Anyone here sous vide?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HZRDOS

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
  2. Outcast 4s
  3. Outcast EXB
  4. Talion EXB
Got an Anova sous vide setup for xmas, currently have a 2.5lb pork belly in it for a 10 hour 170 degree bath. Going to sear the outside in a large air fryer tonight.

Curious who else has done sous vide style to cook, and what are your favorites to cook in it.

20220101_075947.jpg

I sous vide about 5 times a week. I have a 7 bone while ribeye in right now at 127 degrees for 6 hours.

Anything meat related goes in the sous vide. I always finish whatever it is on the grill, the smoker or with a hand-held torch!
View attachment 189740
Man that looks beautiful. I have always used my green egg for meats, so this is new to me. Thinking the air fryer will put a nice crispy skin on the pork belly. Will see how it goes.

I "cheat" a lot. I've got a searzall that I use to get the bark/seared look. I've also used a cast iron pan and the broiler function on the oven.

Never tried a air fryer, but make sure you crank the temp high on it.

I've done full size Boston butts at 160 for 20+ hours, then finished on the smoker for about 2-3 hours. Completely falls apart and the smoke flavor is definitely present. Even gets that little pink smoke ring.

I've done beef, pork, chicken, shrimp, scallops, flounder, cod, tuna, and salmon. Bacon is goooood if you cook it for 3hours at 155 and then finish in a 350 oven.....man. crap. I'm hungry now.

I had a Joule for a while but didn’t really care for the outcome. I see why certain things could be sous vide cooked, but in general the texture just wasn’t the same for me. I ended up giving it away.

I recently bought a three burner Camp Chef cooking system. I got the three burner flat top cast iron griddle, the two burner grill, and am thinking about the pizza oven too. So far I love it for making smash burgers and birria tacos (made some last night). Going to make some steaks in cast iron on it tonight with some butter, garlic, and rosemary basting.

I haven’t used my smoker as much recently and need to get a brisket or Boston butt on there soon.

I wouldn't want to live without my hot tub now. My favorite so far would have to be elk shanks @140 for 48 hours, finished with a cast iron butter braze. But pretty much everything I've put in the hot tub has ended up delicious!

I wouldn't want to live without my hot tub now. My favorite so far would have to be elk shanks @140 for 48 hours, finished with a cast iron butter braze. But pretty much everything I've put in the hot tub has ended up delicious!
Doing some Boston Butt's Hawn. style in the smoker today. Even if it wasnt planned I would have after reading this thread! hahaha

I skipped the hot tub and tossed this little beaut in the smoker today
20220101_101819.jpg

Don't get me wrong- I wouldn't hesitate to sous vide a prime, and butter brazing a prime seems like the most decadent way of all to finish it. But I don't have big enough bags, or a big enough pan to butter braze it, so I'll slum the smoker 🤣🤣

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back