Anyone interested in the new Redcat KAIJU MT 1/8

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't even know where to start on this one so I'll just say :love::ROFLMAO: SUCCESS :LOL::love:

0409202005.jpg

0409202005a.jpg

Go for it and get some extra parts for it. Every single RC has a weakness.

I think that the easiest route would be to get an Arrma 6s ESC. I think it's the most affordable. Hehe. What do you think? Also the leads coming from the motor would attach directly to the Arrma ESC I believe.
If I were home I'd send you a BLX185 for free ??
I don't even know where to start on this one so I'll just say :love::ROFLMAO: SUCCESS :LOL::love:

View attachment 73961

View attachment 73962
Care to elaborate?

View attachment 73961

View attachment 73962
Care to elaborate?

Last edited:
Care to elaborate?
Wow. Great job. Elaborate please. I'm salivating. I'm about to change my stripped plastic spur gear ?
I'm getting to it. I'm going to make it as easy as possible. But first:

0409202051.jpg

0409202053.jpg

0409202055.jpg

0409202054.jpg

Ok, so the spur is Redcat # TMS-24. 46t, mod1, for the TR-SC10E. I had to do 4 basic things to get it to fit.

(1) Cut off the pegs on the diff cup. I used flush cutters for obvious reasons.
(2) Bore the 4 screw holes on the spur since the TR-SC10E used SAE hardware. I used a dremel & a thin diamond coated burr.
(3) Used a M10 washer & M6 washer to get the adequate spacing for the bearing on the spur.
(4) Bumped up the pinion to a 11t to keep a perfect gear mesh with all screws in place.

I can go into much more detail or make a video about it later. All I can say in the limited time I had it out is that the 46t/11t combo with the "no give" of the steel spur turns this thing into a real kaiju. If this truck had a God Mode, this would be it :ROFLMAO:

I noticed that the stock Arrma Kv is 2050kv, while the kv on the Kaiju is 2100kv, which is almost the same no? I'm going to give the Kaiju a whirl with the stock Arrma ESC and I'll see what happens. It should be OK.
I'm getting to it. I'm going to make it as easy as possible. But first:

View attachment 73971
View attachment 73972
View attachment 73973
View attachment 73974

Ok, so the spur is Redcat # TMS-24. 46t, mod1, for the TR-SC10E. I had to do 4 basic things to get it to fit.

(1) Cut off the pegs on the diff cup. I used flush cutters for obvious reasons.
(2) Bore the 4 screw holes on the spur since the TR-SC10E used SAE hardware. I used a dremel & a thin diamond coated burr.
(3) Used a M10 washer & M6 washer to get the adequate spacing for the bearing on the spur.
(4) Bumped up the pinion to a 11t to keep a perfect gear mesh with all screws in place.

I can go into much more detail or make a video about it later. All I can say in the limited time I had it out is that the 46t/11t combo with the "no give" of the steel spur turns this thing into a real kaiju. If this truck had a God Mode, this would be it :ROFLMAO:
Give me your PayPal, make me one. Take my $ ???. Who knows, maybe you can sell a whole bunch if it works and it's just ready to install ?. Or I can just stick to 4s and stay in my lane for now . Like I said before, I didn't have an issue on 4s at least with the spur gear.

Last edited:
Stinking FedEx lost my Kaiju. How can they lose a 14lb. Box? They said I have to wait until April 15th then I can report the loss to RC Planet. I thought that was their job. This really sucks.

Stinking FedEx lost my Kaiju. How can they lose a 14lb. Box? They said I have to wait until April 15th then I can report the loss to RC Planet. I thought that was their job. This really sucks.
That sucks! Yeah, that box is not small at all! Sorry to hear that.

I think I'm good with spares ?
View attachment 74081
Hehe. I just used some of my extra parts to put back together my other Kaiju that was in pieces. I'm still waiting for a steering link and the Arrma 6S ESC ?. Some of the drive cups that I've gone through. I also noticed that my motor mount was a bit bent, so I banged it with a BFH to make it look OK. So I guess there's no way to adjust the gear mesh on the Kaiju? I can't see how. It looks to be fixed like the Arrma granite 4x4 BLX, unless I'm missing something?
20200410_123340.jpg
20200410_123346.jpg
20200410_133416.jpg
20200410_134448.jpg

It looks like it's going to be nice. Only $399 too. Thoughts? I've heard that their current bashers are not that durable. :
https://www.redcatracing.com/products/kaiju

Every video I've seen of this running looks better than the one before it.

