Granite Anyone looking for a Granite BLX (it does need fixing)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CraigVMN

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
This was written for FB marketplace & CL ;):)

For sale is an Arrma Granite BLX 4x4 truck. I have upgraded the radio/receiver, steering servo and installed aluminum pivot balls on the joints. I’ve had it for about two weeks.

At first everything was fine, truck drove great and is very tough. I got a set of road tires and wheels and had an issue with the plastic near the axel melting. Turns out I had over tightened the nut and the bearings weren’t turning, so it heated up the axel and damaged the wheels. I replaced the bearings, got a new set of wheels/tires and tightened them just enough, and the truck ran great again.

Until today. I was driving in a parking lot, hit the brakes, the truck did a 180 and went backwards into a curb, hitting the wheelie bar. After that, when I hit the throttle, there was a nasty grinding sound and the truck wouldn’t move. I took everything apart, including the motor mount, inspected the pinion & spur gear, differentials, slipper clutch, drive shafts etc. and everything looks just fine, no broken gears or parts. Put it back together and still I have the problem of it not working. Pressing the throttle causes the whole truck to shake, and the motor stops after a few seconds.

Included is everything in the pictures and the DumboRC 6 channel radio, one 2s and one 3s battery, charger, original radio & receiver and a slew of parts. The person buying the lot acknowledges the issues outlined above, and understands the truck needs repair to run correctly. Thus, you are buying everything AS IS - no returns!

Best reasonable cash offer takes the lot. Meet in Hugo or Hamline University. Cash only, COVID guidelines (masks etc) adhered to.

NO I’m not selling everything for a dollar
NO I don’t want anything in trade
NO I will not call you (until after you have thorough made email contact)
NO I will not be available for technical support

Attachments

• arrma1.png
    arrma1.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 79
  • arrma2.png
    arrma2.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 67
  • arrma3.png
    arrma3.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 66
  • arrma4.png
    arrma4.png
    3 MB · Views: 77
  • arrma6.png
    arrma6.png
    4.8 MB · Views: 64
  • arrma7.png
    arrma7.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 59
I don't qualify to post to the classifieds as I haven't been a member for a solid month yet, thus the post here

So just for shits and giggles I was wondering have you sold this yet?

I am working with my local hobby store to return the unopened parts. I am also going to contact the manufacturer because I believe the problem lies with the ESC, and I'm hoping they will replace it under warranty. If they do, and that corrects the problem, I can sell a functioning model. If not, I will take out the ESC & Motor and sell it as a roller, and part out the other things, like wheels, batteries, radio/receiver etc. I'll let you know what I find out.

How much are you asking?

At this point I'm parting everything out. Bodies, batteries & charger, radio & receiver, street wheels/tires. What's left as a roller would be everything else minus the bad ESC. What are you looking for?

With no tires it considered a slider

Noted (that makes sense) One thing I did this morning and I don't know why I didn't do this before is take the truck with tires on it and roll it on the floor. With all 4 tires engaged it rolled & sounded jut as one would expect. I have to believe the issue lies with the ESC. I would encourage a prospective buyer to bring along their ESC to test it out.
Guess I'm not up on all the nomenclature - So, just add wheels to turn a slider into a roller? :):rolleyes::LOL::ROFLMAO:

granite.png

Last edited:
At this point I'm parting everything out. Bodies, batteries & charger, radio & receiver, street wheels/tires. What's left as a roller would be everything else minus the bad ESC. What are you looking for?

I'd be interested the chassis, stock body and radio/receiver.

For any interested parties local to the twin cities area of MN, I have ads up on FB marketplace & Craigslist

Sold a goon number of items to one buyer already, and only had the ads up this afternoon

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back