to cost 500+ just for esc an motor..prices are getting crazy,next big motor I want is 350$ an that's just crazy..packs are costing 150$+ each...for good #'s ya need 800$ for esc,motor an packs..

Really I'm just looking for a car I can with mmx8s an a smaller motor and would like to use the 60mm bsr foams that cost 20-30$ a set...basically go for 150+ useing cheaper,less expensive electronics. Because good setups like we run are starting to cost 500+ just for esc an motor..prices are getting crazy,next big motor I want is 350$ an that's just crazy..packs are costing 150$+ each...for good #'s ya need 800$ for esc,motor an packs..
OR...a sponsorship :)

I don't expect to get one of those anytime soon so...$800 it is. :LOL:

Yep, it's much like a Typhon having 3.3 diff ratios too. Just fancy 🤓
Serpent and X-Ray make some nice 1/8 scale rigs that would be worth considering too if looking at 1/8 GT platforms.
If I was to go 1/8 I'd definitely go with 325mm hobao or x3...this blaze 410 is 175$ for the roller,did ya see the angles on the single center shaft?? Nice an straight across with no stupid angles going into diffs.i think I could work with the 3.3 via kv..these small cars would probly be ideal for the 2 pole motors to shine..🤷‍♂️

A 1/10 touring car might be a good option. You could go 150+ with a tp4040 or 4050 in those on 4s.
The 4tec is one option but man they need $300 in upgrades to be stable above 80 mph. (Ask me how I know)

Overall the 1/10 scale felt hard to control and hard to put the power down so I abandoned it and went back to 1/7 scale.

Serpent Natrix 750e was a model of 1/10 I had my eye on.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back