Anyone interested in the new Redcat KAIJU MT 1/8

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What are you using these for on the Kaiju?
They are the titanium versions of the crappy steel ZD stuff I used for the arms I made. I bought them before I found that the Redcat Monsoon was pretty much the ZD buggy & the dirt cheap turnbuckles it came with were much better quality than the ZD stuff. I'll use the titanium buckles on the stock truck when I start on it.

Sitting here at this early hour starring at a few of my non Arrma rigs and have always wondered about the Kaiju wheelbase compared to other trucks, so got off my butt and compared it to one of my oldschool Tmaxx nitros and behold they're the same. So does this make the Tmaxx a stunt truck lol.
20200703_025749.jpg
20200703_025914.jpg
?‍♂️?

Sitting here at this early hour starring at a few of my non Arrma rigs and have always wondered about the Kaiju wheelbase compared to other trucks, so got off my butt and compared it to one of my oldschool Tmaxx nitros and behold they're the same. So does this make the Tmaxx a stunt truck lol.View attachment 87991View attachment 87992 ?‍♂️?
I had a few T's myself . . . & an E. The E's only stunt feature was breaking in half :rolleyes: If Trx was smart enough, they would have made the E with a T chassis, like the Rival. I still have that thing with all the GPM stuff that made it beasty. I even managed to fit an X-Maxx slipper eliminator in there so it could have a steel spur.

BTW, I found by accident rear aluminum hubs that will work & they're dirt cheap so I can completely trick out the Kaiju to beast mode for less than a full-course meal :cool:

Last edited:
We talkin Gibson's Steak House or the all you can eat local hog trough?
With the ExPre hubs - Gibson's, with the cheapo hubs - Hog Wild (I'm eating one of their bigass $7 burgers right now) :ROFLMAO: It's pick your poison. The bearings fit right in the dirt cheap hubs while I'll rather not have to burr out the ExPre hubs a 2nd time :rolleyes: Now I just need to figure out what car they came from . . .

There was a glut for alot of the Chinese sourced RC stuff. Will be that way for a while. May not return the way things were. Supply chain wise.
Any updates on upgrades? What is in the works by Redcat and others? When can we expect them to hit the market?

Trying to decide whether to stock up on spare parts or wait for upgrades to be available is killing me. Haven't broken anything yet, except the rear body mount.
With RedCat, most upgrades came from inhouse. Not many upgrade co. want to risk investing in RC.

Maybe I'm hooked on this thing :ROFLMAO: I wanted to make the arm a bit more reliable so I took the Redcat Monsoon upper rear arm & hacked it up to replace the white HDPE. I finally got tired of the bending steering links so I combined the other ends of the Monsoon arm with the 5x40mm titanium turnbuckles. Also, there is such a thing as too much steering. The ZD stuff combined with the 35kg servo had the car jackknifing at 25% dual rate when I could throw the stock setup to 75% & still be good. So I went back to the stock steering stuff.

20200705_180247.jpg

20200705_180308.jpg

20200705_180325.jpg

20200705_180706.jpg

20200705_181825.jpg

^^^ I prefer understeer myself. Changing the built-in Ackerman can go against you.:geek:

^^^ I prefer understeer myself. Changing the built-in Ackerman can go against you.:geek:
That's probably a bit of it too. I did have to remove some plastic from the chassis above the Ackerman because it would rub a little. BUT (huge elephant here) on the completely stock truck with the dual rate at 100%, the tip of the servo saver that connects to the servo link would make contact with the driveshaft :rolleyes: Chinesium at its best :ROFLMAO: I wouldn't of bothered if it wasn't so weak. It's way too thin to be plastic.

Even more impressed with the Kaiju after today's run. Had a high speed off center hit with a curb that sent the car about 6 ft in the air. Hit hard on the front right wheel, and there are no damage. Really thought I had broken something up front. My kid if going to love inheriting this truck I my EXB comes in.

So no one makes a Metal Spur gear for the Kaiju?
Stripped mine last night.

^^^ Great informative video. Solved the most important issue with the Kaiju.
Why doesn't Redcat have the wisdom, knowledge, creativity, ability, smarts or just common decency to offer a steel spur upgrade? I guess common sense is in short supply these days. They could make a $bundle$ on all the owners of the Kaiju. They could even charge whatever they wanted to and most owners would still line up. All the while fooling Kaiju owners into thinking RedCat supports their customers and products. A win win if you ask me.
TLR is going to make that bundle of money instead. (y)Go Team RCT! ;)

Last edited:
^^^ Great informative video. Solved the most important issue with the Kaiju.
Why doesn't Redcat have the wisdom, knowledge, creativity, ability, smarts or just common decency to offer a steel spur upgrade? I guess common sense is in short supply these days. They could make a $bundle$ on all the owners of the Kaiju. They could even charge whatever they wanted to and most owners would still line up. All the while fooling Kaiju owners into thinking RedCat supports their customers and products. A win win if you ask me.
TLR is going to make that bundle of money instead. (y)Go Team RCT! ;)
It only took Arrma years to come up with a 7075 chassis of their own. Can you believe that?

