Kraton Anyone looking for 2.5 mill diff fluid

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wish they had a 25M or 30M... or that traxxas used a tighter diff cup/larger gears in the center of the ERBE2.0 so you didn't have to use concrete to slow a diff down. They really dropped the ball on that IMHO. Nitwits started at 20M. Can't really tune when that is your starting point.

I had to tear my revo down again (which isn't a small task) to inspect my center as after about 5 minutes of running, the center diff was dumping 80% of the power to the front last weekend. All 4 diff screws were loose and it seems once that stuff heats up, it finally becomes less viscous and oozes out all over inside the transmission. This time when filling it back up, I jammed what I could in, then heated the diff cup with a torch and worked the diff to get the stuff to settle, added a bit more, heated, then pressed the top side sun gear into it while it was warm. Then after it cooled, I cleaned off the remaining "puddy" that stuck up around the sun gear, cleaned the screw holes out as well as the screws and use orange loctite on them. Hoping it acts like a diff again as it was horrible to drive as it was.

Last edited:
I noticed Team Gravity has 20 million silicone "Putty". Hell that will lock it up for sure. You will never wear out the sat. and sun gears. Because they will never move, never rotate.:ROFLMAO:
Can I use "Silly Putty" instead? I know someone has done it somewhere. Forgot where I saw that.

I noticed Team Gravity has 20 million silicone "Putty". Hell that will lock it up for sure. You will never wear out the sat. and sun gears. Because they will never move, never rotate.:ROFLMAO:
Can I use "Silly Putty" instead? I know someone has done it somewhere. Forgot where I saw that.
Guys used to do that back in the day with MT's to have a "locked" diff without using a spool or destroying the diff with JB weld/epoxy.

It is kind of crazy that they use 20M in things... on the bench, it feels like concrete and you have to use pliers on the output shafts to spin it, but in the truck, it's not nearly as locked as you would expect. At least with my revo.

Reardon posted in FB Group yesterday to be careful using 20 mill.

Can always mix 20 mill and 1 mill to get something in between. 2/3 1mill and 1/3 20mill should give you about 2.6mill.

It's a rough approximation at best. The only way I see it is if you mix by weight in grams, not by volume to get any rough idea of what it actually is. It's trial and error at best.what you end up getting may work. But trying to duplicate the actual final CST would be difficult. The thicker the CST the harder to mix. IMO. I will mix lower weight CST silic.oil when it comes to shock oils. But I find diff weights are tougher. Nothing wrong with exerimenting though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back