Anyone interested in the new Redcat KAIJU MT 1/8

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:ROFLMAO:
This thread is about anyone interested in the RC Kaiju. And I have no interest. I will agree that some like RC products and fixing them all day long if they can get part support easy enough. I think everyone knows I like quality stuff. RC can't hold a candle to Arrma in durability and design. RC pricepoint is deceiving as well. Marketing at its best. The Kaiju is just a 4s rig overpowered with with 6s for the " wow it is fast" factor". Speed sells. I noticed those who supposedly enjoy the Kaiju along with its fundamental design flaws with Very cheap parts.plastic spur with 6s. that's ludicrous. That's what I expect from RedCat. Team Magic is just a marketing tool. Everyone fell for it. The Gen 8 Axe is overpriced but appears otherwise to many. And the fancy gen 8 body fools the majority also. I like Hw. But the Axe is not all that. It's a closed system. 99 percent of all here disagree with me. That's ok too. I don't pretend to be the be all end all. Just honest.

Please tell me you are joking about Arrmas cars being better. Arrmas cars are riddled with stupid issues too you know.

These are the most common problems with the Arrma lineups.

3s and 4s lineup, radio is garbage, needs bearings out of the box, servos are mediocre, a arms are made of glass, chassis snap, center driveshaft melts, slipper comes apart, motor mount preset mesh is too tight, motor mount bends, 3s models shred spurs, shocks leak and plastic driveshafts pop out or break.

6s lineup, radio is garbage, needs bearings out of the box, servo is mediocre, plastic chassis braces break, chassis bends, shock towers bend, rod ends break and wing mount is made of glass.

Oh no the Redcat Kaiju has a plastic spur, the diff cups break sometimes and so does the upper a arm. Yup it's crap ?

You aren't interested in this car then go. Please keep your one sided opinions out of this thread.

Arrma is not high end. But 6s series is dam close. I would rather spend $400. on a second Lim.
I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings because they own a RCat. I ONLY buy Arrma 6 s rigs among other brands You can have the rest of Arrmas lineup. The Arrma 6 s lineup is the easiest to own and maintain.The reason I periodically say what I do here on this thread is because this is an Arma forum. When it comes to brands like RCat I'll have my say. There are many on AF that don't speak their experience with RC. They move on. I choose not to. I don't need to own another 3rd RCat to speak about it. I don't go way easy. I'll be back here in another month as usual. KAIJU hype is dead already. And I like to break shoes. Its all in jest to.some extent. And there can be truth in jest.
:cool:

Arrma is not high end. But 6s series is dam close. I would rather spend $400. on a second Lim.
I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings because they own a RCat. I ONLY buy Arrma 6 s rigs among other brands You can have the rest of Arrmas lineup. The Arrma 6 s lineup is the easiest to own and maintain.The reason I periodically say what I do here on this thread is because this is an Arma forum. When it comes to brands like RCat I'll have my say. There are many on AF that don't speak their experience with RC. They move on. I choose not to. I don't need to own another 3rd RCat to speak about it. I don't go way easy. I'll be back here in another month as usual. KAIJU hype is dead already. And I like to break shoes. Its all in jest to.some extent. And there can be truth in jest.
:cool:
You are going to be back in a month? I thought you said the Kaiju was already dead? I think that you are hurting yourself by holding a grudge against a freaking toy ?. I find it amusing. Man the Kaiju is such a POS that I have TWO OF THEM ?.

I have 2 Acme MMt's because I wanted a second one for parts... LOL And my "runner" is currently sitting broke. I have the parts, but get tired of fixing that truck every run.
Well all of my rigs break almost every run. I don't care what brand it is. Just saying. I also have two xmaxx 8s trucks. They suck too ?. Man I must be dumb or something. Or maybe, just maybe I base my opinions on my own personal experiences. I'm here to talk about how we can make our RC’S better. ?

Please tell me you are joking about Arrmas cars being better. Arrmas cars are riddled with stupid issues too you know.

These are the most common problems with the Arrma lineups.

3s and 4s lineup, radio is garbage, needs bearings out of the box, servos are mediocre, a arms are made of glass, chassis snap, center driveshaft melts, slipper comes apart, motor mount preset mesh is too tight, motor mount bends, 3s models shred spurs, shocks leak and plastic driveshafts pop out or break.

