Anyone interested in the new Redcat KAIJU MT 1/8

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found 3 different spurs that remotely look like they'll work. If none fit, then I'll break out the die grinder. I want to be able to break something on this thing without the spur giving out first.

I found 3 different spurs that remotely look like they'll work. If none fit, then I'll break out the die grinder. I want to be able to break something on this thing without the spur giving out first.
Have you tried running on 4s only? I had a good luck with the spur gear like that. It gave me enough time to tear up the other weak parts ?

Have you tried running on 4s only? I had a good luck with the spur gear like that. It gave me enough time to tear up the other weak parts ?
Nope, never :ROFLMAO: I haven't ran a 6s truck on 4s since my V1 Kraton. The Kaiju might be crazy enough to try it. Redcat has a ton of upgrades in the works for it but they have been forced into prioritizing current stock & replacement parts.

Nope, never :ROFLMAO: I haven't ran a 6s truck on 4s since my V1 Kraton. The Kaiju might be crazy enough to try it. Redcat has a ton of upgrades in the works for it but they have been forced into prioritizing current stock & replacement parts.
That's good to hear. I was going to bother them about it but it sounds like you already did. ?

Took her for a walk today ???

20200408_164254.jpg

I wish I can do that. My kaiju tracking says its stuck on a FedEx delivery truck. For the past two days. I haven't seen not one fedex truck since. I've seen UPS trucks. No fedex. They have no clue on what's going on. This sucks.

Did you blast it? Any upgrades?
I ran it up and down the street pulling massive wheelies while I walked a mile. It was a blast. It handles so well. ???

If you like your Outcast/Noto absolutely ???
Hey bud. I stole the ESC from my Redcat KAIJU that I have in pieces and installed it into my Maxx 4s (they stock one died on it). I can get the original ESC for the Kaiju, which is $180 or get a max 8 esc with motor included for the same price? $180. In my mind the motor/esc combo makes more sense no? It also comes with a higher 2600kv motor and I believe it's the same size. The stock Kaiju motor is 2100kv. I woud have to double check the dimensions of the motors. What do you think or suggest? Thanks for any help. I don't see a 2100kv motor on the hobbywing website. Just the 2600kv and 2200kv motors. I see that the lower Kv motor is more expensive? ?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/123763119038

Last edited:
Hey bud. Like I mentioned before, I lost the shim between the differential and cover on the outside. Here are the measurements. I'm trying to figure out what to replaced it with. Thanks.
20200408_211510.jpg
20200409_141815.jpg
20200409_141849.jpg
20200409_141922.jpg

Attachments

• 20200408_211510.jpg
    20200408_211510.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 18
  • 20200409_141815.jpg
    20200409_141815.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 20200409_141849.jpg
    20200409_141849.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 20200409_141922.jpg
    20200409_141922.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 15
Looks like a outcast knockoff. Just on a larger scale? Arrma might be time to step up and make a larger outcast????
Uh it's slightly smaller than the Outcast iirc.

And it looks nothing like it....
maxresdefault (3).jpg

This is a great thread. Lots of good info. I'm another one pondering a kaiju purchase. On one hand, it seems to have the best value of it's competitors, but on the other hand, it has some breakages that makes me want to wait for RPM or HR or T-Bone or MIP to make some upgrade parts. I'm currently debating getting the kaiju or the kronos to compliment the granite and 3s typhon. I want to wait, yet I want it now :D

Last edited:
This is a great thread. Lots of good info. I'm another one pondering a kaiju purchase. On one hand, it seems to have the best value of it's competitors, but on the other hand, it has some breakages that makes me want to wait for RPM or HR or T-Bone or MIP to make some upgrade parts. I'm currently debating getting the kaiju or the kronos to compliment the granite and 3s typhon. I want to wait, yet I want it now :D
Go for it, life's short!

Hey bud. I stole the ESC from my Redcat KAIJU that I have in pieces and installed it into my Maxx 4s (they stock one died on it). I can get the original ESC for the Kaiju, which is $180 or get a max 8 esc with motor included for the same price? $180. In my mind the motor/esc combo makes more sense no? It also comes with a higher 2600kv motor and I believe it's the same size. The stock Kaiju motor is 2100kv. I woud have to double check the dimensions of the motors. What do you think or suggest? Thanks for any help. I don't see a 2100kv motor on the hobbywing website. Just the 2600kv and 2200kv motors. I see that the lower Kv motor is more expensive? ?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/123763119038
In my opinion, the 2600 kv motor will too much for 6S. The truck is too fast on 6S with the 2100kv motor ? Now on 4S it should work but keep in mind it will have a faster top speed that what you were running ???

Go for it and get some extra parts for it. Every single RC has a weakness.
In my opinion, the 2600 kv motor will too much for 6S. The truck is too fast on 6S with the 2100kv motor ? Now on 4S it should work but keep in mind it will have a faster top speed that what you were running ???
I think that the easiest route would be to get an Arrma 6s ESC. I think it's the most affordable. Hehe. What do you think? Also the leads coming from the motor would attach directly to the Arrma ESC I believe.

Back