Anyone interested in the new Redcat KAIJU MT 1/8

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks like I'm going to have to try that metal spur gear :

This is what I'm working with when it comes to the upper arms. It's insurmountably stronger than the stock arm.

0621201721.jpg

Thanks to this thread, I feel better knowing why I will never buy a Redcat car anything anymore. . And Kaiju.....

Thanks to this thread, I feel better knowing why I will never buy a Redcat car anything anymore. . And Kaiju.....
Too bad. To be fair, from what I have seen and read, all RTR vehicles from any company have weaknesses. ALL OF THEM. That's been my experience with Traxxas, Arrma and Redcat (only the Kaiju).

Too bad. To be fair, from what I have seen and read, all RTR vehicles from any company have weaknesses. ALL OF THEM. That's been my experience with Traxxas, Arrma and Redcat (only the Kaiju).
The only fault the redcat Gen8 Axe has is it’s too awesome. Best rtr ever...even the tires everyone complains about are just fine once they have a few miles on them.

The only fault the redcat Gen8 Axe has is it’s too awesome. Best rtr ever...even the tires everyone complains about are just fine once they have a few miles on them.
Besides the weak body, upper control arms, drive cups, weak rear body mounts, and the one that bothers me the most the stripping plastic spur gear on 6s, the Kaiju is awesome. Great tires, ESC, chassis, motor, decent radio, the PRICE, 6s capable (with a steel spur), it's fast, it's very easy to work on, and it's not that small.

Jesus. It just needs wings now. The Kaiju is a rocket with the stock motor and esc on 6s ?.

I bought it for my pro MT but didn’t want to wait for the castle ESC to be warrantied and shipped. Took 5 weeks to get it so I bought a Hw system for the PRoMT. That’s an insane MT! Anywho, this combo in the kaiju is nice, I love the tuneability Vs the 5 settings on the stock kaiju Hw knock off.. Sensored in this truck is sweet!

Original or extra crispy, I prefer the crunchy stuff myself . . .

0622202052.jpg

Seriously, do this. All you need is the spur #LOSA3556, a 8x19x6mm bearing, a washer (I used a stainless steel washer from Menards almost the same diameter as the bearing, & an Arrma or Losi O-ring. The original O-ring is too large for the spur. The Losi O-ring is perfect (obviously) but the Arrma 6S O-ring will fit too. I also put the bearing on the spur side so the bearing would sit flush.

0622202203.jpg

0622202147.jpg

0622202156.jpg

I mean if we all felt like that about all the RTR, we would NEVER buy anything because all of them need tweaking from the people who buy them no? ?
Original or extra crispy, I prefer the crunchy stuff myself . . .

View attachment 86764

Seriously, do this. All you need is the spur #LOSA3556, a 8x19x6mm bearing, a washer (I used a stainless steel washer from Menards almost the same diameter as the bearing, & an Arrma or Losi O-ring. The original O-ring is too large for the spur. The Losi O-ring is perfect (obviously) but the Arrma 6S O-ring will fit too. I also put the bearing on the spur side so the bearing would sit flush.

View attachment 86775
View attachment 86776
View attachment 86777
Nice. So pretty much any washer would work? I already have the bearing and the losi spur is on its way. Arrma oring? Like the one for the diffs because I have those too. And you also need a stronger pinion? I was thinking of using the stock one.

I mean if we all felt like that about all the RTR, we would NEVER buy anything because all of them need tweaking from the people who buy them no? ?

Nice. So pretty much any washer would work? I already have the bearing and the losi spur is on its way. Arrma oring? Like the one for the diffs because I have those too.

I want someone to show me a $400 rc car that is as capable out of the box that doesn't need some work.

Nice. So pretty much any washer would work? I already have the bearing and the losi spur is on its way. Arrma oring? Like the one for the diffs because I have those too.
Yeah, the orange o-ring. As for the washer, it needs to be 1mm thick. Any thicker won't work. Usually, SS washers are on the thin side so it should work as long as it fits the spur.

I want someone to show me a $400 rc car that is as capable out of the box that doesn't need some work.
I'm sure I felt the same way about Redcat at some point, but they won me back over when they hooked up with Team Magic. 2nd best move they made right after designing their own stuff. It was probably the Blackout that ticked me off the most, easily one of the worst things I ever owned - going beyond RC into everything I ever bought :ROFLMAO: OK, that's a bit much but it was that bad.

Yeah, the orange o-ring. As for the washer, it needs to be 1mm thick. Any thicker won't work. Usually, SS washers are on the thin side so it should work as long as it fits the spur.

I'm sure I felt the same way about Redcat at some point, but they won me back over when they hooked up with Team Magic. 2nd best move they made right after designing their own stuff. It was probably the Blackout that ticked me off the most, easily one of the worst things I ever owned - going beyond RC into everything I ever bought :ROFLMAO: OK, that's a bit much but it was that bad.

Is this the O-ring that would work?

https://www.hobbytown.com/losi-5ivet-2.0-differential-oring-gasket-set-3-los252097/p800208

He's been trolling this thread, has a hard on for Redcat with nothing but negative comments. If I remember right thought he said he will stay out of this thread and not comment.
I've noticed that, hence my post.

:ROFLMAO:
This thread is about anyone interested in the RC Kaiju. And I have no interest. I will agree that some like RC products and fixing them all day long if they can get part support easy enough. I think everyone knows I like quality stuff. RC can't hold a candle to Arrma in durability and design. RC pricepoint is deceiving as well. Marketing at its best. The Kaiju is just a 4s rig overpowered with with 6s for the " wow it is fast" factor". Speed sells. I noticed those who supposedly enjoy the Kaiju along with its fundamental design flaws with Very cheap parts.plastic spur with 6s. that's ludicrous. That's what I expect from RedCat. Team Magic is just a marketing tool. Everyone fell for it. The Gen 8 Axe is overpriced but appears otherwise to many. And the fancy gen 8 body fools the majority also. I like Hw. But the Axe is not all that. It's a closed system. 99 percent of all here disagree with me. That's ok too. I don't pretend to be the be all end all. Just honest.

Back