It only took Arrma years to come up with a 7075 chassis of their own. Can you believe that?
Oh the irony :cool:

I always find it funny the people who will point out the faults in other products all the while praising another, only to complain about the same product they were just praising in another thread. We need more people like this on here :rolleyes:

@SrC If you have nothing to add to this thread then move on and go about your business elsewhere.

Last edited:
Yesterday I was doing backflips off the chain link fence like I do with my rigs at work. Well I was only on 4s but the plastic spur gear gave up the ghost. I already have the 48t metal spur gear and the required bearing. The only thing missing is the washer that I have to go buy.

I always find it funny the people who will point out the faults in other products all the while praising another, only to complain about the same product they were just praising in another thread. We need more people like this on here :rolleyes:

@SrC If you have nothing to add to this thread then move on and go about your business elsewhere.

I am curious why this thread on Arrma Forum wants to promote Redcat. Is Redcat somehow affiliated or permeating AF? Tossing my opinions aside. Am I hurting the feelings of other Redcat Kaiju owners. Not my intent. But it definitely touches a nerve here. If this was a Redcat Forum I would be considered a Troll, right? Yet that's how I am being treated here? That's what it appears like at this juncture and a fairly old thread that it is. The Title of this thread is self explanatory. I just don't advocate others buying Redcat. I explained why. If you do have one. That's fine too. And I appreciate the effort and creativity that goes into owning a Kaiju. Truly. That's what I enjoy most about participating in this thread! I just have alternative views regarding same, and maybe others considering "Interested" or not in a Kaiju may feel my thoughts matter with some degree of validity. Perhaps they have the same view as myself?
@slick2500, I agree with you 99% of the time. But here you seem firm against me. That's disconcerting IMHO. Maybe I hit a soft spot with someone or many. Whoever that is, it is not with malice. I know you have a job to do here.
Your reply is confusing and not clear to me, just that I am not welcome here on this thread? :unsure:

I am curious why this thread on Arrma Forum wants to promote Redcat. Is Redcat somehow affiliated or permeating AF? Tossing my opinions aside. Am I hurting the feelings of other Redcat Kaiju owners. Not my intent. But it definitely touches a nerve here. If this was a Redcat Forum I would be considered a Troll, right? Yet that's how I am being treated here? That's what it appears like at this juncture and a fairly old thread that it is. The Title of this thread is self explanatory. I just don't advocate others buying Redcat. I explained why. If you do have one. That's fine too. And I appreciate the effort and creativity that goes into owning a Kaiju. Truly. That's what I enjoy most about participating in this thread! I just have alternative views regarding same, and maybe others considering "Interested" or not in a Kaiju may feel my thoughts matter with some degree of validity. Perhaps they have the same view as myself?
@slick2500, I agree with you 99% of the time. But here you seem firm against me. That's disconcerting IMHO. Maybe I hit a soft spot with someone or many. Whoever that is, it is not with malice. I know you have a job to do here.
Your reply is confusing and not clear to me, just that I am not welcome here on this thread? :unsure:
I think they are mad at you because you just concentrate on the "bad things" about the Kaiju and will never buy one. Some of us enjoy buying rigs and making them better with testing (isn't that what the RC hobby is about?). Well, it's in the "general chaos" section. Some other people have posted about other brands in this section too. Do you have an issue with that also? Just go buy a Kaiju if you hate it so much ??

I think they are mad at you because you just concentrate on the "bad things" about the Kaiju and will never buy one. Some of us enjoy buying rigs and making them better with testing (isn't that what the RC hobby is about?). Well, it's in the "general chaos" section. Some other people have posted about other brands in this section too. Do you have an issue with that also? Just go buy a Kaiju if you hate it so much ??
I respect your position. You raise a good point. I concede.
The Kaiju has been on B/O for a while. It must be a hot item these days. When I pick one up I will share my experiences with it. Then I will become a member of the little club here and just may have positive things to say. My "chaos" wont be a big deal anymore. :unsure: I am not a hater of the Kaiju by any means. I just had experienced the "bad things" that RedCat did to me. I would expect more from a US based RC brand when I call them directly, preorder parts and wait 4+ months to find out indefinite B/O. The Kaiju is very cheap and affordable for a 6S rig. As is for many. I agree on that. The coin for me is not the issue.

Back