Anyone interested in the new Redcat KAIJU MT 1/8

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't have to bind mine because I threw the stock RX/TX away. I wouldn't think you'd need to bind if you use the stock stuff though. To keep the motor cooler I'm using the HR HS with a WTF fan. Works incredibly well. I'm currently waiting on my steel spur, cant wait to rip it around again! The LED lights are wires soldered onto the LED leads wrapped in heat shrink. I had to re-solder one of mine as well, easy peasy.

View attachment 98225
Thanks Man, have to definitely do something about motor heat, will look into what you're running. ?

Got the Redcat steel spur installed, Missed this truck!

IMG_1013 (1).JPG
IMG_1014 (1).JPG

Got my first batch of parts in too:

20200908_191319.jpg

The hubs & steering parts are in 7075. The arm mounts are 6061. They feel ultra light weight & the finish of them is actually really good, like they were given a pumice bath. I'll take this finish over some nasty anodized mess any day. You can still see slight areas of machining on each part but everything is butter smooth. These are not the usual cheap HSP junk Redcat pounds out all the time. The spur is HEAVY, & nowhere near the quality of the Losi spur but it is a bolt on & it shouldn't eat the stock pinion.

I would love to see a rear body mount machined like this. It'd save me the trouble of making another one out of L-bar - but the L-bar mod is bulletproof.

Got my first batch of parts in too:

View attachment 99084

The hubs & steering parts are in 7075. The arm mounts are 6061. They feel ultra light weight & the finish of them is actually really good, like they were given a pumice bath. I'll take this finish over some nasty anodized mess any day. You can still see slight areas of machining on each part but everything is butter smooth. These are not the usual cheap HSP junk Redcat pounds out all the time. The spur is HEAVY, & nowhere near the quality of the Losi spur but it is a bolt on & it shouldn't eat the stock pinion.

I would love to see a rear body mount machined like this. It'd save me the trouble of making another one out of L-bar - but the L-bar mod is bulletproof.

I went and added all the aluminum in my cart.. Got Daymn! Another $200 I could have a new truck...

I remember back in the day where Redcat aluminum upgrade were a nightmare to fit. Anodizing would get in the way so you would have to sand it off & parts wouldn't line up properly so you would have to send it back :mad: All that BS is finished with this stuff:

20200909_074850.jpg

20200909_074921.jpg

20200909_074937.jpg

20200909_074957.jpg

20200909_075013.jpg

20200909_075039.jpg

Flawless installation, even with my modded arms :love:. . . & yeah I threw on the 1" hub extensions. The body made it a bit top heavy so I wanted to widen it to balance it out. The 35kg servo can easily handle it. The rear hubs are the Extreme RC Precision mess I had to dremel out to fit the bearings. None of that with the Redcat stuff either. The 2nd batch of parts for the stock truck has the rear hubs coming.

Since I finally get to take my mostly stock Kaiju on the path of no return, this is how it's been looking for the last few months. Still never ran. . .

20200910_093547.jpg

. . .Doing it's best impersonation of a 4s Outcast :ROFLMAO:

It looks well together with beefcake but it will still break in seconds, but that's nothing $200 in upgrades can't handle.

20200910_093658.jpg

Since I finally get to take my mostly stock Kaiju on the path of no return, this is how it's been looking for the last few months. Still never ran. . .

View attachment 99245

. . .Doing it's best impersonation of a 4s Outcast :ROFLMAO:

It looks well together with beefcake but it will still break in seconds, but that's nothing $200 in upgrades can't handle.

View attachment 99246

You named your kaiju beefcake? :ROFLMAO:

th.jpg

I wish :eek: I don't name my cars, I usually call them what they are. I never thought I would call the Kaiju that, but the upgrades got it to that level, even over bulletproof.

I ran a couple packs in mine yesterday and still think its one of the best M/T's! I'm not going to choke down the $200 in aluminum quite yet though.. The steel spur is a loud bastard!

I ran a couple packs in mine yesterday and still think its one of the best M/T's! I'm not going to choke down the $200 in aluminum quite yet though.. The steel spur is a loud bastard!
I put the spur in the stocker so I don't know how it sounds yet & the Losi spur is really quiet, but it is less than half the weight & full of holes. I was only going to buy like $100 at a time until I had all the upgrades for both cars but I know how these hobbyists are. Most don't know about the upgrades & they are on the cheap end for 7075 & 6061. When they finally find out, they'll all be bought out & I'll be playing the waiting game. So I might as well get it all while I can.

