Senton anyone know how to make the senton wider?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tommyd3jr

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
I want to make my senton wider.. the idea is i want to put a MT body on it (any body for the e-maxx will fit).. i don't wanna put huge tires on it just like 2.8mt tires or even ST tires ect. Problem is wheel rub and such.. my question is does anyone know if the kraton axel hubs or hex hubs will work or fit? I have a kraton and my senton is in the mail (got the tower deal for 399).. i don't wanna start taking my kraton apart yet so if anyone has any knows or has any other ideas i would greatly appreciate.. thx in advance! Also lets c ur aftermarket senton bodies?

Last edited:
use the kraton or talion arms, hexes, driveshafts etc.
Im not tring to make it into a short wheelbase "swb" kraton (outcast).. i just wanna make it alittle wider, the kraton wheel hexs' alone should give me around a ¹/4in. I was just wondering if anyone has ever tried it

Easy. You'll need the kraton stub axles front and rear and wheel hexes.
Thx man and yeah i figured that out.. waiting on a proline desert militia body and Badlands 40 series tires.. think it's gonna be bitchin'

Thx man and yeah i figured that out.. waiting on a proline desert militia body and Badlands 40 series tires.. think it's gonna be bitchin'

This is what it looks like now.. I'll do a before and after.. only mods so far r the split six tires, stiffer springs front and rear and 65wt. in front 85wt. In back

Attachments

• 20161214_165514.jpg
    20161214_165514.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 318
Nice. Looking good. Should be a great all around truck with the wider hexes and bigger tires. I was thinking about doing the same thing to my V1 Senton. Still in the box... But I have a V2 Kraton on the way so I may just put 1/8th buggy tires on the Senton. Really like how all the Arrma platforms interchange. Can swap some parts around and make a custom vehicle.

Nice. Looking good. Should be a great all around truck with the wider hexes and bigger tires. I was thinking about doing the same thing to my V1 Senton. Still in the box... But I have a V2 Kraton on the way so I may just put 1/8th buggy tires on the Senton. Really like how all the Arrma platforms interchange. Can swap some parts around and make a custom vehicle.
Right on, i dig that too.. if ur looking for buggy tires the lock ups and split six r kickass! Get them in C2 (soft) rather then sport.. I've been using nothing but proline for 10+ years and don't get me wrong they r top notch but duratrax has been stepping up huge! If ur just bashing save the money and give them a try, u won't be disappointed

I want to make my senton wider.. the idea is i want to put a MT body on it (any body for the e-maxx will fit).. i don't wanna put huge tires on it just like 2.8mt tires or even ST tires ect. Problem is wheel rub and such.. my question is does anyone know if the kraton axel hubs or hex hubs will work or fit? I have a kraton and my senton is in the mail (got the tower deal for 399).. i don't wanna start taking my kraton apart yet so if anyone has any knows or has any other ideas i would greatly appreciate.. thx in advance! Also lets c ur aftermarket senton bodies?
Just truggified my Typhon which shares parts with Senton I think, adds about 1inch wider front/back, allows for MT tires, used Kraton axels, hex's, and hubs/steering blocks.

This is what it looks like now.. I'll do a before and after.. only mods so far r the split six tires, stiffer springs front and rear and 65wt. in front 85wt. In back
Which springs are you using? I've got a spare set of Tekno orange 80mm and 90mm I could use.

Badlands the Senton Castle 1515 2200Kv

Attachments

• IMG_0799.JPG
    IMG_0799.JPG
    246.3 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_0444.JPG
    IMG_0444.JPG
    238.2 KB · Views: 247
  • IMG_0751.JPG
    IMG_0751.JPG
    261.3 KB · Views: 240
  • IMG_0794.JPG
    IMG_0794.JPG
    231.8 KB · Views: 199
Also wanting to try a bigger wheel/tire combo on mine. Going to see how these work: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&W=001416392&I=LXVKH7&P=K
I just confirmed with a guy on YouTube that uses these same ones running F11 2.8 wheels with Trenchers on his Typhon, same part number. He said the pins they come with are a bit too big, he just used the Typhon pins with a tad of paper glue to hold them. He said the metal O rings that come from TA cover the pins, top/bottom. Or you could drill out pin holes slightly on stock axels.

