Outcast Anyone having trouble finding stuff online too?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaatus

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 6s
Finally have arrmas metal diff case upgrade coming. I know chances are, I’ll have to do the front and back eventually too, but I’m biding my time. The one thing I’m noticing is how much stuff is sold out so widely spread. I can’t find anyone selling diff Fluid that’s anywhere close to the thickness I want and it seems like that’s kind par for the course with most categories of hop up parts and upgrade stuff. I’m still new enough to this to not know all the little tricks that the long timers here have figured out. I don’t know if I want to go the silicone ear plug route, but I’ve been told silly putty is a potential candidate. Anyone have any thoughts or critiques on this? Thanks in advance!

Finally have arrmas metal diff case upgrade coming. I know chances are, I’ll have to do the front and back eventually too, but I’m biding my time. The one thing I’m noticing is how much stuff is sold out so widely spread. I can’t find anyone selling diff Fluid that’s anywhere close to the thickness I want and it seems like that’s kind par for the course with most categories of hop up parts and upgrade stuff. I’m still new enough to this to not know all the little tricks that the long timers here have figured out. I don’t know if I want to go the silicone ear plug route, but I’ve been told silly putty is a potential candidate. Anyone have any thoughts or critiques on this? Thanks in advance!
That steak in your profile pic looks about 500K 😁

I have been able to get fluids below 100K, but would like to get some 200K-500K. I am up to try the ear plug mod. Most parts are hard to get right now, I am sure a bunch of them are at the bottom of the ocean in shipping containers. Imports are a mess right now.

I have been able to get fluids below 100K, but would like to get some 200K-500K. I am up to try the ear plug mod. Most parts are hard to get right now, I am sure a bunch of them are at the bottom of the ocean in shipping containers. Imports are a mess right now.
That steak is done Sous Vide, and all I can say is it’s frigging witchcraft. I can’t seem to find anything higher than about 60k from assiciated, and anything thicker is like a unicorn right now.

Sous Vide steak cheese mac and cheese is my jam lol. 130 is my temp, hittup Wholefoods for their deli mac and cheese, and I pickup whatever specialty bacon they got and then a ribeye or strip streak. SV the steak, toss the bacon in the oven, add both to the heated mac and cheese. I think I know what I want for dinner now.

Sliced SV steak is great in a grilled cheese. Might I recommend Jalapeno pimento cheese 😁

Sous Vide steak cheese mac and cheese is my jam lol. 130 is my temp, hittup Wholefoods for their deli mac and cheese, and I pickup whatever specialty bacon they got and then a ribeye or strip streak. SV the steak, toss the bacon in the oven, add both to the heated mac and cheese. I think I know what I want for dinner now.

Sliced SV steak is great in a grilled cheese. Might I recommend Jalapeno pimento cheese 😁
I got lucky and stumbled onto some steeply discounted American waygu ribeye, and lawdy lawdy... I’ve eaten more beef in the last 3 months than I have probably in the last year before combined. As gross as it may sound, I have a serious weakness for the jalapeño cheddar cheese from MREs. I don’t know why, and I I still remember what it does to your insides, but I can’t quit it.

I've never tried an MRE before, but if I did, that would be one I would go for also damned the consequences. Jalapeno cheddar Cheetos are delicious and make good break crumbs. I am jealous of your treasure chest of beef. Wagyu is oh so good. Being in Texas, you can imagine the meat at these butcher shops. Even places like HEB and Central Market which are upscale grocery stores have wagyu and aged beefs readily available. But you pay for it, $30-$40lb. But it makes a hell of a grilled cheese :D

What is the silicone earplugs mod?
That’s (from what I’ve seen) is the act of using silicone putty swimmers ear plugs in the center diff. It’s more or less like putting 50 mill fluid in it. Not quite fully mechanically locked but damn close to it
I've never tried an MRE before, but if I did, that would be one I would go for also damned the consequences. Jalapeno cheddar Cheetos are delicious and make good break crumbs. I am jealous of your treasure chest of beef. Wagyu is oh so good. Being in Texas, you can imagine the meat at these butcher shops. Even places like HEB and Central Market which are upscale grocery stores have wagyu and aged beefs readily available. But you pay for it, $30-$40lb. But it makes a hell of a grilled cheese :D
Seeing Texas and all it has to offer has always been a bucket list thing for me. Maybe someday....

