Anyone interested in the new Redcat KAIJU MT 1/8

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds crunchy! Nice rip (y) What was your brother driving?

I like the idea of relocating the body holes for the rear mount more towards the center of the truck. Getting the stock clips/body together in at the stock location on the EXT is definitely a pain, the angles make it more cumbersome than anything. I may have to come up with something like that for myself. And I agree, i think it looks pretty good without the wing!

How do you like the kaiju tires on the LWB like that? Stock EXT tires don't have much bite, unfortunately.
He started out with the O8S on paddle tires. I was in the garage replacing a rear arm on my Hoss. I heard him pull up, then heard what sounded like him dragging a plastic tote around..after about 5 minutes I decided to take a look. He was driving his Outcast around..He says these paddles suck. Just sinks and gets stuck.. I think between the snow being really powdery under the crust and the weight of the O8S, just wasn't really doing well. Too deep. He gave up too quickly I think. I ended up putting the paddles on my Xmaxx. I thought they worked quite well, he almost gifted them to me before coming to his senses, LOL. He has an Xmaxx also, putting a G2 max6/4990 combo in it. He then brought out his v1 Maxx. Has brand new Jconcepts fling kings on it. They were working great till one came unglued. He lost his $hit and got mad. Kept bashing till he destroyed the foam then ultimately broke a front C hub or something.. then ended up sidelined after his K6 wouldn't work due to melted connectors. Adapters will bite ya eventually..
I think the stock OG Kaiju tires are great, just don't try going over say 40-50mph cuz I think they like to blow apart. But for general bashing they're pretty sweet, a good compound I think. Decent traction and tread life.
I really like the EXT over the OG for my use. The EXT still snaps around nicely for backflips, and drives better overall.

He started out with the O8S on paddle tires. I was in the garage replacing a rear arm on my Hoss. I heard him pull up, then heard what sounded like him dragging a plastic tote around..after about 5 minutes I decided to take a look. He was driving his Outcast around..He says these paddles suck. Just sinks and gets stuck.. I think between the snow being really powdery under the crust and the weight of the O8S, just wasn't really doing well. Too deep. He gave up too quickly I think. I ended up putting the paddles on my Xmaxx. I thought they worked quite well, he almost gifted them to me before coming to his senses, LOL. He has an Xmaxx also, putting a G2 max6/4990 combo in it. He then brought out his v1 Maxx. Has brand new Jconcepts fling kings on it. They were working great till one came unglued. He lost his $hit and got mad. Kept bashing till he destroyed the foam then ultimately broke a front C hub or something.. then ended up sidelined after his K6 wouldn't work due to melted connectors. Adapters will bite ya eventually..
I think the stock OG Kaiju tires are great, just don't try going over say 40-50mph cuz I think they like to blow apart. But for general bashing they're pretty sweet, a good compound I think. Decent traction and tread life.
I really like the EXT over the OG for my use. The EXT still snaps around nicely for backflips, and drives better overall.
I'll eventually get an 8s truck and see what all the hype is about! For now my budget binds me to all the 1/10th scale stuff with the occasional 1/8th scale one (especially when redcat has their 25% off sales!).

Next time I go out I'll swap the OG tires onto the EXT to try it out (since the kaiju is still waiting on shock stuff anyway).

One of these times I'll get my gopro out and take some footage of the OG kaiju at the skatepark! Always fun to watch everyone else drive their favorite trucks.

I'll eventually get an 8s truck and see what all the hype is about! For now my budget binds me to all the 1/10th scale stuff with the occasional 1/8th scale one (especially when redcat has their 25% off sales!).

Next time I go out I'll swap the OG tires onto the EXT to try it out (since the kaiju is still waiting on shock stuff anyway).

One of these times I'll get my gopro out and take some footage of the OG kaiju at the skatepark! Always fun to watch everyone else drive their favorite trucks.
Smart man. I have too many to keep up with. Basically all of them need something, I mean, they all run but. Several of mine really need some overhauling, including my Kaiju, Xmaxx and both of my Arrmas. All the suspension and steering are quite sloppy.

Hey, @Hector_Fisher any feedback on the Arrma shock shafts? I repaired one of my RC rear shocks after breaking a C clip in a rear shock.. only to have that same shock fail again after 2 battery packs, LOL.
Looking at my options..

Just be more gentle with big airs!
What a ridiculous idea!!😉😂
JK..
You're right, and also why I managed to get 3 years out of the stock components. I only jump big in the winter..and no, I rarely make any sense at all..🤪🍻

I didn't mean to complain, it's not like the Kaiju hasn't held up, it has. I just look for improvements on the cheap, maybe some Arrma shafts will make the Kaiju shocks better? IDK.

Last edited:
The eclips break even if you land it perfectly on all fours.
Seems to be random order they are breaking too.
Hey, @Hector_Fisher any feedback on the Arrma shock shafts? I repaired one of my RC rear shocks after breaking a C clip in a rear shock.. only to have that same shock fail again after 2 battery packs, LOL.
Looking at my options..
Maybe it's too early to tell, but so far so good. I've done some big sends (one that cracked the brand new chassis in half, but it was 35 deg out), but the shocks seem to be handling well. I liked it so much I may do the fronts as well. Definitely makes it less bouncy. I think the thicker Arrma shock pistons and more/larger piston holes make the difference in durability for sure.

The eclips break even if you land it perfectly on all fours.
Which also means I don't send my stuff very hard apparently, given the fact that it took me 3 years to break them, LOL. I've had o rings leak, bladders too, which is why I have Bushmaster 6s buggy rear shocks on the front of my Kaiju. Whatever works I say!!😎

Which also means I don't send my stuff very hard apparently, given the fact that it took me 3 years to break them, LOL. I've had o rings leak, bladders too, which is why I have Bushmaster 6s buggy rear shocks on the front of my Kaiju. Whatever works I say!!😎

Yeah, really doesn’t start happening until you jump 15’+.

Just from the tuneability aspect, I'd choose the arrma stuff. So much easier to swap pistons, and the holes are actually clean, unlike having to drill my own. Not to mention, no need to disassemble the shock to change out a slippery e-clip. Can change out a piston without even removing the rod end.

Back