6s lineup, radio is garbage, needs bearings out of the box, servo is mediocre, plastic chassis braces break, chassis bends, shock towers bend, rod ends break and wing mount is made of glass.

Oh no the Redcat Kaiju has a plastic spur, the diff cups break sometimes and so does the upper a arm. Yup it's crap ?

You aren't interested in this car then go. Please keep your one sided opinions out of this thread.
This is complete and utter nonsense. Their a-arms have been proven to be made from gorilla glass, not normal silica based glass.

??

Well all of my rigs break almost every run. I don't care what brand it is. Just saying. I also have two xmaxx 8s trucks. They suck too ?. Man I must be dumb or something. Or maybe, just maybe I base my opinions on my own personal experiences. I'm here to talk about how we can make our RC’S better. ?
I could break my entire fleet at once if I wanted to. The only thing closest to a natural jump around me is my cliff of doom in the woods. The highest part isn't sheer & there are tons of trees to hit on the way down. It's probably the easiest place where I could get a car stuck in a tree. I smashed up my X-Maxx a few times on it & totaled my Outcast 3 times trying to cliff-proof the thing. That thing hasn't seen any action since I broke the X-Maxx in half after hitting a well-placed dead maple husk . . .

I could break my entire fleet at once if I wanted to. The only thing closest to a natural jump around me is my cliff of doom in the woods. The highest part isn't sheer & there are tons of trees to hit on the way down. It's probably the easiest place where I could get a car stuck in a tree. I smashed up my X-Maxx a few times on it & totaled my Outcast 3 times trying to cliff-proof the thing. That thing hasn't seen any action since I broke the X-Maxx in half after hitting a well-placed dead maple husk . . .
I was running on grass with the xmaxx, 1600kv motor on 8s with 50/20 gearing and didn't see a damn curb that they put for drainage. I cracked the front of the chassis, broke the upper bulkhead, I bent the center driveshaft, and broke a front drive cup going about 40mph I'm assuming. What a POS that xmaxx is ??. I bent the crap out of my stock Arrma Kraton 6s v4 chassis while doing a 20ft jump off my small ramps. What a POS that Kraton is. I could go on and on ?

This Kaiju is a bit of an enigma. For all of the cheap parts that's on this truck, the core is the most solid I've seen in a plastic tub RC. The problem I have with the Maxx & X-Maxx is that the bulkheads/towers bolt directly into the chassis, so when it breaks, your ripping up diffs, driveshafts, etc. just as you would with any normal metal RC with the diffs & bulkheads bolted straight into the chassis. But with the Trx designs, there's ton of flex across the whole 3-piece mess, which is terrible for the drivetrain components. The Kaiju's bulkheads are completely independent from the chassis & towers so they don't bare the brunt of impacts. I love this design. It's the same on the R5. The only thing about this design is that the towers need to be braced & the parts that attach the diffs/bulkheads to the chassis need to be super strong. The last thing I'll probably break on the Kaiju is the chassis no matter how crazy I jump it. As for the big immovable object, nothing will survive that - like it should be :ROFLMAO:

The Kaiju has me making my own parts again & I really can't mess it up no matter how bogus the mods are, & I tried some pretty stupid stuff before I stopped screwing around with it. Yet, the thing is still running. The motor hasn't blown up from running it 4 teeth total over stock in 90+ heat. The center diff hasn't exploded being stuffed full of ear plugs. Hell, it even comes with a servo that is used as a replacement for the crappy Arrmas. I'll keep my 2 Kaiju(s) for now. I even don't mind looking at the bone stock one. It's helping me keep the modded one with the right specs. I would of screwed up the arms a long time ago without it.

