Anyone interested in the new Redcat KAIJU MT 1/8

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey bud, do you remember what size bearing we put on the outside of the drivecups on the Kaiju? Thanks!
these are what was reference in the past thru this thread: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B082PR41QH/

---

i have an issue where the driveshaft in the center diff area makes clicking noises as the rc coasts... at fist i thought the motor moved and created too much gap between the pinion and the spur, but that was not the case.

i can't seem to figure out where the noise is coming from... has anyone else experienced this ?

Last edited:
I tried them & that lip that folds over the inside wears against the CVA. It bends it so it can't be pulled off w/o some insane persuasion :ROFLMAO: I'm using 2 bearings per cup. I also want to try a 1212 bushing: https://www.amazon.com/uxcell-Self-Lubricating-Bearing-Sintered-Bushings/dp/B07HSJ2NJ9 It's beefy as hell & doesn't have that stupid lip.

Mine haven't moved or bent, at all. Still in perfect condition. Weird.
I'm talking about the lip on the end sits on edge on the cup. The ring didn't move or anything, the CVA deformed the lip, wore it into the cup, & it was a PITA to come off. I couldn't tell until I tried to take it off on a whim.

I also have the steel rod ends on the shocks which lifts the suspension quite a bit. I still haven't had a broken CVA so that 1st one was probably a fluke. That was the 1st time I ever broke a CVA like that. They usually break on the axle end.

But you drive it like Miss Daisy ?

Nah, just stick all my landings properly ;)

Right now I have myself 3 broke A$$ RC trucks needing a total of about $25 in parts but they make the stupid trucks undrivable.. :rolleyes:

K12s, lost front left lower pivot ball retainer
Tenacity DB, lost screw and stupid 3x6 bearing off drag link
Kaiju, waiting on steel spur gear..

BTW, what's with the lifetime yellow banners I've been seeing? Fancy Schmancy...

Nah, just stick all my landings properly ;)

Right now I have myself 3 broke A$$ RC trucks needing a total of about $25 in parts but they make the stupid trucks undrivable.. :rolleyes:

K12s, lost front left lower pivot ball retainer
Tenacity DB, lost screw and stupid 3x6 bearing off drag link
Kaiju, waiting on steel spur gear..

BTW, what's with the lifetime yellow banners I've been seeing? Fancy Schmancy...
Cough up the cash and get the key to the executive washroom ?

I just ordered a Losi spur today, it was sold out on Amazon so I finally decided to go to ebay. Coming from HH.

Last edited:
Cough up the cash and get the key to the executive washroom ?

What does the golden latrine and bidet run?
I just ordered a Losi spur today, it was sold out on Amazon so I finally decided to go to ebay. Coming from HH.

I was gunna do it when @Megasty posted up the destructions but didn't click "buy now" because I saw R-Cat dangling their steel one in my face.. Fug it, waited this long might as well just wait a bit longer..

Last edited:
I'll buy all the upgrade junk for my stock Kaiju but I'm leaving my bashing diy experiment alone, except for the front hub gear & maybe shock caps. I still don't have to try very hard to bust the hub carrier even on perfect landings. I cracked another yesterday & plastic-welded it back together in a few seconds. It was much easier than replacing it just to break it again.

What does the golden latrine and bidet run?

I was gunna do it when @Megasty posted up the destructions but didn't click "buy now" because I saw R-Cat dangling their steel one in my face.. Fug it, waited this long might as well just wait a bit longer..
One Franklin.

I bought some proline trenchers 2.8 belted for my maxx, but they rub against the arms, so off they go into the Kaiju. It sure tames the Kaiju on 6s, but they work.
20200806_124708.jpg
20200806_124700.jpg

Im going to get one of those bodys to bash in. And leave the original for putting on shelf.

Im going to get one of those bodys to bash in. And leave the original for putting on shelf.
Great idea. Not a bad body for $25. Just don't land upside down like I do sometimes ?.

Tested out the Kaiju on 4s and the metal spur gear at work on the concrete. Did like 6 backflips at once off the chain link fence, and it can even turn itself over on 4S. The metal losi spur gear just makes this little rig more fun and more crazy. Stock tires. What I like about the 4s power is that it doesn't rip apart the stock tires like 6s does. That run on 4s was fun! Nothing broke. Just the stock body got scratched some more.

BTW, the Kaiju on stock tires, 4s and the losi spur gear can actually turn itself over now. ?

Back