Anyone heard of Trackside Hobby in Hartville Ohio?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

godfella691981

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hello,

I am wondering if anyone has heard of this hobby shop in Hartville Ohio its called Trackside Hobby. I am by no means advertising for them either please continue to read.

I placed an order for a set of Pro-Line Trenchers at their online store on April 6th 2019. They have all kinds of financing options on their website it appears to be a legit business also. My wife and I may have been scammed by them. Neither one of our orders have shipped and the store doesn't answer any phone calls.

I did get in contact with someone on April 15th, I was told by that person that the previous owner passed away within the last couple weeks, my question is wouldn't the new owner have to close for a period of time to get all legal aspects taken care of? On their Facebook and Website there is no mention of the store closing or anyone passing away, you would think since it is a small hobby shop that it would be mentioned someplace so that local visitors would be aware.

Hopefully this message finds one of the locals that use this shop.

the store doesn't answer any phone calls.

I did get in contact with someone on April 15th
These two lines clearly contradict one another. Did you or did you not speak to someone from the shop?

wouldn't the new owner have to close for a period of time to get all legal aspects taken care of?

There is no rule or law requiring any business to close after an owner is passed away. This new owner could have been an employee who is now stepping up to take over and continue running the business, maybe an old friend, who knows - but none of this has to be published.

Depending on how you've paid, maybe via credit card - then call your credit card company to dispute the charge and you'll get your money back. Then find another Local Hobby Shop and buy from them as obviously this one is dealing with some pretty serious issues. at the moment.

I spoke to someone on the phone on the 8th. Since then their phone goes straight to voicemail and it's full. The other contact i had is with someone through the Facebook page that was this Monday. That's when they told me about the passing of the previous owner in the last couple weeks.

I thought that a business would have to at least close till the new owner obtained a business and tax license.
I could understand if the person that took over was new off the street but if an employee took over he should know how to process orders at least.

I spoke to someone on the phone on the 8th. Since then their phone goes straight to voicemail and it's full. The other contact i had is with someone through the Facebook page that was this Monday. That's when they told me about the passing of the previous owner in the last couple weeks.

I thought that a business would have to at least close till the new owner obtained a business and tax license.
I could understand if the person that took over was new off the street but if an employee took over he should know how to process orders at least.
I won't pretend to know the details of how this business is structured as this will greatly impact how it continues. Obviously you know there are issues which is why I would recommend doing a charge back, cancelling your check, or simply wait it out.

I won't pretend to know the details of how this business is structured as this will greatly impact how it continues. Obviously you know there are issues which is why I would recommend doing a charge back, cancelling your check, or simply wait it out.
I think I am going to take your advice and doing a charge back through my bank. I was planning on waiting till Friday but I think I've been more then patient considering the order was only for a set of Trenchers that were in stock.

We know Trackside Hobbies well, while we cannot assume what is going on with your order we can tell you they are very much a legitimate business. While they may have an issue with your current order rest-assured they are not a scammer site or anything, and we have always had great experiences with them. I'm sure that one way or another they will resolve for you.

We know Trackside Hobbies well, while we cannot assume what is going on with your order we can tell you they are very much a legitimate business. While they may have an issue with your current order rest-assured they are not a scammer site or anything, and we have always had great experiences with them. I'm sure that one way or another they will resolve for you.
I am wondering how they continue to keep business when they cannot ship orders that have been paid for. It's not only my order but it's my wife's order as well.
The "new" owner did respond today to an email finally but only made excuses when I asked for a tracking number for my shipment.
I hope whatever issue there is that they get it taken care of.

Definitely cannot speak to the specific issue you have going on, definitely sounds like the ball has been dropped but just wanted to at least assure you they are a legitimate shop and track in OH. Hope they can get this resolved for you!

Definitely cannot speak to the specific issue you have going on, definitely sounds like the ball has been dropped but just wanted to at least assure you they are a legitimate shop and track in OH. Hope they can get this resolved for you!
Thank you, I appreciate that!

Well, so much for being a reliable Website to buy from. When I logged into my account earlier today it showed someone elses personal information and order. Things like that cant happen.

RCJuice, I don't know how long its been since you done business with Trackside but they sure didnt do us right! The owner cancelled my order today and removed both me and my wifes account from the website. He fully refunded me but kept my wifes money. This is not how you run a business. I would re-consider doing business with this company.
And my order was cancelled AFTER he told me last week the order had already shipped but he refused to issue a tracking number for either of our orders.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back