Anyone into custom carbon fiber work?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike'sGN-Kraton

Very Active Member
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Mojave EXB
  5. Outcast 8s
  6. Senton 6s
  7. Talion
  8. Typhon TLR
Hey guy's, just wondering if there is anyone here that makes custom c/f parts? Needing a replacement plate for my vitavon esc mount... for my losi dbxl-e 2.0... thanks Mike

Hey guy's, just wondering if there is anyone here that makes custom c/f parts? Needing a replacement plate for my vitavon esc mount... for my losi dbxl-e 2.0... thanks Mike
If it’s a flat piece (don’t know off hand) you can buy flat CF stock off Amazon if you use them.

I am looking into making CF parts. I have everything except, the tools, the materials, the knowledge, the time, the money, and the patience.
It would appear to me that all you have is "the look". The fastest route to a solution is to first acknowledge that you have a problem. LOL

I didn't even think of Amazon.... I'll check it out... thanks Mike

I've done alot of my own CF parts. Mostly for my crawler, but I have made my own ESC mount, reinforced and enlarged my HR battery mount etc.
Just know this, good CF is tough as hell. It's worn down many CF rated jigsaw blades, chopsaw blades, diamond blades. Personally doesn't bother me as I can write it all off. But pay attention to safety measures like wearing a mask and cutting in well ventilated areas. I like to set my shop vac up to catch dust.
There are some good CF plate providers on Amazon or Ebay but there are many more crap pieces that are unsuitable. I've grown to like ordering my CF from Acer lately. They are an RC provider of bearings and CF. Their stuff is well made.

Hi Mike,

You can cut carbon fiber sheet from amazon with a standard jig saw.
Using a carbide bit made for ceramics it works great.

https://www.amazon.com/IRWIN-307230...refix=carbon+fiber+jigsaw+blad,aps,100&sr=8-7

3 notes for you:
1. Put painter's tape over it to draw your lines one but more importantly it will protect it from scratches.
2. Absolutely need to do it outdoors and if you have a shop vac with a HEPA filter that can be helpful too. (tons of dust is created that will cover your lines). Carbon fiber dust is considered as dangerous as asbestos so take all the precautions necessary to protect yourself.
3. cut it out on top of a sacrificial piece of foam.
cutting cf Capture.JPG

It depends on the type of carbon you use as well as the settings for your garnet. I have gotten good results in the past.
If you have a good set up, I know a few guys interested in finding someone to do our own custom cutting for both CF and aluminum.

Got it guy's!!! Found a couple of small pcs on Amazon... should be almost perfect size too!!!
Thanks Mike

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back