Granite Anyone know how long the composite links on the Typhon 550 Mega are? Part #AR330541

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GRC

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
I have a Granite BLX, but I'm trying out the composite links from the brushed Granite to replace the turnbuckles. I've bent a few turnbuckles and don't like that they have to be readjusted so often.

The front/steering composite links are a good fit; however, the rear composite links are a bit too long. I was wondering if anyone knows how long the composite links from the Typhon 550 Mega are. Part #AR330541.

Last edited:
They would be longer than the granite ones for sure.. arms are quite a bit longer on the typhon..? I know it isn't exact measurements, but if the granite ones are long, the typhon ones will be crazy long..✌

They would be longer than the granite ones for sure.. arms are quite a bit longer on the typhon..? I know it isn't exact measurements, but if the granite ones are long, the typhon ones will be crazy long..✌
That's what I thought, I know the arms are longer, but according to technical specs, the Granite is wider overall. Also, even if the typhon links are longer, there's a chance the steering links will work as camber links. I don't know, that's why I'm asking. They are not particularly expensive, I may just have to order them and see.

Last edited:
The Typhon 550 composite links arrived today and the steering links are the PERFECT length! I think they are the exact length of stock rear camber links for the Granite BLX. At most 1mm off. Downside, the Typhon 550 steering links are thinner, we'll see if they hold up.

The other links, as you said, are way too long to use for the Granite.

The Typhon 550 composite links arrived today and the steering links are the PERFECT length! I think they are the exact length of stock rear camber links for the Granite BLX. At most 1mm off. Downside, the Typhon 550 steering links are thinner, we'll see if they hold up.

The other links, as you said, are way too long to use for the Granite.

Honestly your best bet if they break again is just upgrade to the metal turnbuckles on the 3s line.. not alot of people stick with the composite links..

Honestly your best bet if they break again is just upgrade to the metal turnbuckles on the 3s line.. not alot of people stick with the composite links..
That is the next option. Any recommendations? I know there are titanium turnbuckles available. But they'll still have to be re-aligned after every run. We'll see.

Last edited:
So far so good. Had a very good bash today. Jumps, backflips, cartwheels, bad landings. Concrete, dirt, grass, rough terrain, etc. The composite links held up.

Last edited:
Update: After a few bashes the composite links treated with Armor All held together but got warped. I put them in a bowl and added boiling water in order to straighten them out. Added Armor all again. They are holding up really well now. I'm starting to use boiling water + Armor All on other plastic parts now.

Update: After a few bashes the composite links treated with Armor All held together but got warped. I put them in a bowl and added boiling water in order to straighten them out. Added Armor all again. They are holding up really well now. I'm starting to use boiling water + Armor All on other plastic parts now.
How are you breaking rod ends and turnbuckles i one broke one so far in a upside down landing

How are you breaking rod ends and turnbuckles i one broke one so far in a upside down landing
I didn't break any. The rod ends have been fine. I just bent a few of the metal turnbuckles. (I was able to straighten them out.) Also, the constant re-alignment after runs was irritating. It wasn't a huge problem, but DrianRC uploaded a video with the plastic links and I thought I'd give them a try. I actually didn't expect the plastic links to work out well, but so far so good.

Last edited:
Would the rpm 2wd rustler, links work? I'm also tired of constantly alighning this truck lol
I'm curious also. The lengths of the rod ends/turnbuckles of a Granite 4x4 BLX from the factory are this:
The front camber links are 7 cm, eye to eye (8 cm total)
The steering links are 5.7 cm, eye to eye (6.7 cm total)
The rear turnbuckles with rod ends are 6.7 cm, eye to eye (7.7 cm total)
I emailed RPM to see if they could give me numbers.

I'm still using the Arrma composite links. After using boiling water, they hold up well. After a recent run and some tumbles on concrete, they did get bent and had to be re-boiled and re-straightened. Overall, still less headache than bent turnbuckles and re-adjusting the factory rod ends/turnbuckles after every single run. I recently reinforced the composite links with epoxy, we'll see how it works out.

Last edited:
Would the rpm 2wd rustler, links work? I'm also tired of constantly alighning this truck lol
They're not a good fit. RPM didn't give me exact lengths, but guided me to the Traxxas parts list.
From what I can tell, rear camber links are 7.3cm, front camber links 5.9cm, steering links 3.9cm
I replied to RPM and asked if they would consider making links for the Granite. Send them an email, it can't hurt.

Last edited:
I stopped using the composite links. I got Lunsford titanium turnbuckles instead. They are not cheap, but they come with a lifetime guarantee. They screw into the rod ends MUCH tighter. The turnbuckles do not have to be re-adjusted after runs.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back