Anyone interested in the new Redcat KAIJU MT 1/8

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Kaiju is making spend a few bucks, although the Monsoon? turnbuckles are more than beefy enough, a little overkill never hurts - unless it's a Trx :ROFLMAO:

0627201847.jpg

The 6s Arrmas NEED an M2c chassis $130, need an upgraded servo $25, need a radio/receiver $50, need $100 shock towers, chassis braces $50, plus the $520 price tag, the shielded bearings have to go $20, my pillow balls pop out almost every run ($50 on HR racing hubs), man that's sooo affordable right? Almost $1k and it STILL BREAKS. The rear wing mounts break very easily too $12. Arrma tough. See? I only concentrated on the NEGATIVE like you do with the Kaiju. That can be done with every single RC that exists. ???

In almost a year of Typhon ownership with maybe 100 odd packs through it...
Stock radio's crap, (replaced) stock servo wasnt great (replaced) I have broke a wheel and a front suspension mount bolt on a bad landing on concrete at the skatepark.. but that is all! Even my diffs are still holding up despite viscosity increases in all 3. Overall I'm impressed beyond words with mine.

Are you guys seriously breaking all these things on a regular basis?
Either the Typhon is an exception in the 6S line-up or I'm not being hard enough on mine! :D

Stock radio's crap, (replaced) stock servo wasnt great (replaced) I have broke a wheel and a front suspension mount bolt on a bad landing on concrete at the skatepark.. but that is all! Even my diffs are still holding up despite viscosity increases in all 3. Overall I'm impressed beyond words with mine.

Either the Typhon is an exception in the 6S line-up or I'm not being hard enough on mine! :D

In general 1/8th buggies are a lot more durable than truggies or monster trucks. On my HPI Vorza in the past 3 months all I have managed to break is a couple of rod ends and the mounting tabs for the esc.

You are more likely to bend the chassis and break the chassis braces on the Kraton and Talion than any of the other rigs.

I've been able to break one lower arm and popped off a plastic shock cap at the same time when I sent my typhon 6s off my ramps going full speed on 6s on grass and that was landing on the WHEELS! It was crazy how high it jumped. I did add the metal shock caps after that. Replaced the rear shock tower with m2c (stock was bent to crap). Replaced the stock servo (went bad). I mostly run it on 4s and 17t pinion. 6s is just too much when truggified. It's my most durable Arrma.

^^^^Excellent video. Detailed and honest assessment . A lot of work, creativity and patience to get it close to where it should be. RCat just doesn't support it well enough for its price point IMHO. The Kaiju is not for everyone. Definitely not for me. I cant invest in something like this if the company wont do the same. Yeah, its $400.usd and RcCat is making profit exclusively on intended parts breakage with this rig. Not a new business concept I admit. But again, I'll pass on this this RC company...:cool:

^^^^Excellent video. Detailed and honest assessment . A lot of work, creativity and patience to get it close to where it should be. RCat just doesn't support it well enough for its price point IMHO. The Kaiju is not for everyone. Definitely not for me. I cant invest in something like this if the company wont do the same. Yeah, its $400.usd and RcCat is making profit exclusively on intended parts breakage with this rig. Not a new business concept I admit. But again, I'll pass on this this RC company...:cool:
To be blunt, that's exactly what I thought when I first opened this thing up. The Trx formula has been beat to death but that brand has a huge cult following as a result of it. But they have the CS & parts support to back it up - to the point to where they make most other brands look pathetic. I can stomp that plan into dust but that is well beyond the scope of the majority. I like to rely on the highest potential of any rig but I usually have to wreck it first to reveal what flaws to deal with. I bought another one & left it alone simply to thank them for entertaining me to this extent. Not that they really thought I could bash proof the thing. It really wasn't much of a challenge. But when it comes to Redcat & Trx, I can count the number of cars I would buy from both on 1 hand & still have fingers left over.

To be blunt, that's exactly what I thought when I first opened this thing up. The Trx formula has been beat to death but that brand has a huge cult following as a result of it. But they have the CS & parts support to back it up - to the point to where they make most other brands look pathetic. I can stomp that plan into dust but that is well beyond the scope of the majority. I like to rely on the highest potential of any rig but I usually have to wreck it first to reveal what flaws to deal with. I bought another one & left it alone simply to thank them for entertaining me to this extent. Not that they really thought I could bash proof the thing. It really wasn't much of a challenge. But when it comes to Redcat & Trx, I can count the number of cars I would buy from both on 1 hand & still have fingers left over.
Absolutely. I would only buy the Kaiju, xmaxx 8s, maxx 4s and Trx4 sport from them. Maybe the TR MT8E from redcat too. It looks like a good truggie.

