Anyone picking up the new Fury?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
seems like they arent going to make it? it is removed from their website :(

And will there be a new BLX version?

The BLX's they sell now are the "old" models, and the Raider XL and the new Granite BLX are the only BLX model I guess.
I love the BLX powerplant and metal gearbox

They have not released any information bls and blx... sadly I say that they have removed the newest mega version, so I am not sure what is going on with the new Fury versions

Well, I got half an answer...

04.18.2016-09.19.png

Now why has it been such a long time and no word from Arrma about this? Maybe they dropped the idea? This is so sad... they work on all the models but the fury :(

Maybe they are in a transition period? It would be worse to release it, then not keep up with demand.

Also, if there is still a lot of "old" stock out there, I would think it would have to be discounted quite a bit once the new ones start show up. Maybe they are letting the stock levels go down some.

Maybe its a combination of the two. Maybe I am totally wrong.

I am hoping the old one will go on sale so I can stick that Mojave body on it for my youngest.

Hey folks, the new v2016 Mega (AR102651) is now back up on the Arrma website! Tower Hobbies lists a "late August" in-stock date.

The first thing I noticed is that they've gone to Philips head screws. Boooo! I get it. The average Joe that the Fury Mega is aimed at is unlikely to have a good set of hex head screw drivers but even my grandmother has a #2 Philips (and she's dead)! It's also shipping with the Tactic TX300 transmitter and antenna-less receiver. Schweet. The included NiMh battery is just a 6-cell 2000 mAh jobber so run times will be short and performance will be down. I get that this helps keep costs down but c'mon Arrma, 2000 mAh? That'll give what, 10 minutes of hard driving? With the slow as molasses included wall-wart charger average Joe consumer is going to get frustrated with long charge times and short run times. I gotta say, I'm totally diggin' the new color scheme. The new wheels look is more in-line with main stream SCT design. I wonder if they'll be available in that black chrome finish that the previous wheels were? It doesn't look like they've changed the shocks up any though. Weakest point on the Fury line and it's remained unchanged since it's introduction. :(

All in all a decent update IMHO.

Last edited:
Thanks for the update. I am hoping the 2014 Fury will go on sale now.

I agree about the battery and charger. I totally underestimated that aspect of this when I made the jump from toys to hobby-type rc for my kids. It took me all of about 7 minutes of run time and a 3 hour charge to figure out I needed to upgrade.

Thanks for the update.

It looks that they added the Senton body without the wing and the rear and front bumpers are different. They also change the body posts.

Last edited:
It's basically a 2014 with new wheels and body/paint and a new radio. The 2014 mega was already cursed with philips head screws.

It's basically a 2014 with new wheels and body/paint and a new radio. The 2014 mega was already cursed with philips head screws.

My Mega is a 2013 so I have hex head screws, metal side plates and metal diff gears (which tend to have doming issues) but the massive pain in the rump steering servo box. My 2014 is a BLS, it has hex head screws but lacks the metal side plates. I personally didn't care for the baby blue paint scheme of the 2014 Mega. I really liked all the 2013 color options and I also like the 2016 black/dark blue. Of all the transmitters the Arrmas have shipped with over the years I think the Tactic is quite good. I do kinda lament the loss of the ambidextrous transmitter concept. That was pretty trick, especially if you're a lefty. :)

They also change the body posts.

I totally missed the body post change!

Yeah, I've been replacing my philips screws with hex head screws. Massive PITA, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do. Just found the body mount change while looking for parts for someone on the Facebook group... Weird changes.

It looks like my hope of the 2014 going on sale is slim.

Tower and RC Planet both say they don't have any in stock. Other places I have looked are in short supply.

I may go with the 2016 for my youngest and see if the Mojave body will fit. I have an email in to Arrma to check on that.

Here is a comparison of the two latest Fury's from the Arrma site. They are very similar. The bumpers, body mounts and body size are slightly different. They say the body mounts were changed so it would fit most after market bodies.

http://www.arrma-rc.com/vehicle-comparison/AR102605/AR102651

Last edited:
So, I bought what was supposed to be (by the listing) a 2014 Fury. They sent me the new 2016.

When I inquired, they said they didnt have any 2014's and the local hobby places don't have any either. I may keep it.

Now a couple "local" shops cautioned me against buying a 2014 because parts are scarce and they changed the transmission and parts won't transfer. They relayed a story saying they couldnt fix somebodys 2014 transmission because they couldnt get parts. I am not sure if thats true or not. Any thoughts? The skeptic in me says they just want to sell me something else.

Anyway, I kind of like the new body. The blue has a metallic look to it which looks much better in person vs the pics.

I will have to modify the Mojave body if I want to use it. The front body support comes up and curves back to the center of the truck, leaving it about an inch from current holes in the body. Maybe I can turn the front body support around the other way and the existing holes may line up better.??

Last edited:
I presume the front shocks are the same as they've always been? 78mm eye-to-eye.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back