Anyone know what this grinding/clicking noise could be?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waspmoose

Can’t Stop, Won’t Stop Rc Addiction
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Outcast 4s
I have developed this clicking/grinding noise and I cant figure out what is is coming from. When I remove the driveshaft it stops. Just wanted to see if anyone had any Ideas before I tore the truck apart.

See the part where the car is on the ground? Whatever diff that is on the right side (can’t tell if those are the front or rear wheels) that diff is blown.

Thats what I thought ill just send it till its not working
Lmao that’s how I am with my trucks. So far I’ve had a blown diff in my revo for almost 100 runs but it hasn’t chipped another tooth... I have the replacement ring gear but when I took it apart, the 2 teeth around the one that’s broken off are showing no wear at all so I guess it’s got no problem with lasting forever lol.

My senton makes a signature blown diff grinding noise but only when I’m on the brakes or in reverse. I’ll just keep sending it until something breaks.

Lmao that’s how I am with my trucks. So far I’ve had a blown diff in my revo for almost 100 runs but it hasn’t chipped another tooth... I have the replacement ring gear but when I took it apart, the 2 teeth around the one that’s broken off are showing no wear at all so I guess it’s got no problem with lasting forever lol.

My senton makes a signature blown diff grinding noise but only when I’m on the brakes or in reverse. I’ll just keep sending it until something breaks.
Yeah my slash is down, hit s curb at 70mph so im waiting for parts for that. SO the granite is all i have left to play with. Seems to be running fine just with the annoying sound. If i take it apart that means no fun for at least a week since theres no lhs here.

RIP. I did that as well with my 4x4. It just broke the lower bulkhead and that absorbed all the force lol.

2.5 year old acted like he was gonna run into the street took my eyes off slash and went head first into curb sad day

Attachments

• 2C53467E-44A5-432B-8D8A-17B8AD0D8BC2.jpeg
    2C53467E-44A5-432B-8D8A-17B8AD0D8BC2.jpeg
    167.5 KB · Views: 79
  • 8B963EC8-9F31-44A9-A381-E723ABB5A1E6.jpeg
    8B963EC8-9F31-44A9-A381-E723ABB5A1E6.jpeg
    192.2 KB · Views: 64
  • 4675D941-E25B-4FFC-972D-1053CC35F529.jpeg
    4675D941-E25B-4FFC-972D-1053CC35F529.jpeg
    221.7 KB · Views: 64
? thank god those slash 2wd’s were tanks... nice to see you didn’t do much damage!

Yeah that caster block is messed up. To be honest I’ve seen worse lol.

Yeahhhh right buddy LMAO.
Dude, no brand bash here. lol I honestly have it as pumped up as I can and way more than I should've afforded. MIP cvds, Robinson Racing, Proline shocks, etc... It's pretty but now that it's shelf stable, I just tell stories about it and view from afar.

Attachments

• grey1.jpg
    grey1.jpg
    344.3 KB · Views: 48
Oooo prettyyy. I'd put the HR diff in it and take it back out!

Maybe one day. lol. But like I said, too much is too much. I don't mind maybe dancing around in the yard on 2s or even 3s if thats what I have charged but I've lately been overly cautious. I'm scared to really jam it.
This summer at work I'll have dirt and room to wot but lately I keep the trigger finger in check. It was my first love and she'll always have a place in my heart. ??

Thats a sexy looking truck! Fixed my granite it was a stripped imput shaft on the front diff. Easy fix!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back