Anyone notice the new Hobbystar 4s Graphene Battery?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rcjuices return policy/ customer service is crap. Recently purchased a hobby star brushless motor. Had to return the motor because it was getting way to hot. Tried various pinions per rcjuices suggestion with the same results. Returned motor 4 days after recieving it. They blamed me for the defective motor and charged a recycling fee. Luckily I went through Amazon and they gave me a complete refund...
I'll never use them again, which is a shame since they are my go to store.

get your money back and still complain. my goodness...
Rcjuice is a ripoff. They do not honor their warranty. They told me if a motor gets hot they will not honor it. Almost every motor will get hot when it goes out. I did not get my money back from a motor that was only used a few times. I would imagine neither does most people. Have you had to deal with a return yet?

I happen to love rcjuice like the op. Quality stuff they make, yes, you may get a defective thing, but not only did you get your money back, the motor itself is dirt cheap. I picked up. A CC1515 copy (hobbystar 4276 2000kv) and it doesn't do any worse than the Traxxas motor that came in the car. Still runs hot, but that's the problem we're all trying to fix in our e revo's. I have 2 of their 5200mah 3s lipos that I run in my senton, they are also fantastic, and got them both for $40 each.

I only got all my money back because Amazon stepped in. Rcjuice was only going to give me a small portion back and blamed me for a defective motor... the motor shouldn't run hot. Also i purchased a similar leopard motor that stays nice and cool. the cost of the motor is irrelevant.
All that matters is their lousy customer service.

You guessed it, Im a piece of work. I grew up with a small family retail business and am soooo glad my folks sold it and I became a machinist. I could not believe the poop my dad put up with dealing with the public on the daily bases. And that was over 30 years ago, cant imagine what its like now. Not hearing rcjuices part of the story I cannot comment on whos side I am on but have had nothing but good experiences with them and just want to know if anyone saw this freakin battery...

I happen to love rcjuice like the op. Quality stuff they make, yes, you may get a defective thing, but not only did you get your money back, the motor itself is dirt cheap. I picked up. A CC1515 copy (hobbystar 4276 2000kv) and it doesn't do any worse than the Traxxas motor that came in the car. Still runs hot, but that's the problem we're all trying to fix in our e revo's. I have 2 of their 5200mah 3s lipos that I run in my senton, they are also fantastic, and got them both for $40 each.
RCJuice does not make anything. They just slap their Hobbystar sticker on generic Chinese produces and mark it up a bit. I will give them that the generic China products they sell tend to be at least middle quality, and not the Goolrc crap.

RCJuice does not make anything. They just slap their Hobbystar sticker on generic Chinese produces and mark it up a bit. I will give them that the generic China products they sell tend to be at least middle quality, and not the Goolrc crap.
That is correct. If you look into the company they claim to be a juice bar and has 2 employees. They also claim only 150K in annual sales. They make nothing. They sell other peoples product at a markup and they have extremely bad customer service after the sale. I will say the guy puts up a good front. It looks like the real deal at first glance. If you buy from them (him) you are taking a gamble.

That is correct. If you look into the company they claim to be a juice bar and has 2 employees. They also claim only 150K in annual sales. They make nothing. They sell other peoples product at a markup and they have extremely bad customer service after the sale. I will say the guy puts up a good front. It looks like the real deal at first glance. If you buy from them (him) you are taking a gamble.

Their juice is awesome though. I like the 500k orange banana smoothie

No, I don't hate them, and I think most don't. Lots of fanbois of RCjuice over on RCTech too. I had not heard complaints about their CS till this thread, but that is not to say it didn't happen.

I do see a lot of fans of the Hobbystar batteries. Hopefully they don't run into supplier issues like SMC did. SMC (similar to RCJuice) is just an importer/rebrander. Their factory passed them a bad batch of batteries, and SMC had their name run thru the ringer on the forums over batteries that only lasted a few runs. They lost a lot of fans over that...

I think I have 6 HS batteries at the moment but not the one I gave the link for, it is "new". Never had any issues with mine so I guess Im a fan Boi...and as for rebranding in 2019 who doesn't in RC. RCjuice warranty info doesn't seem out of line, though I would prefer a phone number, they are pretty clear about their policy on electronics.
I think Vant batteries have about the best warranty atm: (Warranty: Vant Batteries are warranted to be free from defects upon delivery to the customer. They are warranted against failure for a period of 6 Months from the date of purchase. Misuse, abuse, or neglect by customer is not covered in this warranty. After the 6 Month warranty period, the Lifetime Replacement Plan takes effect. Under the Lifetime Replacement Plan, you can send in your battery to receive a replacement for 50% off the retail price of the battery.)

Anyway, if someone happens to try the Silicone Graphene HS batteries post here and if I get one will as well. thanks guys.
jim

Rc juice just blocked me today for requesting a return on a motor and blamed it on me i was being cool to but i guess it is what it is.

20190113_130632.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back