Notorious Anyone know to to hook up power Hobby fans?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thatonekid286

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
I went to my local hobby shop looking for motor fan suggestions. He sold me the power hobby heat sink with dual fans setup and told me it plugs into the receiver. It came with no instructions and I can’t find a guide online as to how it connects. The receiver only has 4 ports: Bind, Steering, Throttle, Aux. Each one has 3 pins, the plugs on the fan only have 2. I plugged 1 fan in and no matter how it’s connected with the power on the fan never turns on. I know it’s a simple issue but I am having trouble. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

The fans get connected to the same connection the esc fan gets connected to. You can use a y connector. I made my own but there are options to just buy them pre made.

Last edited:
I just installed those on my Kraton. No instructions came with. Make sure the fans are mounted open side up or the blade won’t turn. My kit came with a y adapter but my receiver had 5 channels so I didn’t use it. The fans will only operate if plugged in the right way and only utilize the power and ground terminals On the receiver.

Turn your truck on and plug it in. If it's right the fans will spin, if it's wrong, unplug and rotate. That's how I got it 😂

Wish radio manufacturers would stick to the same wire colors. Red and black for positive and negative (hot and ground whatever) and whatever color of the rainbow their little hearts desire for signal. Spektrum's are especially obnoxious thankfully doesn't seem to hurt much as long as you don't leave em that way.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back