This Kaiju is a bit of an enigma. For all of the cheap parts that's on this truck, the core is the most solid I've seen in a plastic tub RC. The problem I have with the Maxx & X-Maxx is that the bulkheads/towers bolt directly into the chassis, so when it breaks, your ripping up diffs, driveshafts, etc. just as you would with any normal metal RC with the diffs & bulkheads bolted straight into the chassis. But with the Trx designs, there's ton of flex across the whole 3-piece mess, which is terrible for the drivetrain components. The Kaiju's bulkheads are completely independent from the chassis & towers so they don't bare the brunt of impacts. I love this design. It's the same on the R5. The only thing about this design is that the towers need to be braced & the parts that attach the diffs/bulkheads to the chassis need to be super strong. The last thing I'll probably break on the Kaiju is the chassis no matter how crazy I jump it. As for the big immovable object, nothing will survive that - like it should be :ROFLMAO:

The Kaiju has me making my own parts again & I really can't mess it up no matter how bogus the mods are, & I tried some pretty stupid stuff before I stopped screwing around with it. Yet, the thing is still running. The motor hasn't blown up from running it 4 teeth total over stock in 90+ heat. The center diff hasn't exploded being stuffed full of ear plugs. Hell, it even comes with a servo that is used as a replacement for the crappy Arrmas. I'll keep my 2 Kaiju(s) for now. I even don't mind looking at the bone stock one. It's helping me keep the modded one with the right specs. I would of screwed up the arms a long time ago without it.
I've yet to break a bulkhead on my Maxx 4s. What I've broken the most is the steering knuckles where the hinge pins go from top to bottom ?. I have broken a few bulkheads on the xmaxx trucks though.

You are going to be back in a month? I thought you said the Kaiju was already dead? I think that you are hurting yourself by holding a grudge against a freaking toy ?. I find it amusing. Man the Kaiju is such a POS that I have TWO OF THEM ?.
I don't rain on anyones parade. Because the fun factor is most important for RC'ers and is very subjective. I find it funny that this thread is still going strong, so I read on and once in a while I do respond. But for the most part I do hold my tongue.

I have 2 Acme MMt's because I wanted a second one for parts... LOL And my "runner" is currently sitting broke. I have the parts, but get tired of fixing that truck every run.
Fixing RC rigs is the norm. But when you struggle with broken parts and bad designs, to me it gets tired real fast. Can't fault Rcat for trying, but it was a fail in my eyes. Its a great learning rig I guess. Because you have to get real $creative$ to undo its flaws???? So very little support and all. Just run the Kaiju on 4S and you might have better luck with it? That plastic spur gear may give you more out of it. That supposed inexpensive $400. price tag becomes not so inexpensive very fast out the box. I always welcome opposing opinions.:cool:

Last edited:
Fixing RC rigs is the norm. But when you struggle with broken parts and bad designs, to me it gets tired real fast. Can't fault Rcat for trying, but it was a fail in my eyes. Its a great learning rig I guess. Because you have to get real $creative$ to undo its flaws???? So very little support and all. Just run the Kaiju on 4S and you might have better luck with it? That plastic spur gear may give you more out of it. That supposed inexpensive $400. price tag becomes not so inexpensive very fast out the box. I always welcome opposing opinions.:cool:
The 6s Arrmas NEED an M2c chassis $130, need an upgraded servo $25, need a radio/receiver $50, need $100 shock towers, chassis braces $50, plus the $520 price tag, the shielded bearings have to go $20, my pillow balls pop out almost every run ($50 on HR racing hubs), man that's sooo affordable right? Almost $1k and it STILL BREAKS. The rear wing mounts break very easily too $12. Arrma tough. See? I only concentrated on the NEGATIVE like you do with the Kaiju. That can be done with every single RC that exists. ???

With my Arrma 6S rigs, i did not think the shielded bearings are horrible at all. They lasted as long if not longer than upgrade sealed bearings by all the popular upgrade brands. The stock shielded bearing actually spin faster. And sealed upgrades are a mixed bag anyway. No better or worse. I don't need an M2C chassis. Never bent mine beyond use . M2C is expensive. It is overkill for most IMO. And just Bling. Will I get one? Maybe down the road. But its not necessary. The stock T2T brace sleeved with CF rod solved any chassis issue for me. I don't send my rigs literally 50ft in the air as a rule. And I don't hit things like walls and mailboxes etc. Again everyone has differing expectations and big air will require big money. I don't feel a Rx/Tx is a a selling point feature or detracts from ANY rig I buy. I have my own radio set, because I've been into RC for quite awhile. To a newb maybe it does matter. ALL RTR radios are minimal and junk anyway, no matter the brand. I never broke plastic f/r braces or mangled my shock towers. Never broke a wing, just the wing mounts which is inexpensive protection by Arrmas intended design. But we all drive differently. And, my rigs are NOT shelf queens by any means.:cool:
edit: At least Arrma has upgrade support in place. Redcat never did. I don't see M2C quick to make anything for Rcat. We can wait, butI wouldnt hold my breath.

