Granite Anyone have issues with the stock nihm battery?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ttrash3405

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Voltage
Hello, I’m new to the hobby and this is my first car. I have the 2wd granite voltage and after 10 runs or so it seems the battery is failing. It’s a 7.2v 1800mah nihm arrma battery and I got a balance charger from my buddy and it indicates that the battery only charges to 1620mah and I used to get about 10-15 mins run time on grass but now I’d say it’s more like 10 mins max now and sometimes the truck slow down like the battery is dead, then it takes off again like it has a full charge.

my questions are: did I mishandle my battery and now it’s corrupted or something? Is the stock battery just a bad battery or am I doing something wrong perhaps?

thanks for yalls help.

Hello, I’m new to the hobby and this is my first car. I have the 2wd granite voltage and after 10 runs or so it seems the battery is failing. It’s a 7.2v 1800mah nihm arrma battery and I got a balance charger from my buddy and it indicates that the battery only charges to 1620mah and I used to get about 10-15 mins run time on grass but now I’d say it’s more like 10 mins max now and sometimes the truck slow down like the battery is dead, then it takes off again like it has a full charge.

my questions are: did I mishandle my battery and now it’s corrupted or something? Is the stock battery just a bad battery or am I doing something wrong perhaps?

thanks for yalls help.
Hi,

you might have depleted it too much during a run which damages the nimh.
Do yourself a favour, get a 2s lipo and set the esc to lipo mode. More power, more punch and longer runtimes.

Me and others have found that going to a 2S Lipo can strip the stock plastic differential drive cups quickly.

I haven’t had issues with the stock battery but for a cheap battery your mileage may vary. You could wait a bit longer and see how bad it gets then contact Arrma for warranty support

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back