Absolutely. I would only buy the Kaiju, xmaxx 8s, maxx 4s and Trx4 sport from them. Maybe the TR MT8E from redcat too. It looks like a good truggie.
I would get any of the Team Redcat vehicles, as they are not Redcat vehicles at all, the MT8E and MT10E are Team Magic(@Aussie RC Playground has reviews of their Team Magic counterparts) and the TR-SCT10E is a slightly redesigned Ofna Jammin SCRT10.

Team Magic E6 III HX and E6 III BES aka Team Redcat MT8-E and MT8-E BES.

Team Magic E5 aka Team Redcat MT10-E

Vas also has the Team Magic E5 HX but doesn't have a review of that as it is essentially the same truck as the E5.

Last edited:
I just noticed that the MT8e and MT8e Be6S have been discontinued and now Redcat just has the MT8e BE6S V2 not sure what all has been changed though.

Friend was interested in the Kaiju so I checked availability, Redcat site only says Backordered so seen that Tower sells it and their website says Mid October, but we all know how precise that is.

Friend was interested in the Kaiju so I checked availability, Redcat site only says Backordered so seen that Tower sells it and their website says Mid October, but we all know how precise that is.
I'm starting to doubt Tower will ever get any, I've been on their mailing list for when it becomes available since shortly after this thread was started.

I'm starting to doubt Tower will ever get any, I've been on their mailing list for when it becomes available since shortly after this thread was started.
My LHS still has some in stock. I think I mentioned it before. Alamo City Hobby Shop in San Antonio Texas. George (the owner) is a great guy.

My LHS still has some in stock. I think I mentioned it before. Alamo City Hobby Shop in San Antonio Texas. George (the owner) is a great guy.
Yeah a little too far for me. A tad under a 19 hour drive one way :(

My first Redcat (which I still have) was a Rampage XBE. Then I got the Chimera & the TR-MT8e BES. They were great for large cars but after that I tried some of the 1/10s (Volcano & Blackout) & was ready to drop all of that junk at a flea market. Even the crappy Camo & Dukono smashes that junk & I still wouldn't touch them. The Kaiju is so many levels above that stuff even with all the flaws. I thought the thing would have serious drivetrain issues like any other plastic car that tried to take on that much power but it proved me wrong entirely. The core is solid enough that it supports the huge bearings on the diffs, another reason why it's not ripping itself in half like the "E" trucks would if you beefed up the drivetrain enough to support 6s. The only parts being busted are bumpers, spurs, arms, hubs . . . & diff cups since the stock geometry is bad. So if all that part-busting BS is remedied, what else (if anything) will become in the line-of-fire? That's what I want to find out.

At least you can get there within a day :LOL:

My first Redcat (which I still have) was a Rampage XBE. Then I got the Chimera & the TR-MT8e BES. They were great for large cars but after that I tried some of the 1/10s (Volcano & Blackout) & was ready to drop all of that junk at a flea market. Even the crappy Camo & Dukono smashes that junk & I still wouldn't touch them. The Kaiju is so many levels above that stuff even with all the flaws. I thought the thing would have serious drivetrain issues like any other plastic car that tried to take on that much power but it proved me wrong entirely. The core is solid enough that it supports the huge bearings on the diffs, another reason why it's not ripping itself in half like the "E" trucks would if you beefed up the drivetrain enough to support 6s. The only parts being busted are bumpers, spurs, arms, hubs . . . & diff cups since the stock geometry is bad. So if all that part-busting BS is remedied, what else (if anything) will become in the line-of-fire? That's what I want to find out.

At least you can get there within a day :LOL:

Right? For what the truck is and the price it costs the Redcat Kaiju is a great truck with a few quirks, it could be worse and you could have to replace a lot of the core parts before it is even a good truck.

Luckily it is pretty much a straight shot down.

He can mail it. I talked to him yesterday and he told me that he already sold all of them. People are just buying up everything. He said hopefully next week.

I'm kind of shocked that some of you guys can't get your hands on a Kaiju. My LHS has been able to get a steady flow of Kaiju's in since launch.
Usually anywhere between 5~10 of them each shipment. Now the major issue however for my LHS is getting Redcat to send them spare parts.

Any updates on upgrades? What is in the works by Redcat and others? When can we expect them to hit the market?

Trying to decide whether to stock up on spare parts or wait for upgrades to be available is killing me. Haven't broken anything yet, except the rear body mount.

Back