You can buy diff oil from here https://1upracing.com/product/mr33-silicon-diff-oil-1k-2m-cst-75ml/

My unpopular opinion is the earplug job isn't tuning, it's jank hack work. Find the fluid you need, or blend it from fluids you can find... Or get a spool, if that's what you think will make your car turn tight and run straight.

I don't think there is a civilian equivalent to MRE cheese. In addition to the almost constant field time on normal infantry active duty, we were so far forward in ’04 that all we had were MREs 3 meals a day for a year. Unless we're in the midst of a genuine global meltdown, I'm never eating another MRE as long as I live.

And Deuce... did somebody say steak?

I need 2,000cst shock oil for my talion + I need 20k and 50k diff fluid (I use earplugs in the center)
also I love that steak pic
I got lucky and stumbled onto some steeply discounted American waygu ribeye, and lawdy lawdy... I’ve eaten more beef in the last 3 months than I have probably in the last year before combined. As gross as it may sound, I have a serious weakness for the jalapeño cheddar cheese from MREs. I don’t know why, and I I still remember what it does to your insides, but I can’t quit it.
I farm waygu cows

Thanks for the link! Much appreciated
My unpopular opinion is the earplug job isn't tuning, it's jank hack work. Find the fluid you need, or blend it from fluids you can find... Or get a spool, if that's what you think will make your car turn tight and run straight.

I don't think there is a civilian equivalent to MRE cheese. In addition to the almost constant field time on normal infantry active duty, we were so far forward in ’04 that all we had were MREs 3 meals a day for a year. Unless we're in the midst of a genuine global meltdown, I'm never eating another MRE as long as I live.

And Deuce... did somebody say steak?
I would agree with most every sentiment there. I was a Marine combat engineer myself so I get the field time. I occasionally will order a 24 pack of the cheese from Amazon. I like to watch my kids look at me like I’m crazy for eating it. I’m still working on being able to understand fully the whole weight thing and how it seems to have zero correlation to weights of automotive grease. I’ve only ever seen the earplug thing online and honestly, it looks like broken parts waiting to happen. I may go the spool route just to mess and and see what happens.
I need 2,000cst shock oil for my talion + I need 20k and 50k diff fluid (I use earplugs in the center)
also I love that steak pic

I farm waygu cows
If I could afford to, I’d probably eat it with every meal.

Last edited:
What are you trying to accomplish with your diff tuning? Less/more wheelies, minimizing ballooning, tighter steering? Do you drive loose or hard dirt? Oversteer or understeer? Some people pack their diffs with crazy thick grease thinking it makes their car handle better, but there is a whole range in between that gets overlooked. Buggy racers are usually better than bashers at recognizing how to improve vehicle handling characteristics. No advice should be taken without knowing what your goal is. Just something to think about along the way.

What are you trying to accomplish with your diff tuning? Less/more wheelies, minimizing ballooning, tighter steering? Do you drive loose or hard dirt? Oversteer or understeer? Some people pack their diffs with crazy thick grease thinking it makes their car handle better, but there is a whole range in between that gets overlooked. Buggy racers are usually better than bashers at recognizing how to improve vehicle handling characteristics. No advice should be taken without knowing what your goal is. Just something to think about along the way.
Fair point. I never really did mention that part. My biggest thing is power transfer. Hard cornering right now leads to the front inside it’s diffs out really bad, and unless I misunderstood, it should help with not immediately backflipping but I’m not super clear on the physics of that part. Ultimately I probably need to get my hands on a range to experiment but for now, I just want something that equals out the power transfer

Ok, a heavier fluid up front will help with the diff out in corners issue as long as you are happy with how it turns in general. Go too heavy and it'll understeer like a plow. At the same time, increasing fluid weight in the center diff will split the power more evenly during that diff out condition.

You will see the difference by doubling your current oil weights. 5k to 10k, 10k to 20k, etc. Then you can split the difference to hit the sweet spot if needed.

Back