Granite Anyone know how to remove rear axle from hub?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kage

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Voltage
Howdy,

I'm trying to replace the axles to the integy units and I can't seem to get these axels out of the hubs.

I've tried to press them, pry them, I've iced them and heated them.... If they didnt have separate part numbers in the exploded diagram I would say they're one piece lol.

PXL_20210109_015134166.PORTRAIT.jpg

Does that mean push the axle with a 2mm hex? Mine doesn't quite look like that. Is that a rear from a granite voltage?

I can’t answer that question but there is an avatar removal tool that will replace dead, over tanned presidents from your account.....

Thanks for the tip, one thing at a time. First, these axles.

The voltage axle should just press out, there's nothing holding it in place except the inner and outer hub bearings (the 2mm screw someone said you have to remove is only on the mega/3s/4s trucks). I'd get a socket that's just a bit larger than the plastic cup and place the cup inside it with the hub laying across the sides of the socket, then use a hammer to tap the axle out. Try that with some WD-40 between the axle shaft and the bearings to loosen things up.

The voltage axle should just press out, there's nothing holding it in place except the inner and outer hub bearings (the 2mm screw someone said you have to remove is only on the mega/3s/4s trucks). I'd get a socket that's just a bit larger than the plastic cup and place the cup inside it with the hub laying across the sides of the socket, then use a hammer to tap the axle out. Try that with some WD-40 between the axle shaft and the bearings to loosen things up.
I'll give that a shot. I tried to press it using a c clamp. It's in there tight!

Last edited:
For anyone that googles this in the future, I used 3-in-1 silicon lube (instead of wd-40, i didn't want the wd-40 to eat the grease if there was any), and used the socket-vise trick. It was not easy, and required about an hour of soak before they broke free - but, they did break free.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back