Last edited:
Exhibit A:

0625201753.jpg

With the ZD parts, rod ends, losi spur, rear hubs, & misc plastic rods I have about $120 (half of that was the rear hubs :rolleyes:) in it. I'm sure I can beat it to death but it's surviving all of those bad wild jumps that wrecked it before & that's all I need it to do.

Exhibit B:

0228191429 (Copy).jpg

Creativity . . . YES :ROFLMAO:

I did end up buying RPM arms, HR hubs, & the Arrma center diff upgrade so I have about ~$150 in it but it looked like this for a very long time before those upgrades. It can roll away from anything I can give it. The only thing that happens every now & then is I bend a shock tower, which is cured with a BFH.

With my Arrma 6S rigs, i did not think the shielded bearings are horrible at all. They lasted as long if not longer than upgrade sealed bearings by all the popular upgrade brands. The stock shielded bearing actually spin faster. And sealed upgrades are a mixed bag anyway. No better or worse. I don't need an M2C chassis. Never bent mine beyond use . M2C is expensive. It is overkill for most IMO. And just Bling. Will I get one? Maybe down the road. But its not necessary. The stock T2T brace sleeved with CF rod solved any chassis issue for me. I don't send my rigs literally 50ft in the air as a rule. And I don't hit things like walls and mailboxes etc. Again everyone has differing expectations and big air will require big money. I don't feel a Rx/Tx is a a selling point feature or detracts from ANY rig I buy. I have my own radio set, because I've been into RC for quite awhile. To a newb maybe it does matter. ALL RTR radios are minimal and junk anyway, no matter the brand. I never broke plastic f/r braces or mangled my shock towers. Never broke a wing, just the wing mounts which is inexpensive protection by Arrmas intended design. But we all drive differently. And, my rigs are NOT shelf queens by any means.:cool:
edit: At least Arrma has upgrade support in place. Redcat never did. I don't see M2C quick to make anything for Rcat. We can wait, butI wouldnt hold my breath.

You do realize that a vast majority of the aftermarket for Arrma has come about in the last 1-2 years right? The platform is almost 6 years old btw, so it took nearly 4 years for there to be a substantial aftermarket for them. Comparing a 6 year old platform to a platform that is about 6 months old is like comparing a bottle of wine to a bag of grapes.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, RCat is usually a bag of bitter grapes. Not the best for aging wine. And I still have that bitter taste in my mouth from my RCats of past. As well as a bitter experience with my direct contacts with RCat. Down right rude, obnoxious with no RC technical support whatsoever. Placed an order that was on B/O for months. They left me hanging. Periodic calls to them proved to me that they are a lame RC company. I just tossed the RCats for lack of parts support and said never again. I am partial to the Arrma 6s lineup. There's just enough of aftermarket support for them. This is only my opinion. If the Kaiju brings fun to others, that's what matters, great. We all have different tastes. Honestly, its not so much that I don't like Kaiju, its the people on the other end of the phone at Rcat. I explained that very early on. I may be alone on this here with this thread, but elsewhere I am not alone. I would buy a Traxxasss before a Rcat if I had to choose one.:cool:

You do realize that a vast majority of the aftermarket for Arrma has come about in the last 1-2 years right? The platform is almost 6 years old btw, so it took nearly 4 years for there to be a substantial aftermarket for them. Comparing a 6 year old platform to a platform that is about 6 months old is like comparing a bottle of wine to a bag of grapes.
Upgrade support was a bit slow for The 6S Arrmas because Arrma could have easily gone the way of Team Durango. Gone. Hobbico's dilemma slowed interest in Arrma aftermarket support. R and D by aftermarkets was halted. Horizon saved Arrma, and in that period upgraders jumped aboard. Many upgrade companies got burned with Team Durango. That's the way I see it at least. I wanted a 6S OC during the Hobbico debacle, but I waited more than a year later before I purchased my OC( my first Arrma rig) I let the air clear first. Arrma become even more successful with HH. But it could have easily gone the other way with no more Arrma. I tend to focus on the company before the product.

Back