Virginia Anyone in Virginia?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Richmond here.

If you guys are on FB, come check us out on 757 RC Bash Crew. We bash/race every Sunday. When we bash it’s usually at Ipswich in Chesapeake or Tarrallton Park in Norfolk. When we race, we use parks in the area.

If you guys are on FB, come check us out on 757 RC Bash Crew. We bash/race every Sunday. When we bash it’s usually at Ipswich in Chesapeake or Tarrallton Park in Norfolk. When we race, we use parks in the area.
Yea I'm in there. Good group for sure!

Yea lol it's actually steven but I switched my name around lol

I know alot of guys run at the raceway complex for speed runs and stuff. Its acually a good place to run since its flat. As far as off road stuff any park really. Bryan park I go too sometimes and the newport news park

I know this thread is a bit old, but I'm just joining. I've looked online for off-road tracks in Richmond, and I found JMW Motorsports in Chesterfield right next to Southside Speedway. I've yet to check it out in person, but I messaged them with no response. Does anyone know if that place is still open/active? I think it's only open on weekends anyways.

I'm near Lexington. Used to live in the 757. Hard to find people around here. We camp a lot so we see a few bashers here and there at the campground. Always fun for my boy when he has someone to bash with.

I know this thread is a bit old, but I'm just joining. I've looked online for off-road tracks in Richmond, and I found JMW Motorsports in Chesterfield right next to Southside Speedway. I've yet to check it out in person, but I messaged them with no response. Does anyone know if that place is still open/active? I think it's only open on weekends anyways.
Same here. I am in Midlothian and that place is 10mins from my house. From google maps sat view they show some really cool tracks. BUT - Southside closed in December due to COVID BS. I messaged them also but yet to get a response. Been thinking about just going there and seeing if there is a way to access the area. I have been running at construction sites around my hood - but so muddy lately I hate cleaning the damn rigs every run!

Same here. I am in Midlothian and that place is 10mins from my house. From google maps sat view they show some really cool tracks. BUT - Southside closed in December due to COVID BS. I messaged them also but yet to get a response. Been thinking about just going there and seeing if there is a way to access the area. I have been running at construction sites around my hood - but so muddy lately I hate cleaning the damn rigs every run!

It looks like access to the RC track is through the same entrance as the speedway, so if the speedway is closed, then JMW is as well.
Right next to my house are BMX and dirt pump tracks, but they both have "NO RC CARS" signs posted. I asked around at the LHS, and was told that RC car guys were over-running those tracks, so the bicycle guys complained to the city and got RC vehicles banned there. I don't blame them, but still a shame.

It looks like access to the RC track is through the same entrance as the speedway, so if the speedway is closed, then JMW is as well.
Right next to my house are BMX and dirt pump tracks, but they both have "NO RC CARS" signs posted. I asked around at the LHS, and was told that RC car guys were over-running those tracks, so the bicycle guys complained to the city and got RC vehicles banned there. I don't blame them, but still a shame.
UPDATE!!!

JMW just posted on Facebook they will be opening and racing in 2021. Mentioned a new schedule will be posted tomorrow!

I have no clue about using it for general practice, etc....but will find out!

UPDATE!!!

JMW just posted on Facebook they will be opening and racing in 2021. Mentioned a new schedule will be posted tomorrow!

I have no clue about using it for general practice, etc....but will find out!

Thanks, I'll keep an eye out on their Facebook page for info. I'm not interested in racing, just looking for a good place to drive and jump my vehicles.

Try Algonkian Park. Off Algonkian Parkway in Sterling down by the Potomac. If you hit on weekdays the park can be wide open. Mostly grass and light cover. Never brought a ramp. Go all the way in almost to the boat launch and hang a left. Never been hassled.

Goliath

Adrenaline is nice (indoor track / store) .. so is The Track in Gaithersburg (indoor track / store). Adrenaline is in Winchester though - unless there's another one. Hobbytown in Frederick used to have an indoor paved track - it's gone now (and they've changed locations). Hobbytown, until recently, has had barely any RC stock - they seem to have had stock for the last several months.

Edit: Adrenaline has a facility in Winchester and a second in Chantilly (store only based on information online).

Last edited:
I used to live an work in NoVA, so when you guys started talking about Adrenaline RC in Chantilly, I thought to myself "Hmmm I've never heard of that place I wonder how close it is to Hobby Hangar". Low and behold, to my surprise, Hobby Hangar is no longer and is now Adrenaline! I was always impressed with their selection of RC aircraft stuff, as well rubber-powered models and rockets, before I got back into cars. Is there anyone here who has visited recently and can give a report? Have they kept all of the other hobby stuff or got rid of it and focused solely on RC cars?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back