Senton Anyone install a sound card in their rc car?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Senton Monster

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Saw something cool on you tube a motor sound coming from the crawlers. wondering if anyone has done this?

If you do engine sounds then the best unit to get is either the Ess-One or Ess-Dual from Sense Innovations/Team Associated. The sounds are customizable and have option of two different profiles so you can switch them if you want. There's a companion piece of free software and USB adapter to hook it to your computer to download and change everything from engine sounds, horns, turbo blow off valves, brakes, etc.

There's are cheap and more simple units out there but I found those sound like cheap toy cars and not realistic at all.

@suchtragedy good to know! I’m passing my dumbo down to my boys senton when my flysky shows up. It will be nice to get rid of the stx2 and gain some extra channels.
The sound module uses a Y splitter cable to split channel 2 between the ESC and the sound module and so when you apply throttle/brake it reads the signal and makes the engine sounds in proportion to the signal input. It doesn't need any additional channels to function and is plug and play.

@suchtragedy so it pulls power the same way? If you wanted a horn how’d you signal it?

Edit. Just watched a vid on the ess that answered my question. (y) Ess duo is pretty sweet and very customizable.

Last edited:
@suchtragedy so it pulls power the same way? If you wanted a horn how’d you signal it?

Edit. Just watched a vid on the ess that answered my question. (y) Ess duo is pretty sweet and very customizable.
I have the ess dual in my Redcat Gen8. And yeah horn is the 3rd channel but that's the only extra one you need if you want a horn?

The ESS Dual is a good unit, I have one in my crawler. Fun stuff.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back