Anyone interested in the new Redcat KAIJU MT 1/8

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you guys breaking hubs and stuff? Seemed like most of you were breaking out drive cups, upper a arms and stripping spurs.

Are you guys breaking hubs and stuff? Seemed like most of you were breaking out drive cups, upper a arms and stripping spurs.

I stripped out a spur with 6s. Happened almost too easy. Now I have the optional steel spur from Redcat. Some were breaking cups but some have used bearings on the outside. I used the cups made for that reason, pic below.

IMG_0933.JPG

I stripped out a spur with 6s. Happened almost too easy. Now I have the optional steel spur from Redcat. Some were breaking cups but some have used bearings on the outside. I used the cups made for that reason, pic below.

View attachment 99753

I mean are you guys breaking all the stuff that you are upgrading to aluminum?

I mean are you guys breaking all the stuff that you are upgrading to aluminum?
The only parts I haven't busted on it are the chassis, bulkheads, & shock towers, basically the core. Everything else has been wrecked at least once. But I do tend to throw it around w/o a care in the world. Now, the only part I can break is a lower arm, & that's after some serious effort landing multiple times on the same single arm - like 4+ times - & it's really hard to do :ROFLMAO: & it only rips the hinge out of the pin on one end. I can push it back in & go for a few more jumps & it stays in place :oops: If this arm was thick enough, there would be no way to break it w/o blowing the car up :ROFLMAO: The arms are dirt cheap & a very good weak point to have anyway. But the truck as it is now can handle any normal jumping session.

Yeah I've broken a couple of front c hubs and steering blocks on bad landings before.
The only parts I haven't busted on it are the chassis, bulkheads, & shock towers, basically the core. Everything else has been wrecked at least once. But I do tend to throw it around w/o a care in the world. Now, the only part I can break is a lower arm, & that's after some serious effort landing multiple times on the same single arm - like 4+ times - & it's really hard to do :ROFLMAO: & it only rips the hinge out of the pin on one end. I can push it back in & go for a few more jumps & it stays in place :oops: If this arm was thick enough, there would be no way to break it w/o blowing the car up :ROFLMAO: The arms are dirt cheap & a very good weak point to have anyway. But the truck as it is now can handle any normal jumping session.
I've only managed to break one lower control arm on some really high jumps into concrete off the skatepark ramps. It must have flown like 30 ft into the air. On grass and dirt I've never been able to break a lower control arm on the Kaiju. OnThe Maxx either now that I think about it.

This arm is the result of a mistake I was playing around with until I changed the plastic materials enough times to form this final version.

I always have to fix what I break after a bash, too bad it was next to nothing. Guess I have to try harder next time :ROFLMAO:

Got the Redcat steel spur installed, Missed this truck!

View attachment 99050View attachment 99051
I had to use different shims under the cover side sun gear. I would have had to really jam the pin in with the shims that were there a d it really bound the out drive. I ended up using the larger diameter EXB shim and it was perfect. Did you have have issues?

I had to use different shims under the cover side sun gear. I would have had to really jam the pin in with the shims that were there a d it really bound the out drive. I ended up using the larger diameter EXB shim and it was perfect. Did you have have issues?

Not at all. Went back together perfectly for me. That’s weird. :unsure:

That's certainly weird. It was an easy bolt-on for me too. I actually tried to use the shims in the 2nd EXB open diff & that failed miserably too, so it's LSD until further notice.

As for more of the trucks misadventures, it needed to do some hunting . . .

I know this is getting excessive but this thing is turning into a real winner. I wish I had the same luck with my other plastic trucks.

20200920_201218.jpg

20200920_195018.jpg
20200920_192513.jpg
20200920_192538.jpg
20200920_192626.jpg
20200920_192601.jpg

Back