Anyway I'll continue the silliness with a full Gorilla tape RC body - it was totally a mistake. The reinforcement for one of bodies separated so I ripped it out & it came out in one piece in the shape of the lexan body :oops: So I covered the outside in tape :ROFLMAO: It looked so stupid that it just might work. I don't name cars but I do name bodies every now & then. I dub this one Evil Kitty :ROFLMAO:

20200910_105233.jpg

20200910_105254.jpg

20200910_105304.jpg

I put the spur in the stocker so I don't know how it sounds yet & the Losi spur is really quiet, but it is less than half the weight & full of holes. I was only going to buy like $100 at a time until I had all the upgrades for both cars but I know how these hobbyists are. Most don't know about the upgrades & they are on the cheap end for 7075 & 6061. When they finally find out, they'll all be bought out & I'll be playing the waiting game. So I might as well get it all while I can.

Anyway I'll continue the silliness with a full Gorilla tape RC body - it was totally a mistake. The reinforcement for one of bodies separated so I ripped it out & it came out in one piece in the shape of the lexan body :oops: So I covered the outside in tape :ROFLMAO: It looked so stupid that it just might work. I don't name cars but I do name bodies every now & then. I dub this one Evil Kitty :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 99262
View attachment 99263
View attachment 99264

Looks great with truggy tires! Not going to give you the extra landing cush but I bet they are a ton lighter! The body, I'll hold my fingers:ROFLMAO:

Looks great with truggy tires! Not going to give you the extra landing cush but I bet they are a ton lighter! The body, I'll hold my fingers:ROFLMAO:
That body actually has a secret layer of drywall tape & bedliner in between the Gorilla tape layers with fender washers glued in at the body mounts. It's probably the most ridiculous thing I put on a RC.

Ok guys, going to give a shout out again to my online connect. Just got off the phone with him and he told me a couple people from this forum called him and sold a couple of Kaiju's. He owns a full line hobby shop and also sells Arrma as a authorized dealer. Nice guy, and will hook you up. Ships fast and you can pay with paypal.

Like I said earlier in this thread, paid $360 for my Kaiju shipped, no tax. V4 Kraton and OC was $500 each shipped. Did a package deal on K4S, OC4S, and Granite blx for $950. just to give examples. Hard to beat prices anywhere around here.

Just tell him arrmadillo from the arrma forum sent you so he will know to give you the brother in law pricing. Nothing in it for me, just want to hook up my brothers on this forum and at the same time hook him up. I'm actually waiting on him to get more Felony's in lol.

Here's the info, give him a call if you're interested in saving some moola.
Adam 215 379 4700 cell
RC Discount Superstore in Pennsylvania
Dillo out!

Edit: @19JUL2020 The above phone number is correct, just not his cell but shop number, sorry for the confusion! ☝️

Last edited:
Ok guys, going to give a shout out again to my online connect. Just got off the phone with him and he told me a couple people from this forum called him and sold a couple of Kaiju's. He owns a full line hobby shop and also sells Arrma as a authorized dealer. Nice guy, and will hook you up. Ships fast and you can pay with paypal.

Like I said earlier in this thread, paid $360 for my Kaiju shipped, no tax. V4 Kraton and OC was $500 each shipped. Did a package deal on K4S, OC4S, and Granite blx for $950. just to give examples. Hard to beat prices anywhere around here.

Just tell him arrmadillo from the arrma forum sent you so he will know to give you the brother in law pricing. Nothing in it for me, just want to hook up my brothers on this forum and at the same time hook him up. I'm actually waiting on him to get more Felony's in lol.

Adam 215 379 4700 cell
Dillo out!
Very awesome of you! ???

Adam 215 379 4700 cell
Dillo out!
This is where I got mine from, thanks to arrmadillo and Adam. I got mine in a couple days since I'm on the west coast and Adam organized to have it drop shipped straight from Redcat in AZ.

If you are skeptical and would like a paper trail of everything, you can email him as well- [email protected] [this is the route I had to take since Adam was not present at the time I called the shop and iirc, his cell number was not posted in the previous post/s].

I've had my Kaiju for a couple months now, but when I found out about it and started doing some research online, I stumbled across this thread. The thread was already pretty lengthy back then, but I read thru it all and I'm glad I did, since I found the discount info when arrmadillo posted the info in the past.

Thanks for sharing the info, you the man! (y)

I just went all in on the aluminum parts ?
Damn. $399+ about $250? So about $650??. Well at least it's less than a $1k upgraded Arrma 6s ???. And to be fair, I've spent about that much with the damn maxx 4s after the widemaxx kit and steel CVDS. That's not counting the Max 8 ESC and Kaiju tires ?

Back