Anyone picking up a Proline Ambush?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrfurious40k

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
  2. Senton 6s
I was looking for something small to goof around with when the weather was too crappy to play outside in the winter. I had been looking at these for awhile so when Tower did their $50 off $250 deal the other day I ordered the new Nero body I've been needing and preordered a Proline Ambush.

They aren't cheap but I remember when I was a Mini-Z addict back in the day and those cost just a pretty penny too. Mini-Zs weren't nearly as advanced or as purpose built as this rig either. I can't wait until the aftermarket catches up to it and you can go mad with aluminum upgrades. It's gonna be a fun little toy.

I was really on the fence about them because the price is pretty high for the scale. Stupid Tower Hobbies ran a one day promo last week that suckered me in. Lol

I just bought my son an ECX Temper yesterday. From the video, it is not nearly as nice as the proline but it was less than 1/2 as much. Aside from the worm gears on the proline, the ECX appears to be just as capable. I tried to talk him into the Basher Rocksta but he wasn't having it. I might pick one of those up just to show him what he is missing with AWS and MOA.

I just bought my son an ECX Temper yesterday. From the video, it is not nearly as nice as the proline but it was less than 1/2 as much. Aside from the worm gears on the proline, the ECX appears to be just as capable. I tried to talk him into the Basher Rocksta but he wasn't having it. I might pick one of those up just to show him what he is missing with AWS and MOA.

I was wrong above, the 1/24 Temper we have is worm drive and motor brakes quite well. It is the first crawler I've driven and they are way more fun than I expected. The Basher has been ordered!

They look neat and while costing a bit more than I was hoping I might still buy one or two for me and my little guy to play with around the house.

You'll love them, the inexpensive parts more then make up for the vehicles price.Woodland Scenics makes scale mountain/cave/desert diorama kits around $20 a kit, it takes $20-30 just to cover a single box with expanding foam so the price of using scale stuff is actually fairly reasonable.This is not my work, but its a fun read and extremely inspiring.

http://scalebuildersguild.com/forum/showthread.php?14786-Nigelpheron-s-Micro-Landscapes

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back