I just confirmed with a guy on YouTube that uses these same ones running F11 2.8 wheels with Trenchers on his Typhon, same part number. He said the pins they come with are a bit too big, he just used the Typhon pins with a tad of paper glue to hold them. He said the metal O rings that come from TA cover the pins, top/bottom. Or you could drill out pin holes slightly on stock axels.
Awesome! But what do you mean paper glue? Just like Elmers? Or did you mean CA glue?

Oh and thank you for reminding me I bought these awhile ago. Lol

I think the Durango part is now disco'd? I remember finding literally a couple on ebay. Never installed and have had for like 6 months... Lol

Attachments

• IMG_20170109_195359.jpg
    IMG_20170109_195359.jpg
    210.7 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Awesome! But what do you mean paper glue? Just like Elmers? Or did you mean CA glue?

Oh and thank you for reminding me I bought these awhile ago. Lol

I think the Durango part is now disco'd? I remember finding literally a couple on ebay. Never installed and have had for like 6 months... Lol
He said he used a dab of paper glue from the dollar store so he could still get the pins out for hex removal. I would not use CA glue. Think the pin retainers do the bulk of the work, glue probably used to bulk the pin up a bit or eliminate pin slop.

So what do those do exactly? I was under the impression that a 2.8 wheel wouldn't fit because it wouldn't clear the hub carriers? Also, about all of the wheels that I have found in that size had 12mm hexes. Do the 2.8 proline wheels come in 17mm?

So what do those do exactly? I was under the impression that a 2.8 wheel wouldn't fit because it wouldn't clear the hub carriers? Also, about all of the wheels that I have found in that size had 12mm hexes. Do the 2.8 proline wheels come in 17mm?
I know for certain you can buy Proline F11s 2.8 with 17mm hex and then glue any Traxxas bead style 2.8 tire on it. Unfortunately Proline seems to really only make 3.8s with 17 hex for premounts. For Senton or Typhon you will rub hub carriers without swapping for Kraton parts of something like Team Associated hex adapters as mentioned.

IMG_0856.JPG
So i can do these

https://www.prolineracing.com/wheels/f-11-2.8-traxxas-style-bead-black-wheels-17mm-hex/

Plus these

https://www.prolineracing.com/tires/trencher-2.8-traxxas-style-bead-all-terrain-truck-tires/

And all I have to mod on my Senton is to get these?

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&W=001416392&I=LXVKH7&P=K

I really like the desperado wheels from proline and the badlands. I seem to only find the 2.8 badlands premounted. Also, seems like the 2.8 desperadoes are 12mm.

Btw, what is a "traxxas style" bead?

Kinda wishing that I hadn't pulled the trigger on these. ^^ pic supposed to be down here ^^

Last edited:
View attachment 5276 So i can do these

https://www.prolineracing.com/wheels/f-11-2.8-traxxas-style-bead-black-wheels-17mm-hex/

Plus these

https://www.prolineracing.com/tires/trencher-2.8-traxxas-style-bead-all-terrain-truck-tires/

And all I have to mod on my Senton is to get these?

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&W=001416392&I=LXVKH7&P=K

I really like the desperado wheels from proline and the badlands. I seem to only find the 2.8 badlands premounted. Also, seems like the 2.8 desperadoes are 12mm.

Btw, what is a "traxxas style" bead?

Kinda wishing that I hadn't pulled the trigger on these. ^^ pic supposed to be down here ^^
IMG_20170106_205630693.jpg
IMG_20170106_194500318.jpg
These are same Trenchers on F11s 2.8, waiting for tape and glue. Call me lame, but I dry fit my wheels first, let the tire and foam become friends for a few days and settle on lift or off rig, then take apart when I'm ready to tape and glue with beer in hand usually. PS, with Senton body you will likely need to trim wheel wells but I'm not positive.

View attachment 5277 View attachment 5278These are same Trenchers on F11s 2.8, waiting for tape and glue. Call me lame, but I dry fit my wheels first, let the tire and foam become friends for a few days and settle on lift or off rig, then take apart when I'm ready to tape and glue with beer in hand usually. PS, with Senton body you will likely need to trim wheel wells but I'm not positive.
Balls, I got robbed buying the hex extenders from the US, got stung for customs and admin charges so it trippled the cost :mad: now I find I can't even buy 2.8 trenchers on m11 17 hex on this mud island lol! Great.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back