Anyone interested in the new Redcat KAIJU MT 1/8

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will say this Redcat is really stepping up their game, this is leaps and bounds better than a Redcat Volcano.
Let's hope so. I'll give it a shot if I see that it can take mild punishment. I wonder how it compares to the outcast 6s in size, durability etc ?.

Let's hope so. I'll give it a shot if I see that it can take mild punishment. I wonder how it compares to the outcast 6s in size, durability etc ?.

I know I went a bit overkill but I figured that these are the best comparable models. Sizewise it's in between the Outcast 6s and the Outcast 4s. Durability is still on the table.

Redcat Kaiju
  • Length 528mm
  • Width 410mm
  • Height 245mm
  • Wheelbase 309mm
Outcast 6s
  • Length 540mm
  • Width 461mm
  • Height 230mm
  • Wheelbase 328mm
Outcast 4s
  • Length 487mm
  • Width 407mm
  • Height 214mm
  • Wheelbase 287mm
Traxxas Maxx
  • Length 549mm
  • Width 367mm
  • Height 232mm
  • Wheelbase 329mm

Nice truck for the price! has good parts and nice design too (many areas are adjustable) ... but somehow to me, when i saw the video, it's like there is something seems unnatural with the way it lands from jump... i don't know what, maybe too bumpy? stiff suspension? or the driver style? or its designed that way? i don't know what :unsure: but its just different compare to if you see how Arrma's car jumps which just land naturally taking it, absorbed it and eats it..... anyway, never mind, probably i've seen too much Arrma or hpi savage videos :ROFLMAO: but yeah its still seems like a good truck.

Last edited:
Nice truck for the price! has good parts and nice design too (many areas are adjustable) ... but somehow to me, when i saw the video, it's like there is something seems unnatural with the way it lands from jump... i don't know what, maybe too bumpy? stiff suspension? or the driver style? or its designed that way? i don't know what :unsure: but its just different compare to if you see how Arrma's car jumps which just land naturally taking it, absorbed it and eats it..... anyway, never mind, probably i've seen too much Arrma or hpi savage videos :ROFLMAO: but yeah its still seems like a good truck.
He mentioned that it was 19 degrees Fahrenheit out when he shot the video. I'm guessing that had an effect on the shock oil and the suspension in general.

What intrigues me the most is that this is more of a true MT and that is something that Arrma does not offer. It's looks to have a pretty high center of gravity yet it doesn't seem very tipsy. It looked like it handled well. I wish it was a little bigger though.

He mentioned that it was 19 degrees Fahrenheit out when he shot the video. I'm guessing that had an effect on the shock oil and the suspension in general.

What intrigues me the most is that this is more of a true MT and that is something that Arrma does not offer. It's looks to have a pretty high center of gravity yet it doesn't seem very tipsy. It looked like it handled well. I wish it was a little bigger though.
Man I hope you get one. It's a bit smaller than the Outcast 6s from the specs.
I know I went a bit overkill but I figured that these are the best comparable models. Sizewise it's in between the Outcast 6s and the Outcast 4s. Durability is still on the table.

Redcat Kaiju
  • Length 528mm
  • Width 410mm
  • Height 245mm
  • Wheelbase 309mm
Outcast 6s
  • Length 540mm
  • Width 461mm
  • Height 230mm
  • Wheelbase 328mm
Outcast 4s
  • Length 487mm
  • Width 407mm
  • Height 214mm
  • Wheelbase 287mm
Traxxas Maxx
  • Length 549mm
  • Width 367mm
  • Height 232mm
  • Wheelbase 329mm
Thanks for that info.

Man I hope you get one. It's a bit smaller than the Outcast 6s from the specs.

Thanks for that info.
I'll be honest. I'm not going to be the guinea pig ? I need to see a lot of YouTube videos of it running on 6S and being bashed hard before I fork over my money. I know what I'm getting when I buy an Arrma. This is a total crapshoot for me. Now if someone wants to send me one to beat on, I'll be more than happy to ?

I'll be honest. I'm not going to be the guinea pig ? I need to see a lot of YouTube videos of it running on 6S and being bashed hard before I fork over my money. I know what I'm getting when I buy an Arrma. This is a total crapshoot for me. Now if someone wants to send me one to beat on, I'll be more than happy to ?
Hahahahahaha. Damn. Let's both sit back and watch then because there are plenty of Guinea pigs on YT. ??

OK screw it! I guess I'll be one of those Guinea pigs. I just ordered one ?. I'm not even going to run it until I see what the YouTube bashers say about it. I'm affraid the whole corona virus debacle might affect if I can buy one later on, but I could be wrong. ?

OK screw it! I guess I'll be one of those Guinea pigs. I just ordered one ?. I'm not even going to run it until I see what the YouTube bashers say about it. I'm affraid the whole corona virus debacle might affect if I can buy one later on, but I could be wrong. ?
I like your thinking, I bought so many rigs thru the years just because I liked the way they looked or just wanted to try one out, like a kid just buying a yo yo ?. If I didn't like it or just got tired of it, just sold it, gave away for practically nothing, or shelved it lol. I pi$$ed away so much dough over the years it's not funny. RC is evil!

I like your thinking, I bought so many rigs thru the years just because I liked the way they looked or just wanted to try one out, like a kid just buying a yo yo ?. If I didn't like it or just got tired of it, just sold it, gave away for practically nothing, or shelved it lol. I pi$$ed away so much dough over the years it's not funny. RC is evil!
If only I had the dog that pooped money I would buy them all.

Yup. And it's not too expensive at $399.

I just checked out the KAIJU in person at the LHS and it's sooo similar to the Maxx 4s! Even the bottom panels are very very similar. I hope Traxxas doesn't try to sue them. It looks beefie and durable at first glance.

I just checked out the KAIJU in person at the LHS and it's sooo similar to the Maxx 4s! Even the bottom panels are very very similar. I hope Traxxas doesn't try to sue them. It looks beefie and durable at first glance.
I thought the same thing. Those bulkhead supports look similar too. Maxx probably has it in durability just by the looks of them both. I just like the fact that it looks similar, but is 100$ cheaper and 6s. The traxxas guys will be furious.

I thought the same thing. Those bulkhead supports look similar too. Maxx probably has it in durability just by the looks of them both. I just like the fact that it looks similar, but is 100$ cheaper and 6s. The traxxas guys will be furious.
I talked with Greg from RC Driver Online about the truck and he really seemed enthusiastic about it. He said he has a colleague that has had one for testing for a while now and has beaten the crap out if it with no breakages. He also said it was all done on 4S though. If this truck can handle 6S I'll get it ?

BE19499E-0A99-4498-BAFB-CFD35ADD33D0.jpeg

I’m liking this thing better all the time...

I talked with Greg from RC Driver Online about the truck and he really seemed enthusiastic about it. He said he has a colleague that has had one for testing for a while now and has beaten the crap out if it with no breakages. He also said it was all done on 4S though. If this truck can handle 6S I'll get it ?
Nice. TBH, even though it's designed to handle 6s, it might be a bit too much for it due to the trucks size and weight, like I feel when I drive my Typhon 6s on 6s power . But that's subjective. Oh yeah, it even comes with a dust cover net for the electronics and front white leds and rear red leds. There's lots of value here from redcat. Some people might not like the size, but I'm OK with it. It's similar in size to the Maxx 4s. I might go to the LHS today and take some pics comparing it to the outcast 6s.

Back