Anyone here do penny stocks?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trapper

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone here day trades or swing trades penny stocks. I'm just getting into them now to try and make a little extra money here and there.

I play around a bit but I don't really make a ton. Last year - between wins and losses - I was up a little over $200 on an initial $1,500 buy in. The biggest challenge with them is that the best plays are made on tiny swings that can happen over the course of minutes and hours. That means day trading or risk leaving money in for 24+ hours. In order to day trade, you have to have the right account and most sites require a $10k to $20k balance.

Cool, yeah I started small too. Lost $150 in the first week haha, but have learned a decent amount pretty quickly and have made that $150 and am up $99.
So far I'm higher than where I started even with the market in the middle of a correction from the looks of it The whole aftermarket and premarket really messes with things.
Using E-Trade and robbinhood where possible. The robbing hood app doesn't have a minimum account req and no cost to make trades which has helped a lot when working with only a little bit. The E-Trade $7 fee to sell and to buy makes it a bit harder.
I screwed up when making my Robbin hood account though by forgetting to use my friends referral code. Apparently they give both parties a free stock which is cool. Sometimes that stock share being a good one like Facebook.

So much still to learn with trading. Exciting times for sure.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back