Anyone interested in the new Redcat KAIJU MT 1/8

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After inspecting my diffs and cleaning out the mud, all my ring gears, output drives and center diff are holding up well after months of abuse. The center diff was completely dry and the internal gears were still fine.
nice, im about to do the same inspection.
i think im missing a diff pinion tooth. getting some weird binding going on.
these giant tires i have might be an issue lol

Got some proline badlands for 1/8 buggy's.
Stuck them on the kaiju with some 37mm extenders and lowered the stance as much as possible.
Here's my kaiju lol

IMG_20210526_173109282.jpg

IMG_20210526_173055825.jpg

IMG_20210526_173046578.jpg

IMG_20210526_173013223.jpg

IMG_20210526_172943862.jpg

The best fitting 6s battery that I've found for the Kaiju is the 6s powerhobby one, but I don't like the price at almost $100. I'm going to try this $54 one from Amazon, but it barely fit. Very tight fit. I'll see how it goes. What 6s battery are you all using?
20210602_125819.jpg
20210602_125849.jpg
20210602_125855.jpg
20210602_130038.jpg

The best fitting 6s battery that I've found for the Kaiju is the 6s powerhobby one, but I don't like the price at almost $100. I'm going to try this $54 one from Amazon, but it barely fit. Very tight fit. I'll see how it goes. What 6s battery are you all using?
View attachment 150358View attachment 150359View attachment 150360View attachment 150361

Goldbats are my go to battery. I've had great luck with them in the 2s, 3s and 4s line.
I've been snagging these 3s 80c Goldbat Champion Series lately to run in the Kaiju x2 and my other 3s cars.

goldbat3s.jpg

Second one? I take it you’re a fan then. I’ve been thinking about one. I noticed they recently raised the price without any improvements (as far as I know).
They have pretty much raised the price on almost all the RC vehicles unfortunately. Yeah I'm a fan for sure. I've been beating up both of my Kaijus for months now with little issues. After tweaking a few things, the Kaiju is pretty durable. And it's just insane on 6s.

I've received a pair of shocks that i ordered from Jenny's, just to have spare shocks for my vehicles, and they feel very beefy.
Unfortunately they sent me one front and one rear shock!

They have pretty much raised the price on almost all the RC vehicles unfortunately. Yeah I'm a fan for sure. I've been beating up both of my Kaijus for months now with little issues. After tweaking a few things, the Kaiju is pretty durable. And it's just insane on 6s.
Glad to hear you like it. What are the few things needing tweaking to make it durable?

Glad to hear you like it. What are the few things needing tweaking to make it durable?
There are lots of good ideas on this giant thread. Here are some of mine together with some of ideas that I got here from fellow rc friends :
I installed bearings on the outside of the drive cups on the differentials (front and rear) so that they can don't split apart, changed the radio and transmitter to a better one, powerhobby dual fans and heatsink for the motor, I used Traxxas links for upper control arms (check out the details here in the thread), changed the plastic spur to a metal one (Redcat sells one for the Kaiju), reinforce the body with gorilla tape, lowered the body posts to the lowest possible point so that the body posts don't break so easily, and that's about it. Some people make custom mount for the front bumper (I reinforce mine with foam but it still breaks). After those tweaks, this thing is pretty tough.

There are lots of good ideas on this giant thread. Here are some of mine together with some of ideas that I got here from fellow rc friends :
I installed bearings on the outside of the drive cups on the differentials (front and rear) so that they can don't split apart, changed the radio and transmitter to a better one, powerhobby dual fans and heatsink for the motor, I used Traxxas links for upper control arms (check out the details here in the thread), changed the plastic spur to a metal one (Redcat sells one for the Kaiju), reinforce the body with gorilla tape, lowered the body posts to the lowest possible point so that the body posts don't break so easily, and that's about it. Some people make custom mount for the front bumper (I reinforce mine with foam but it still breaks). After those tweaks, this thing is pretty tough.
Thanks. How is parts availability when stuff breaks?

It's not bad at all. It used to be but I can find almost anything for it pretty quickly. Ebay.
Oh yeah, change the cheap plastic servo horn to an aluminum one immediately

Blue body Kaiju went out to play today on 6s. After many countless jumps and months I finally broke a lower control arm. That was hard to do. I've only broken two of those. The first one was at the skatepark a long time ago landing on concrete from a 25+ foot jump. Driving on the Kaiju starts at the 3:27 mark.
20210620_194140.jpg
20210620_194132.jpg

Bent an axle, not sure how I did that!

C287F5CD-7BD9-4949-8C3D-6794F82F55DC.jpeg

Back