A good bash of it on 6s was posted by KillerOffRoadHobbyz on YouTube.

I think it's got quite the value to offer too. It's like 3 RC's in one, with 3s, 4s and 6s compatibility. Probably will be my first buy when I get into 1/8 scale.

I'd say go ahead if you're thinking about it. Check first what the spare parts availability is like though.

400 coins for a 6s rig with lights, gimme dat shiz.

Last edited:
Every video I've seen of this running looks better than the one before it.

A good bash of it was posted by killeroffroadrc on YouTube, I think that's his channel's name.

I think it's got quite the value to offer too. It's like 3 RC's in one, with 3s, 4s and 6s compatibility. Probably will be my first buy when I get into 1/8 scale.

I'd say go ahead if you're thinking about it. Check first what the spare parts availability is like though first.

400 coins for a 6s rig with lights, gimme dat shiz.
I have TWO of them. Hehe. Some weak parts we are working on solutions here in the forum, but parts support has been good so far. For sure it's a great value. One of us here have been bothering Redcat about upgrades for the Kaiju and they said they are working on them. I just sent them an email about that too. Let's see what they say.

I have TWO of them. Hehe. Some weak parts we are working on solutions here in the forum, but parts support has been good so far. For sure it's a great value. One of us here have been bothering Redcat about upgrades for the Kaiju and they said they are working on them. I just sent them an email about that too. Let's see what they say.

Haha. JayTee RC was joking about someone sayin he's got 2 of em in one of his Kaiju streams....I guess we know who that is now ?
I think I'm good with spares ?
View attachment 74081
Puttin that stimulus cheque to good use I see... ?

ATM, Redcat of all companies, has some of the best parts support & customer service around. They are willing to actually tell you their situation as well as their plans for the future of current products - while most others that don't begin with a T can't keep parts in stock to save themselves. The hush/hush stuff most others pull is annoying too, but I get it. However these are still bloody toys.

Haha. JayTee RC was joking about someone sayin he's got 2 of em in one of his Kaiju streams....I guess we know who that is now ?
I have 2 of them too, the other is still in the box. I'll fix that one up once I'm done treating this one like a Guinea pig :ROFLMAO:

ATM, Redcat of all companies, has some of the best parts support & customer service around. They are willing to actually tell you their situation as well as their plans for the future of current products - while most others that don't begin with a T can't keep parts in stock to save themselves. The hush/hush stuff most others pull is annoying too, but I get it. However these are still bloody toys.

I have 2 of them too, the other is still in the box. I'll fix that one up once I'm done treating this one like a Guinea pig :ROFLMAO:

Man, you're sure Kai-chewing your way through those.

Any heads up on the parts expected to go first when bashing those would be appreciated ??

Any heads up on the parts expected to go first when bashing those would be appreciated ??
The silly thin screw for the wheelie bar bending, bumper, upper control arms, spur, body mounts, drive cups - in no order. Some have busted little to none of these & some have wrecked the whole damn truck. 6s will do that to it. I had to gear it up in order to use the steel spur so now it's a ballistic missile . . .

Drive cups (I've broken like 4), front upper control arms and rear upper control arms (I've broken the upper front ones mostly), body mounts, spur gear, front bumper, lower front bumper, rear lower bumper. ?

The silly thin screw for the wheelie bar bending, bumper, upper control arms, spur, body mounts, drive cups - in no order. Some have busted little to none of these & some have wrecked the whole damn truck. 6s will do that to it. I had to gear it up in order to use the steel spur so now it's a ballistic missile . . .
Goddang, no wonder you bought 2 of those ?
You sure spared us a ton of downtime with that champ.

Thankz ??

Goddang, no wonder you bought 2 of those ?
You sure spared us a ton of downtime with that champ.

Thankz ??
I know it's a Bible now, but read through the entire thread for ideas on how to reinforce this devil. We have a few ??.

Back