Anyone interested in the new Redcat KAIJU MT 1/8

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the reply. Your knowledge is greatly appreciated. I am not much for cold weather bashing so I am spending time on preventing down time. The stock straps were too short for the battery packs I am using so I bought a pair of https://www.ebay.com/itm/Eachine-RC...mera-Straps-5-colors-U-S-SELLER-/323820517936

The stock straps are 20mm x 225mm if I remember correctly. I am a little surprised that you went with 15mm wide straps instead of 20mm.
I tried both but the 20mm wide straps, the hook portion is longer so there's very little loop portion to grip on to with larger packs. I wish they would use the combined hook/loop that Arrma uses. If the Arrma straps weren't so weak compared to these, I would use them for everything.

Anyone happen to know what the stock shock fluid is? Or have a recommendation?

Stock fluid is too stiff in the rear (on the new ones). I would guess it's like 50-60wt.

Man, after casing that first jump with the Kaiju... I was surprised it kept going!

Really liked the footage, but that background music was like ear cancer. lol!

I think it's safe to say they fixed the front bumper. Not a mark on it.

Great vidya!! While I do have a soft spot for the Kaiju, and it is a giant leap forward for RC..
There's really no comparison as far as quality or durability IMO. I own both, and the Tekno is a step up.
Wish I had weather like that, well at least right now anyway.. it's cold and snowing in NY.

We have a good 8" of the white stuff here so I might as well take a break from the O8S mess & finish my crude arms. They are 1/2" thick HDPE so I think the hinge pins may be in for it. I probably will make a brace for the bulkheads to keep the upper arm from breaking it again. I'm not exactly on the best terms with my MT410 since it cook my Castle X ESC but it's doing great with the max6 combo. Compared to the Kaiju which only have a few original parts, my MT410 only has a steel spur, center brace, & shock caps for upgrades. But I ca definitely have more fun with the Kaiju since I don't care about breaking it. Super cheap parts & upgrades will do that to you. Now only if it had aluminum bulkheads & shock towers . . . but I can only dream :ROFLMAO:

20210127_120029.jpg
20210127_120053.jpg
20210127_120231.jpg
20210127_120131.jpg

We have a good 8" of the white stuff here so I might as well take a break from the O8S mess & finish my crude arms. They are 1/2" thick HDPE so I think the hinge pins may be in for it. I probably will make a brace for the bulkheads to keep the upper arm from breaking it again. I'm not exactly on the best terms with my MT410 since it cook my Castle X ESC but it's doing great with the max6 combo. Compared to the Kaiju which only have a few original parts, my MT410 only has a steel spur, center brace, & shock caps for upgrades. But I ca definitely have more fun with the Kaiju since I don't care about breaking it. Super cheap parts & upgrades will do that to you. Now only if it had aluminum bulkheads & shock towers . . . but I can only dream :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 122727View attachment 122728View attachment 122729View attachment 122730
I hear you on the parts price comparison between the 410 and Kaiju.
Yeah,hinge pins and bulkheads will surely be the next weak link..
So, Santa brought me a 3d printer for Xmas 😀
I've been working on making some snow shoes for the Kaiju,well actually any of the 5 eighth scales I have..
Stock Kaiju tire on the left 😮

20210125_175717.jpg

Braces done. Made from 1/8" plate steel. I hate trying to drill into this stuff w/o a drill press. I had to use cobalt drill bits just to get through the stuff with a normal drill. That's just how serious this metal is. The last 5 times I ripped arms off this thing, it was either a front or rear impact on a single wheel so these should eliminate most of that. Now the majority of car will have to be wrecked in order to rip an arm off like that again.

20210128_114736.jpg
20210128_114750.jpg
20210128_114720.jpg

It took me 9 months to make bullet proof upper arms mainly because I thought the 1st design was serious overkill so I dumbed it down way too much - & ended up using the original design anyway. So I'm not playing around with the lower arms & going straight for something that will work - then mod that as needed. By adding the braces I saw about half a dozen problems with the all blue plastic so I hacked it up :ROFLMAO:

20210128_231257.jpg
20210128_231750.jpg
20210128_231724.jpg
20210128_231642.jpg
20210128_231612.jpg
20210128_231504.jpg
20210128_231408.jpg
20210128_231547.jpg

It took me 9 months to make bullet proof upper arms mainly because I thought the 1st design was serious overkill so I dumbed it down way too much - & ended up using the original design anyway. So I'm not playing around with the lower arms & going straight for something that will work - then mod that as needed. By adding the braces I saw about half a dozen problems with the all blue plastic so I hacked it up :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 123114View attachment 123115View attachment 123116View attachment 123117View attachment 123118View attachment 123119View attachment 123120View attachment 123121

Can you throw that thing on a scale and share please?

Can you throw that thing on a scale and share please?
11.06 lbs w/o the body, 12.42 lbs with. It's definitely no lightweight anymore :ROFLMAO:

. . . & the tire is zeroed out.

20210129_064739.jpg

20210129_064758.jpg

And the body is just as insane as the truck :ROFLMAO:

20210129_065739.jpg

I had to make a video of it . . . I keep on reminding myself of the upper arm mod but I keep on hitting the Outcast :rolleyes:

View attachment 122727View attachment 122728View attachment 122729View attachment 122730
dude that looks awesome don't mind me but im going to get some of that HDPE and do the same thing lol

also, do you not worry that now your franken-kaiju is so heavy, you might start to break the remaining weak parts alot more often?

ps: im the guy on youtube that asked for you to do a vid for the a-arms

Last edited:
dude that looks awesome don't mind me but im going to get some of that HDPE and do the same thing lol

also, do you not worry that now your franken-kaiju is so heavy, you might start to break the remaining weak parts alot more often?

ps: im the guy on youtube that asked for you to do a vid for the a-arms
I was trying to get it to a place where it could survive enough hits to satisfy my bashing itch in a single session. The weight shouldn't be much of an issue. It actually made the truck be able to handle it's power much more than the stock truck - although it's still a nutball on 6s. But the separate pieces of the lower arms should be able to break before the inner reinforcements & they are easily replaceable. Plus the kind of hit that it will take would more of less total the truck - breaking the chassis or ripping the entire front/rear end off. It should be able to survive any of the crazy backflip wrecking I've been doing up until now. The screws attaching the upper arms to the bulkheads will still bend but that's a easy fix.

View attachment 123114View attachment 123115View attachment 123116View attachment 123117View attachment 123118View attachment 123119View attachment 123120View attachment 123121
So far I've only broken one lower arm on one of my Kaijus at the skatepark, but I treat my Kaijus better than you. Hehe. My son drives them on 4s mostly.

Back